Dallas Americans Website Is Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
As a site goes up, the league goes down. :(

Besides that, its a nice site. Alot nicer than some of the NHL teams'. And its nice to ressurect the Reunion Arena! :)

Just one question though, why are they "America's Team"? Did the WHA decied to pick at random out of a hat the team that will represent the USA?

Last edited:

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
Dan Galvin said:
Wow, the league is still breathing some life. Not sure for how much longer though.

I wonder if i'm the first person to see that site? Haha

I went to the Gladiators site and got bored and typed in the team names and it worked.

Still no site for Ice Breakers, Blazers or any of the other teams.

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
Canadian_man said:
Just one question though, why are they "America's Team"? Did the WHA decied to pick at random out of a hat the team that will represent the USA?

Trying pull a little bit out of the Dallas Cowboys' playbook, since they have also been known as "America's Team" (So have the Atlanta Braves, at least by TBS).

Duff88

May 7, 2002
For those who might be interested, that site has been up for about a week or two.

GoPenguins

Mar 29, 2003
Albany, NY
Visit site
For some reason they don't list a roster ... :lol

If they are going tostart in late October, what are they fielding as a team? Cheerleaders? Mascots? Ice Mice? :lol

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
GoPenguins said:
For some reason they don't list a roster ... :lol

If they are going tostart in late October, what are they fielding as a team? Cheerleaders? Mascots? Ice Mice? :lol

That's the perpetual problem with the WHA. They don't sign anyone. They just sit around twiddling their thumbs all day long. That's the only logical explanation why this league hasn't signed any players yet.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's kind of a clue your league sucks when your commissioner doesn't wear a tie for a logo unveiling ceremony. And looks drunk.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
parabola said:
Oh god, I wonder how many people joined the fan club.

I signed up for the emails. Maybe it was a fan club, I don't know. I just know I haven't got any info yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad