Dallas and San Jose going to game 7

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Down 3-0, Dallas Stars tie up series to force game 7.
May 17th, 2007 5:56:00 PM

Dallas, Texas. (AP) - After dropping the first three games in their series with the San Jose Sharks, the Dallas Stars have roared back to force game 7 with a shut out win tonight.

So much for the predictions of the pundents before the series started that Dallas was carrying too many rookie players and wouldn't know how to step up in the playoffs. The two heroes for the Dallas Stars come back so far have been their two best rookies all season leading the Stars to force a game 7 with the San Jose Sharks. Derek Roy and Michel Ouellet, let alone are leading their team but are leading the NHL in scoring this post season.

It appears that Miikaa Kiprusoff has finally realized that the playoffs have started and is picking up his game and getting shutout tonight in the Stars 4-0 win.

Stay tuned folks...who ever wins this series is going to be poised to be completely exausted in the next series and will be golfing extremely quickly.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
It seems your goalie has realized the playoffs have started and mine forgot he was playing in them.:help:

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Sharks being the Hunted and Not the Hunter

Dallas, TX - It seems that those flaming balls of gas have battled there way back into this series after losing 3 straight to start. "Who knew those flaming pieces of....... "gas" could find it in them to comeback", stated GM Astles after the frustrating 4-0 loss his team endured on home ice in Game 6. He also had some choice words for his boys which we cannot repeat for the public.

The Sharks were completely out of sync being outshot by 15 during the game. It was as if they didn't even show up. "The early game time caught us off guard so we didnt have a goalie in the net for the first 10 minutes, allowing them to get those 2 easy goals to start. All joking aside our goaltending HAS to be better and if it isn't then well, that will be it."

Theres not much else to say about this game. San Jose better start praying to the God of hockey in California, "Saint Jose", if they wish to win game 7.

Jose Jaws
San Jose Tribune

Let's get this game going, the suspense is killing me!

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Not at first though...i thought I was going to get swept out...

the PP has killed me in this series...

Lately I've been taking more penalties. The series changed when Lyle Odelein got injured in game 3!

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
A treat for the first 3 games maybe!

The same thing happened to me last year, no matter what I tried to do to change my teams fortunes it would just get worse! I have a feeling the same thing will happen this year, but hopefully I'm wrong!

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
If you guys have your lineups set, I'll try and play the game earlier than I had planned... let me know.

I'm personally ready, I've yet to see a reason that my team has been ready for the last 3 games, though.

Thanks for trying to get the game in a little sooner. :)

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Well, Laurens, congrats.

My trip was set back so I was allowed to be around to witness the final step in my teams full and total collapse. I tried to switch my fortunes by putting Osgood in net but if your players don't score it doesn't really matter who goes in net. Good luck to the rest of you left in the playoffs. I probably wouldn't have made it past the next round anyway!

Theres something to be said also when for the last 4 games I did not recieve any of the 3 star nominations. They really were the 3 STARS. ;)

I think this is also a good time to announce that I will be resigning my post as the Sharks HFNHL GM as soon as Matt can find a replacement for me. I felt it was right for various reasons which I will not get into here but I wish this league the best of luck in the future! Thanks for a great couple of years guys!

Dave Astles

HFNHL Red Wings

We're sorry to see you go Dave. You've been a very good GM and the HFNHL Sharks franchise is better for it.

I hope that the undisclosed reasons for your departure are for positive reasons (ie great new job, new addition to the family, or something like that) and not b/c you didn't enjoy the HFNHL.

Either way best wishes for the future.

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Well, Laurens, congrats.

My trip was set back so I was allowed to be around to witness the final step in my teams full and total collapse. I tried to switch my fortunes by putting Osgood in net but if your players don't score it doesn't really matter who goes in net. Good luck to the rest of you left in the playoffs. I probably wouldn't have made it past the next round anyway!

Theres something to be said also when for the last 4 games I did not recieve any of the 3 star nominations. They really were the 3 STARS. ;)

I think this is also a good time to announce that I will be resigning my post as the Sharks HFNHL GM as soon as Matt can find a replacement for me. I felt it was right for various reasons which I will not get into here but I wish this league the best of luck in the future! Thanks for a great couple of years guys!

Dave Astles

Thanks David...

We'll miss you buddy...take are and all the best!

I need an AGM...if you want a less involved roll...let me know. I'd want to keep you involved in the league if possible.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Im not sure what the heck happened, but apparently the Stars won the series 5 games to 3 :huh:

It looks like the Game 7 must have been counted twice (including on all the stats pages - Stars are listed as playing 8 games) for some odd reason...

And just when you think you've seen it all...

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Thanks David...

We'll miss you buddy...take are and all the best!

I need an AGM...if you want a less involved roll...let me know. I'd want to keep you involved in the league if possible.

That could be a possibility. I will have to get back to you on that. Thanks for the offer!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad