RD Dennis Busby - Flint Firebirds, OHL (2018, 145th, ARI; unsigned)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Dennis had a really solid year as a 16 year old in the OHL, putting up 16 points last year, leading up to what I thought was going to be a breakout season. Instead, Dennis fractured his collarbone and was out for and extended period of time. He looked to finally make a comeback and played his first game and a half before re-fracturing it. Rotten luck for Dennis, but he'll go completely under the radar for the draft. I really have no clue if or where a team would possibly draft him, but when healthy, he's a 2nd round player for me.

Dennis Busby

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
5'11 d man with an average first year who missed the whole next year due to a reoccuring injury. I dont know the guy and wasnt able to watch him this year but it sounds as though he is in tough for the 2018 draft.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
As a 16 year old I thought he was one of the most talented defenders in the age group for Ontario. Was highly hyped coming out of midget too. Additionally, I thought he had a fantastic Hlinka camp and was probably very close to making the team. Then, as you mentioned, the injuries. Busby is a premier skater and I think has a very high ceiling. I would absolutely be telling my GM to use a later round pick on him this draft if I was an NHL scout.

Reactions: Dack and Tryamkin

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Congrats Dennis! All Flint Firebird fans are very proud of you! Keep working hard.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
What is going on with Busby this year? He has yet to appear in a game. Is this the same injury as last year or a new injury? When is he expected back in the lineup?

Broke his foot at the Coyotes camp. That was back in September and I can't recall how long he's supposed to be out.

Last year's injuries were both collarbone ones. Fractured it, came back for a game and a half, fractured it again.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Stayed healthy this season and had career highs in games, goals, assists and plus/minus this year for Flint but was not signed by the Coyotes.

Any chance he is drafted again this year as a 20-year-old?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad