LD Marc del Gaizo (2019, 109th, NSH)

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Marc Del Gaizo

In a year filled with tiny defensemen--why not one more! USHL defenseman of the week after 2 goals and 3 assists in 3 games. 31 points on the year--the next highest first-year eligible D in the USHL has 16.

UMass Amherst bound

Last edited:

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Finished 3rd in u20 NCAA defenseman scoring (and 1st in goals), ahead of a lot of notable prospects.

I haven't seen him enough to rate his defensive play but he seems competent, and maybe he picked up a thing or two from Makar?

Should likely get drafted this year.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
He's a very underrated player. I've watched him a ton this season and I really like his game. I could see him developing into a Krug-lite d-man. He has very good offensive instincts and is responsible enough in his own end. He's undersized but that doesn't seem to hold back d-men these days with the game getting smaller and faster. As a Sharks fan I'd be very happy if we took him at any point in this draft, but I think realistically he should go in the 4th round and later range. Great freshman year and with Ferraro+Makar leaving he should be the focal point of the UMass d-corps next year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hate to say the "S" word nowadays in hockey but is there no talk about him and all that due to him being small??

Put up impressive numbers last season in his rookie year in NCAA as a dman and ive read he could excel this upcoming season since he will be the main man with Makar gone

Seems like a good pick by Preds!

Reactions: LazyT

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
How is he playing though? Very small sample size
He looks pretty good... smooth with the puck and moving it well, he seems to be fairly stocky and strong despite being undersized. Not so sure about his own-zone play, but it's coming at a time when there is a bit of chaos on that front atm for the whole team. I think most of us were a little surprised that Spencer Stastney got the call late last season over Del Gaizo, since Del Gaizo seemed to be playing a more prominent role in Milwaukee, but so far in these small samples they both have looked like they could start logging time in the NHL now if needed. Since Del Gaizo's waiver exemption will be up next season, it's good that he's getting a look now, and showing well... the Preds will have to make some decisions on D at the deadline or in the off-season, but it sure seems like some of these guys are ready to step up.
:handclap:

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad