D Cale Makar - UMass (Amherst), NCAA (2017, 4th, COL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Our little yarn on Cale Makar on draft attention/pressures:

“I just push it away,†said Makar, ranked 48th in Future Considerations’ Fall ranking for the 2017 NHL Draft, and rising.

“I know it’s there. Every game I see those scouts in the stands with their books. You don’t need to get nervous. They’re going to be there every game. It’s something that I’ve become accustomed to and something I’m looking to get more used as the season continues.â€

http://futureconsiderations.ca/makar-flourishing-under-draft-pressures/

axepig

Jul 14, 2014
His team just lost to the Czechs so no more Makar in tournaments I think. He looked fantastic during the 3rd period and OT, he sniped Canada's first goal at the beginning of the third and was on the ice for the 2nd and tying goal. Had a lot of sucessful carries in the O zone and good passes. I'm sad this was the last time we get to see him this year.. (Except those who watch him in the AJHL)

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
There is a 5th place game (on Friday) and Canada West will be playing in that one against Switzerland. It won't count for anything, but if it's anything like their game from the round robin, Makar will at least be super fun to watch.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
CSS is ranking this guy ahead of household names that are bigger in size in Foote and Hague. Makar must be the real deal.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
I watched him play early last season. I don't follow the AJHL at all and knew nothing of any of the players. My buddy and I were blown away with this kid. He was far and away the best player on the ice.
Been googling his stats ever since and it doesn't surprise me how he is rising and performing.

Pav96

Nov 22, 2016
whl
bchl

ajhl
junior B

Your Out to Lunch, you compared a League where there are Several alumni that are NHL Players to junk hockey

(Colbourne, Stollery, Chad Johnson, Letestu, Benning, Hartnell, Parayko. Holden, Bourque, Fedun, Carr) All Active players playing in the Show, that played in the AJ.

Sounds like a player got Cut back in the day....

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Your Out to Lunch, you compared a League where there are Several alumni that are NHL Players to junk hockey

(Colbourne, Stollery, Chad Johnson, Letestu, Benning, Hartnell, Parayko. Holden, Bourque, Fedun, Carr) All Active players playing in the Show, that played in the AJ.

Id say the AJHL is below BCHL. Hard to compare to WHL since a ton of AJHL guys are 17/18 then go to NCAA. WHL is 17/18/19/20 year olds. WHL is better as well but hard to say how much better. AJHL regularly does have extremely good players that could be ripping it up in the WHL but stay in AJHL to be eligible for NCAA

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
The BCHL is a better league. That should not be viewed as disparaging Makar. He's a very big fish in a real small pond. Should be fun to see him in the NCAA. I think he's going to rip it up.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park

Hartnell? He was playing in the dub in his draft year.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Hartnell? He was playing in the dub in his draft year.

He never specified draft year.

Back on topic. I like this kid's style. Everyone loves a comparison and I think he shares similarities to Karlsson. My guess is he goes right around 15th in the draft just like Karlsson. This kid is hardly a guarantee but he looks like a very smart gamble.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If all goes right hell be headed not to far up the highway to Edmonton come the draft. IMO Oilers can afford a bit of a gamble. Could be another Ryan Murphy, or could be Karlsson. I think you have to swing for the fences in this draft.

Anyone comparisons to Mike Green?

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
If all goes right hell be headed not to far up the highway to Edmonton come the draft. IMO Oilers can afford a bit of a gamble. Could be another Ryan Murphy, or could be Karlsson. I think you have to swing for the fences in this draft.

Anyone comparisons to Mike Green?
Don't cross your fingers, he'll be long gone before 15th.

Reactions: MaKarter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->