D Xavier Bouchard - Baie-Comeau Drakkar, QMJHL (VGK, 2018, 185th)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
This is a player I really like and is a key piece to the rebuild in Baie-Comeau. He's the son of the Head Coach/GM of the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies Gilles Bouchard so he's always had good coaching. He's already a big kid but does need to add muscle and weight. Very good skater who loves to join the rush(sometimes too much), has great vision, high IQ and puck skills. His shot is ok but should be a weapon as he grows into his body. I'm expecting him to have a big year next year and hear his name called early in June.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=241374

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
This is a player I really like and is a key piece to the rebuild in Baie-Comeau. He's the son of the Head Coach/GM of the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies Gilles Bouchard so he's always had good coaching. He's already a big kid but does need to add muscle and weight. Very good skater who loves to join the rush(sometimes too much), has great vision, high IQ and puck skills. His shot is ok but should be a weapon as he grows into his body. I'm expecting him to have a big year next year and hear his name called early in June.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=241374

Loved what I saw in the games I watched. He was already used on PP1 and PK and was to me the number 1d on the team in the games I caught.

His shot isn't great but it hits the net and creates chances. Potential first round pick in 2018 no doubt.

hradekbr

Apr 19, 2017
He has a little bit of everything. He needs to work on his board play a bit and being more physical in the corners but that should come with natural body growth and experience.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Has struggled to put up points this year but also hasn't gotten as much special teams time as he should. Still has a great skill set and could at least be a safer 3rd pairing guy. Chance is there for him to rediscover his rookie form and explode once he's drafted. Ar this point he could go anywhere from early 3rd to late 5th IMO

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I really liked what I saw from him at the rookie tournament. He moves well for a big man that was taken in the 6th round.

At the start of his draft year, I had him viewed as as equivalent level to the other Bouchard. Obviously he’s not on that level right now, but he’s got a solid base. Liked the pick for the Habs at the time, and even more now.

He's not a Habs pick

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad