D Cale Makar - UMass (Amherst), NCAA (2017, 4th, COL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
If all goes right hell be headed not to far up the highway to Edmonton come the draft. IMO Oilers can afford a bit of a gamble. Could be another Ryan Murphy, or could be Karlsson. I think you have to swing for the fences in this draft.

Anyone comparisons to Mike Green?

Yeah I highly doubt he sticks around long enough to be picked by the Oilers. This isn't a deep draft for D-Men and someone in the 10-15 range will snap him up. That is if he doesn't sneak into the top 10.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Yeah I highly doubt he sticks around long enough to be picked by the Oilers. This isn't a deep draft for D-Men and someone in the 10-15 range will snap him up. That is if he doesn't sneak into the top 10.

Hes been ranked around 12-18 range which is probably in Oilers terriority. Hes in the AJHL so I think thats a bit risky for teams. Last year Chcrychrun fell pretty hard and Fabbro was taken 17

Who knows. Itd be nice if he fell to oilers tho

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
How does he compare to Fabbro?

Looks like he's a faster skater, and better puck handler. More physical too. I'd say he's better offensively, but I think fabbro looks smarter in his own end. I've seen makar hold on to it a little too long a few times resulting in turnovers. Could be the league he's playing in causing him to be a bit bored.. but that's a strong point in fabbro's game.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Hes been ranked around 12-18 range which is probably in Oilers terriority. Hes in the AJHL so I think thats a bit risky for teams. Last year Chcrychrun fell pretty hard and Fabbro was taken 17

Who knows. Itd be nice if he fell to oilers tho

He is ranked 12-18 but he is rising steadily. Bob mentioned him in his mid season rankings as being the one player outside the top 10 scouts are looking at that could jump into the top 10. Scouts were cooling on Chychrun at this time last year while scouts are starting to fall in love with Makar. Trust me I wish he would slide a bit too I want him on the Leafs :laugh:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Dude, Where's 'Makar'?

reverse-1321036069_rowan_atkinsons_reaction_to_massahamilton_crash.gif

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
If the wings start winning a ton I honestly would like this guy. Some where around 8-14 range.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I think in a draft where it's hard to find top line talent (1st line FWD, 1st pairing D). Makar has a chance to go in the top 5 at least because he has those dynamic abilities that top pairing D have.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
dammit stop being so good. Can kiss dream of him coming to Edmonton good bye

Yeah it's pretty much a pipe dream for the Oilers at this point unless they can move up in the draft. But Dmen have been sliding in the draft the last few years and between the fact that he is in a tier 2 league and has committed to University of Amherst might scare some teams off. If they feel like he might be the kind of kid to stick in school for 3-4 years and enter the league as a free agent it might sway teams from using an early to mid 1st on him.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Makar won't go top 5. Too many teams still hold the whole "small D" mentality thing. I think it's more likely he goes around 10-15. Highest 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->