D Evan Bouchard - London Knights, OHL (2018, 10th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Really wish he was having a worse season. Liked it better when he was projected in the 20-30 range so the Leafs could of grabbed him. Oh well. He's an absolute joy to watch and deserves to go top 5 imo.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
At what point do we have to consider him NHL ready? Especially if his skating is par for the course.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Whats his main strength ?

Whats his biggest weakness ?

Who is he comparable to in NHL?stylistically of course. Ive heard John Carlsson.

Thanks in advance

Ferjo

Sep 28, 2004
Haven't seen him much the last few years but he was incredible in the U17s a few years back. Seems like a half decade ago, but his performance at that tournament has really stuck with me as one of the most impressive i've ever seen at that event. Vilardi was also fantastic that year

But on a team with Vilardi, Tippett, Thomas and Suzuki, Bouchards upside really had me the most excited.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Watching him right now against Sarnia and he looks like a pro already.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB

Yup, i'm watching too. Men amongst boys. He dominates and controls every aspect of the game. Anyone have any knocks on this guy? Looks like a surefire top 10 pick, possibly higher.

Reactions: bukwas

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Yup, i'm watching too. Men amongst boys. He dominates and controls every aspect of the game. Anyone have any knocks on this guy? Looks like a surefire top 10 pick, possibly higher.
Only thing is his skating really, decent mobility but not the best top end speed. Dobson's skating is much more impressive but he lacks Bouchard's offensive punch.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He's been horrible today. He's still a really good player and should go top 10 but his numbers are heavily inflated by how much he plays. Today he's been bad defensively mainly because he's routinely out for 2+ minutes every shift then gets caught. On pace for 40 minutes I'd say and that's not a good thing.

Saying that I do really like his game as he moves the puck well as has a great offensive mind but he needs to shorten his shifts and improve his skating+defensive play. Him being a late Bday is perfect as one more year of junior then being AHL eligible if needed is a good development plan for him.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He's been horrible today. He's still a really good player and should go top 10 but his numbers are heavily inflated by how much he plays. Today he's been bad defensively mainly because he's routinely out for 2+ minutes every shift then gets caught. On pace for 40 minutes I'd say and that's not a good thing.

Saying that I do really like his game as he moves the puck well as has a great offensive mind but he needs to shorten his shifts and improve his skating+defensive play. Him being a late Bday is perfect as one more year of junior then being AHL eligible if needed is a good development plan for him.

On the ice for 5 even strength goals last night
on the ice for 4 even strength goals against today.

Watched the highlights and he looks exhausted and terrible defensively on some of the goals.

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
On the ice for 5 even strength goals last night
on the ice for 4 even strength goals against today.

Watched the highlights and he looks exhausted and terrible defensively on some of the goals.

I saw a goal where he literally just stood and watched as a defender cruised right by him and around the net for a goal. I'd be unimpressed with the effort if it was on my beer league team let alone in the OHL.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I saw a goal where he literally just stood and watched as a defender cruised right by him and around the net for a goal. I'd be unimpressed with the effort if it was on my beer league team let alone in the OHL.

Kid gives me Cam Barker vibes. Not sure I'd be willing to burn a high pick on him.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He looks really good and I have him as the 7th best prospect. But if you’re expecting him to become an Alex Pietrangelo you’re going to be disappointed. Pietrangelo was nearly flawless defensively his entire OHL career and had that offensive game to go with it. Bouchard doesn’t have near the defensive ability that Pietrangelo had at that age.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Some thoughts to provide some context behind yesterday's game:

1) Sarnia is the 4th best team in the entire CHL and the Knights, in their present state after trading away 4 OHL star players, are near the bottom.
2) He's being forced to play 30+ minutes a game, because the team is only functional when he's on the ice. I think fatigue is starting to affect his game.

He had a bad game yesterday, but that doesn't change the fact he's been stellar all season long on defense and is the lone catalyst offensively on the team.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Rank these 3 in your draft order

Hughes
Bouchard
Dobson.

And also your NHL comparables for them. Thanks.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He looks really good and I have him as the 7th best prospect. But if you’re expecting him to become an Alex Pietrangelo you’re going to be disappointed. Pietrangelo was nearly flawless defensively his entire OHL career and had that offensive game to go with it. Bouchard doesn’t have near the defensive ability that Pietrangelo had at that age.
I think Dobson is probably the closest to Pietrangelo. Although, for him to hit it, a lot has to go right.

Maybe not as good a skater, but you are probably hoping for something like John Carlson with Bouchard as his upside.

Reactions: 1972

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Rank these 3 in your draft order

Hughes
Bouchard
Dobson.

And also your NHL comparables for them. Thanks.

I would have them ranked in this order, based on the order in which they will be drafted, and the level of NHL success:

Hughes
Bouchard
Dobson

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
I have them ranked Dobson, Hughes and then Bouchard for the draft... as far as future NHL success goes, I can easily see any of them ending up the best but I see the most bust potential with Hughes so it’s a bigger risk/reward.

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
Woah this kid is putting up impressive numbers. People who have seen him play, what's the 411?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->