D Erik Brannstrom (2017, 15th, VGK - Traded to OTT)

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
A player i really like. He certantly have a big upside. Talentwise he is defiantly a first rounder, but I am not sure that he will go in the 1th round since he is not a typical scout pick, there are maybe more risk involved in him then some others.

I do not think he will play in wjc 20, but wjc 18, is a good time for him to shine internationally before the draft. But yeah fun to see what he can do in some practice games at the U20 level internationally.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Excellent prospect and plays bigger than his listed size. He's checked all the blocks this far -- solid U18, solid WJEC (granted its exhibition), solid Hlinka and an outstanding Superelit season. Can play physical if he needs to be. He's a little bit like Fabbro -- hard, crisp passer on the tape and can hammer the puck. Positioning and instincts are excellent. Going to jump into lottery area for our upcoming rankings (was ranked 18th in September)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Can anyone comment on how he has looked in SHL? I've watched him a bit in SuperElit and he's really good there, but the thing I'm wondering/worried about is how his game translates to the pro game.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Can anyone comment on how he has looked in SHL? I've watched him a bit in SuperElit and he's really good there, but the thing I'm wondering/worried about is how his game translates to the pro game.

His average ice-time there is about 6 min. So can not make any conclussion on that.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
LD Erik Brannstrom - HV71, SHL (2017 Draft)

Strong offensive LHD from Sweden, looks pretty good

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
I drafted him on NHL 17, he is amazing right from the get go even with a low rating so expecting big things.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm a little surprised at where he's listed in some mock drafts. I saw a mock draft that had the Rangers drafting him in the 20's.

Is it anything besides his size? I understand he's 5'10, but its not like a 5'10 defenseman can't be a top 4 defenseman or even a top pair defenseman. In terms of hockey talent, I think he belongs in the top 5 of the draft. He's not bad defensively for someone his size and actually might be good defensively for an OFD. Offensively he's excellent, one of the best offensive defenseman in the draft. Does his size really knock him down that many spots?

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
I'm a little surprised at where he's listed in some mock drafts. I saw a mock draft that had the Rangers drafting him in the 20's.

Is it anything besides his size? I understand he's 5'10, but its not like a 5'10 defenseman can't be a top 4 defenseman or even a top pair defenseman. In terms of hockey talent, I think he belongs in the top 5 of the draft. He's not bad defensively for someone his size and actually might be good defensively for an OFD. Offensively he's excellent, one of the best offensive defenseman in the draft. Does his size really knock him down that many spots?

Yes, Vatanen for instance was a 4th rounder.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

I think size is a big issue. Also I don't see high end creativity in his game even though he moves the puck really well. He plays at a high pace but doesn't have the ability to slow things down like the best offensive D do.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its that time of month again to bump his thread.

How is he not ranked higher for most people? I really don't understand. Cale Makar is no bigger, and people aren't saying he's too short to go in the 10-20 range.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Its that time of month again to bump his thread.

How is he not ranked higher for most people? I really don't understand. Cale Makar is no bigger, and people aren't saying he's too short to go in the 10-20 range.

Best player on the ice last night against Czech in the U18 five nations. Ice was tilted every time he stepped on the ice.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Best player on the ice last night against Czech in the U18 five nations. Ice was tilted every time he stepped on the ice.

Disagree. He had lots of mistakes early, but got better as the game wore on.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Disagree. He had lots of mistakes early, but got better as the game wore on.

And i very much disagree with this, i think he was the best player in that game from the first shift to the last. The way he moves to always be available in the OZone is mesmerizing, very Ghost like in that sense.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
And i very much disagree with this, i think he was the best player in that game from the first shift to the last. The way he moves to always be available in the OZone is mesmerizing, very Ghost like in that sense.

He had plenty of turnovers early on with bad passes, forced plays etc. Definitely not the best swede in this game, perhaps the best defenseman but not player. Hugg and Lundeström were both better, probably Miketinac and Olofsson as well.

I've seen Brännström a number of times this season and this was one of the worst performances from him that I've seen, especially that 1st period.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
He had plenty of turnovers early on with bad passes, forced plays etc. Definitely not the best swede in this game, perhaps the best defenseman but not player. Hugg and Lundeström were both better, probably Miketinac and Olofsson as well.

I've seen Brännström a number of times this season and this was one of the worst performances from him that I've seen, especially that 1st period.

Guess we watched completely different games then. Agree that he got better and better as the game went on, but he was still good in the first imo.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Scored a goal today as Sweden beat Russia 3-1, wasn't there watching today though so have no idea how he played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad