Czechs Name Pre-WC Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

Maybe.Still,he was their coach for when they did turn around,i think they feel he has to be given the ball at this point because of it. Impossible to say they played as well as they did later because of Hlinka,we can't get to the truth of that so there isn't much left to go on but think he most have done some credible job with the team.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
cyclops said:
Maybe.Still,he was their coach for when they did turn around,i think they feel he has to be given the ball at this point because of it. Impossible to say they played as well as they did later because of Hlinka,we can't get to the truth of that so there isn't much left to go on but think he most have done some credible job with the team.
Ruzicka has a reputation of pushing his club players into the national side and also has a bad reput. generally around here.

We will see how he does at these WC's.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
12# Peter Bondra said:
I still think they played that good for Ivan Hlinka and not for Ruzicka's coaching skills.

Nagano 98 : Czechs 1, Canada 1 (after 60 minutes)
Salt Lake 02 : Czechs 3, Canada 3 (after 60)
World Cup 04 : Czechs 3, Canada 3 (after 60)

That's 3 ties in 3 games. And in my opinion they didn't do anything exceptionnal against Canada in last September, they just played their game, the one they've displayed since 1998.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The Great One said:
There's no Jan Bulis? Now , that's A JOKE!!!

I'm also very surprised he didin't make the cut, he was one the better players in the Extraligua this year...very disapointing :shakehead

espo*

12# Peter Bondra said:
Ruzicka has a reputation of pushing his club players into the national side and also has a bad reput. generally around here.

We will see how he does at these WC's.
The bad rep maybe over nothing considering his results.It's the only thing i want from my coach,his reputation? as long as he's not out there killing babies i would'nt let it bother me.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
cyclops said:
The bad rep maybe over nothing considering his results.It's the only thing i want from my coach,his reputation? as long as he's not out there killing babies i would'nt let it bother me.
But bad reput. comes from doing bad decisions, bad etc. As I said, this is his big tourney not affected by something tragical.

Cono

Oct 17, 2004
Turku
Tomas Vokoun is probably a weakest link of team Czech Rebublic.
He totally screwed in SM-Liiga playoffs.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
417 TO MTL said:
I'm also very surprised he didin't make the cut, he was one the better players in the Extraligua this year...very disapointing :shakehead

Lets put it this way - nice and simple. Bulis and Hlaváč - who had the better season from the two? Who had a better (and longer :) ) playoff? Sparta as a whole were tragicomic in the playoffs. They were a lousy bunch of stars without commitment and will for a win. If it was up to me I would´nt take any Sparta players except Výborný. Pilař, Havlát, Hlaváč - no thank you :madfire:

P.S: I am talking about THIS season. I am not saying that Havlát for example is a bad player. He just had no form throuhgout the season. And the WCs are not a place where to get to top form...you should be in top shape and not living out of reputation

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
Latkamaila said:
Tomas Vokoun is probably a weakest link of team Czech Rebublic.
He totally screwed in SM-Liiga playoffs.

In the last couple of years, I got pretty used to czech goalies being great on big tournaments. I felt that HaÅ¡ek, Hnilička or Čechmánek were always able to help out the team when it was most needed. I NEVER felt like this with Vokoun on the ice. That is all I wanted to say...

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
12# Peter Bondra said:
Also, why do you have Ruzicka coach? I think you have better coaches out there.

I´ll take Vůjtek over Růžička anytime. But it is not up to me. In case you don´t know ;)

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Rogalo said:
P.S: I am talking about THIS season. I am not saying that Havlát for example is a bad player. He just had no form throuhgout the season. And the WCs are not a place where to get to top form...you should be in top shape and not living out of reputation

Say that to team Canada's GM!

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Rogalo said:
In the last couple of years, I got pretty used to czech goalies being great on big tournaments. I felt that HaÅ¡ek, Hnilička or Čechmánek were always able to help out the team when it was most needed. I NEVER felt like this with Vokoun on the ice. That is all I wanted to say...
I feel the same way.

Still remember when Vokoun in a practice game before the 2004 WC's got a goal from center ice from Strbak.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
12# Peter Bondra said:
I feel the same way.

Still remember when Vokoun in a practice game before the 2004 WC's got a goal from center ice from Strbak.

The team that will likely face Finland in the Eurohockey games for the 3rd place :

Vokoun – Pilař, Fischer, Hejda, Kubina, Å légr, T. Kaberle, F. Kaberle – P. Sýkora, Jágr, Straka – Havlát, Výborný, Ručinský – Hemský, Prospal, Dvořák – Vrbata, Kotalík, Hlaváč

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->