LD Mark Rubinchik - Humo Tashkent, Kazakhstan (2017 undrafted)

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
Mark Rubinchik has had a week to remember. First, the 17 year old Russian defenceman won a Bronze Medal at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament in Slovakia on Saturday. Today, he officially signed with the Saskatoon Blades.

In five games at the Hlinka Tournament, Rubinchik tallied 3 assists and 10 penalty minutes, being named player of the game once. A strong presence on the blue line for Team Russia, the Blades will be hoping Mark can do the same thing for their defensive unit.

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/rubinchik-signs-with-blades
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=284085

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Liked him at the Hlinka, although he had his ups and downs. I would have to think he's somewhere around a 2nd to 3rd round prospect right now. Will be interesting to follow his progression in Saskatoon.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Liked him at the Hlinka, although he had his ups and downs. I would have to think he's somewhere around a 2nd to 3rd round prospect right now. Will be interesting to follow his progression in Saskatoon.

Thats underrating him. Late first/early second.

Really good defensively, physical, a good skater, and has some offense to his game. I think he's one of the more polished defenseman in this draft.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Really stupid he wasn't drafted last year.

A lot of defense prospects were drafted without a shred of his skill.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
So what’s the deal with him. Must be some sort of drawback that led to him going undrafted.

Wouldn’t mind the Jets taking a chance on him in the 3rd or 4th round. Seems to have a bit of that Kasparaitis/Konstantinov snarl to his game without being a total slug. Sure looks like he can handle the puck and create a little offence.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad