GDT: dalcar

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So great to pick a curb stomping to bring the wife and kids to. The ladies loved it- my 10 year old daughter has now personally witnessed 2 hat tricks. I count my 4th.

My military rush seats in the upper deck were ironically the same exact seats I had at the end of the year in 2011 when I had returned from Afghanistan only to see them lose the last game of the year to Tampa and miss the playoffs

They played like they didn't give a f***, which is what they need going forward.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
To me, a 10 year old car is something aspirational, and likely a paragon of reliability if it's made by a non-luxury and non-FCA automaker.

I'm getting rid of a 2001 Subaru Forester later this week. I would have repaired it (only minor issues right now) but my parents were getting a new car and are giving me one of theirs. It's always been good for a this or that every few months these last couple years, but it does still drive pretty nicely.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
10 year old car here is pretty okey :D
Swedish, German, whatever

I was mostly joking. You can't be too mad when the alternator goes out in a 10 year old car.

It was a mite cheaper than the time I had to have the AWD transaxle replaced a while back. That repair almost cost more than the car was worth, but the guy that hit me was paying for it so I didn't care.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
So great to pick a curb stomping to bring the wife and kids to. The ladies loved it- my 10 year old daughter has now personally witnessed 2 hat tricks. I count my 4th.

My military rush seats in the upper deck were ironically the same exact seats I had at the end of the year in 2011 when I had returned from Afghanistan only to see them lose the last game of the year to Tampa and miss the playoffs

They played like they didn't give a ****, which is what they need going forward.

Not an American but I can appreciate people brave enough to put their lives on the line to make the world a better place.

Thanks for your service and glad you and your family enjoyed the game!

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
I was just about by myself in my 323 section, but I still had a great time. Something may be starting to click here.

Oh, Faulk and Hanifin are still terrible at defense. And Darling seems to struggle mightily with rebound control every damn game, which leads to scrambles where guys like a diving Pesce have to bail his ass out.

But besides those 2 things, we were very good.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Haydn Fleury played the second most minutes of any Cane tonight, behind Slavin. I know there will be rookie mistakes and growing pains at times, but I'm really impressed with what he brings to the D. He's been solid, makes good choices and is more physical than I had expected.

Other than Slavin of course, I really think he's the most consistent d-man on the team. Pesce has been up and down. Faulk is wildly inconsistent from shift to shift. Hanifin has been coming on of late but has had some absolutely horrendous games. TVR is steady and "safe" but has not so much upside. Other than the first Dallas game (I think?) there's never really been a moment where I thought Fleury looked like anything less than a good second-pair guy.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Well, it's a 10 year old Volvo, so it's almost guaranteed to be broken by then anyway

I used to own a Volvo a while back....every visit to the shop either went like, ".....yeah, it's gonna be about $800..." or something like, "....I've never seen this before, probably gonna run about $1,800...."

Currently I drive a 15 year old Suburban with over 330,000 miles on it. I owe it money.

My Genesis is 7 years old.

I thought Genesis was thousands of years old....

Haydn Fleury played the second most minutes of any Cane tonight, behind Slavin. I know there will be rookie mistakes and growing pains at times, but I'm really impressed with what he brings to the D. He's been solid, makes good choices and is more physical than I had expected.
While watching the broadcast I lost counts of the "nice play by Fleury right there" comments. I'm hearing that more and more.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

I love the grin he has when it gets chippy at the end of a play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad