U18: D1A

mariothemagician

Apr 26, 2023
Hey everyone!
What do you think about this year’s U18 D1A, this year the tournament takes place in Angers, France. There have been some interesting results so far.(Kazakhstan-Denmark 3-8; Kazahstan-Japan 5-0; Japan-Denmark 5-3)
Who are the best players on each team so far? Who will get relegated and which team will go up?

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
France is going down without a doubt. The team hasn't come together at all so far and the staff has been picked like someone has to be there even they are not qualified for the job.

Reactions: mariothemagician

mariothemagician

Apr 26, 2023
While it answers none of the questions but two Kazakh prospects dominating Finnish U18s sure is an interesting sight.
Yes! They are doing really well so far, Alexander Kim has scored some beautiful goals, but the whole Kazakh team seems really deep for me.

mariothemagician

Apr 26, 2023
France is going down without a doubt. The team hasn't come together at all so far and the staff has been picked like someone has to be there even they are not qualified for the job.
The French have played well at their first game against Ukraine, probably they should have won that match. At their game against Hungary i have felt that they didn’t stand a chance to win.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yes, after their game against Japan they have resurrected they certainly have two of the best prospects of the tournament
I think their loss to Japan can be associated with it being the first one, it's often a bit of a "trap game" due to the travel involved and such, much like Canadian U18s probably wouldn't lose to Sweden 8-0 on a regular day. They just weren't ready but it was the opposite against Kazakhstan, they knew it was effectively a must-win game.

Ukraine has the youngest team and the only 15-year-old in the tournament so while it sucks for France, I'm happy they are staying up. They are also missing what should be their best players who made the team even last year in Simchuk, Kurzenkov and Pazii for whatever reason.

mariothemagician

Apr 26, 2023
I think their loss to Japan can be associated with it being the first one, it's often a bit of a "trap game" due to the travel involved and such, much like Canadian U18s probably wouldn't lose to Sweden 8-0 on a regular day. They just weren't ready but it was the opposite against Kazakhstan, they knew it was effectively a must-win game.

Ukraine has the youngest team and the only 15-year-old in the tournament so while it sucks for France, I'm happy they are staying up. They are also missing what should be their best players who made the team even last year in Simchuk, Kurzenkov and Pazii for whatever reason
I think you are right. The danes were probably not in their top-form at their first game, but i don’t know if they will get to the top in the end. In my opinion this tourney has more surprises to come.

mariothemagician

Apr 26, 2023
After today’s games the french still have a chance to stay in d1a and after the character they’ve shown tonight I think it is really possible

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
After today’s games the french still have a chance to stay in d1a and after the character they’ve shown tonight I think it is really possible
Yes... assuming Ukraine doesn't take a point from Japan... and the French win in regulation over current leader Kazakhstan... I wish them this to happen... just won't hold my breath until it actually does

mariothemagician

Apr 26, 2023
Yes... assuming Ukraine doesn't take a point from Japan... and the French win in regulation over current leader Kazakhstan... I wish them this to happen... just won't hold my breath until it actually does
It seems a bit surprising, but all the teams have proven that basically everyone can beat anyone

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Really glad that Ukraine survived, they should be a better/older team next year.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Kazakhstan getting promoted for the first time in 21 years. Really unexpected, but cool to see. Shame that entire roster bar one player is unable to return next year, so an extended stay in Elite seems unlikely, but they only need to beat one team to prove me wrong.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad