Czechs Name Pre-WC Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Dan Galvin said:
Any chance Hudler makes the team if GR doesn't make AHL playoffs? Probably not, but I'll ask anyways.
He would have if there wouldnt be a lockout. But with the depth of the Czechs, I dont think so.

espo*

markov` said:
The Czechs the favorites of the tournament? You gotta be kidding me. They're not even close to Canada right now. Not nearly close.

Look at Canada's roster. Do you see any Jan Hejda, or Karel Pilar? Guys that aren't even able to have a regular spot in the NHL? Jagr, Hejduk, Sykora and Havlat are top end offensive talent, but Canada also have Thornton, Heatley, Nash, maybe Bertuzzi, who are all elite too. The depth at every position isn't even comparable, and while the top end talent is not so different up front, Canada is just in another league.
I think that going into a lot of tournaments......then the games start.I don't think the talent level from top guys playing in the top euro leagues is all that far off from the nhl.Over the course of a season playing the north american game on nhl rinks we'd see the cream rise to the top but on the big rinks in a short tournament those guys surprise you,even if they don't have "current nhl player" on their resume.

Every year it's usually the same thing,one or two teams with all nhl talent and darn good all nhl talent and they get outplayed or are neck and neck with these so called inferior on paper teams.

Hell, We lost to Austria or Denmark last year before we got our act together did'nt we?.It's seems like simple mathematics to me too......i look at the line-ups and see an all-nhl team,supposedely the best players in the world....and then they go out and lose to teams like Denmark or get their ass handed to them in a game by a Fin team stocked with half nhl'ers and half from their domestic league,what gives? I'm not easily fooled anymore,i've learned the hard way,they have good players over there and they play that rink and that style all year round(or at least grew up with it) and have the crowd behind them,they can beat you even when it looks like on paper they don't have a credible chance.I agree with you,when i look at the line-ups i have to say on paper from top to bottom Canada at least should be considered frontrunners.....but only on paper and they will most definately have to get their game together as a team or they will not only not win but not medal,no questions asked. But yes,on paper we look strongest from top to bottom,on the ice where the games are played? We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
1. He was good all year and is nominated for the Rookie of the Year Award (with Martin Erat and Tomas Popperle). I think they both helped each other. He was good with them, but I think he would have been good with other linemates. I didnt watch the CZE League closely though.

2. Dont know about the MVP.

3. I think he has a good chance of making the WC's, although you never know. He may, he may not.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Rocky Saginuts said:
What about the dude from the World Juniors - sorry can't remember his name. He looked like a man among boys in that tourney.
Frolik? He aint going. He is only 16/17. Too young. He would get killed playing against men.

a8thegreat

Dec 23, 2004
Hello Everyone. Just wondering if there is any english language sites for the Czech team? Any help is appreciated. thanks
john

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
markov` said:
The Czechs the favorites of the tournament? You gotta be kidding me. They're not even close to Canada right now. Not nearly close.

Look at Canada's roster. Do you see any Jan Hejda, or Karel Pilar? Guys that aren't even able to have a regular spot in the NHL? Jagr, Hejduk, Sykora and Havlat are top end offensive talent, but Canada also have Thornton, Heatley, Nash, maybe Bertuzzi, who are all elite too. The depth at every position isn't even comparable, and while the top end talent is not so different up front, Canada is just in another league.

I just don't understand how you guys can think that Canada is the favourite of this tournament!

I checked on iihf.com to see how many players haven't played this season:
Gagne, Smyth, Morrow, Marleau, Doan, Maltby, Redden, Regehr, Jovo, Draper, Brodeur, Luongo!!!
I don't know if any of them played in the AHL so I might be a little bit wrong (but I doubt)...

If you really think that a team with SO many players that haven't played hockey this season and are totally out of shape can be considerd as favourites, than :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

If you want to win the tournament and not get beaten badly by other teams you need everything to be perfect! We know how games are close even when all the players are in top shape. Do you really think that games will be close if players are out of shape??? Canadians are good but not that good. They are not supermens to win the tournament even without playing in the last 10 months.

The roster is good (the best), but it doesn't mean s*** now!
That's the reason why I just don't think that Canada is better this year than any of other big six teams.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
12# Peter Bondra said:
1. He was good all year and is nominated for the Rookie of the Year Award (with Martin Erat and Tomas Popperle). I think they both helped each other. He was good with them, but I think he would have been good with other linemates. I didnt watch the CZE League closely though.

2. Dont know about the MVP.

3. I think he has a good chance of making the WC's, although you never know. He may, he may not.

Sorry, who are you talking about here? Jan Bulis?

if so, thanks for the info

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
markov` said:
Look at Canada's roster. Do you see any Jan Hejda, or Karel Pilar? Guys that aren't even able to have a regular spot in the NHL?
Not playing in the NHL doesn't mean you can't.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
jekoh said:
Not playing in the NHL doesn't mean you can't.
Just as playing in the NHL doesn't have to mean squat in international tournaments.

No way would guys like Rob Ray, Chris Dingman etc. get to play with any highest tier world champ team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->