Daley-Eminger

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Steve Eminger.

As I've said before, Trevor Daley doesn't have the upside of guys like Eminger, Colaiacovo, Grebeshkov, etc...

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
I hope you guys are right about Eminger. Wade Redden? That'd rock!

I haven't been particularly impressed with his play at the NHL level. Of course, he needs to bulk up and he's still very young. And he didn't exactly do anything wrong. He just isn't anywhere near strong enough yet to defend against NHLers. Or worse, he doesn't have the technique. Wade Redden? That'd be great!

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
X-SHARKIE said:
Wow that's quite the statement, I wouldn't say he's in that league of a player but he'll be a a good one.

Eminger easily.

Thats not to say that he will be as successful as Redden has recently but I think before long he will be regarded as one of the top two-way defensemen in the game. The potential is certainly there.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
The physical tools are there, but I don't think the mental tools are there.

mental tools can be learnt through veteran help and the right coaching, as well as a person maturing.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
X-SHARKIE said:
The physical tools are there, but I don't think the mental tools are there.

With defenseman, as with goaltenders, its gaining experiece and learning shooters tendencies to position himself well. I think he should be fine in the long run.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Eminger looked good at the start of the season but Cassidy basically through him into the fire and he was getting way too much ice time and he was soon over his head...when he was sent down to portland, his play really dropped off and didnt pick back up until Morrisonn was sent down to portland after being traded by boston...I know stats arent everything but 4 pts in 41 games (AHL) in the '03-'04 season but this year so far is he's got 5 pts in 4 games so hopefully he's rebounded and got back on track

I dont think he tops out potentially wise and becomes a player like Wade Redden, he kind of reminds me of Calle Johansson

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Can't speak for Steve Eminger having seen him play for maybe twice, thrice, tops. Didn't really stand out to me, though I did notice a near perfect skating game. Anyway, Trevor Daley is a fluid skating defenseman as well with amazing speed, actually beating out the likes of Mike Modano, Niko Kapanen and Bill Guerin during speed relays at practise. His hockeysense is good, he's physical enough for a kid his size (5'10/210), the only issue he needs to work is to develop some consistency to his game in his own end. That's the biggest part he has to work on. By no means is he a defensive liability, but for a kid with so much talent expected to log plenty of minutes, he has to be a consistent force in his own backyard to take his game to the next level and maybe raise his upside from a decent #3 to a first pairing defenseman. His finishing skills could be a bit better as well, but all in all, Trevor Daley is a very intruiging player who's very exciting to watch. Steve Eminger has to be a blue chipper and something special may he win this comparison "easily". Something he hasn't proven just yet aside from being draft earlier.

Last edited:

leafaholix*

Steve Eminger is a bluechipper.

Unfortunately his AHL numbers from last season were poor because of the horrible team he played on in Portland, the worst offense producing team in the AHL. But this year he's looking good with 5 points in his first 5 games.

Eminger was Canada's #1 defenseman at the 2003 WJC, Colaiacovo at #2... and Daley failed to beat out Bell or White for the #7 spot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->