Czechs Name Pre-WC Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

svetovy poharu

Dec 7, 2004
Czech Republic chooses following pre-World Championship roster to represent in friendly match series against Slovakia, April 7 and 8:

Goaltenders:
Tomáš Pöpperle (Sparta Praha), Lukáš Mensator (Karlovy Vary), Miroslav Kopřiva (Kladno). (Tomas Vokoun, Milan Hnilicka and Adam Svoboda will replace for Euro Hockey Tour and World Championship in Austria).

Defence:
Tomáš Kaberle, Martin Å evc (both with Kladno), FrantiÅ¡ek Kaberle (MoDo, Sweden), Jan Hejda (CSKA Moskva, Russia), Jaroslav Å paček (Slavia Praha), Karel Pilař (Sparta Praha), FrantiÅ¡ek Ptáček (Karlovy Vary), Lukáš Poživil (Litvínov).

Forwards:
David Výborný, Jan Hlaváč, Martin Havlát, Rostislav Olesz, Tomáš Netík (all with Sparta Praha), Josef Vašíček, Lukáš Havel, Radek Dlouhý (all with Slavia Praha), Martin Ručinský (Litvínov), Martin Straka (Plzeň), Miloslav Hořava, Vítězslav Bílek (both with Kladno), David Ludvík (Znojmo).

Coaches: Vladimír Růžička, Radim Rulík, Ondřej Weissmann and Marian Jelínek.

CZE Pre World Championship exhibition schedule:

April 7...Slovakia - Czech Republic (Nitra)
April 8...Czech Republic - Slovakia (Brno)
April 12..Czech Republic - Austria (Břeclav)
April 14..Czech Republic - Austria (Znojmo)
April 22..Czech Republic - Finland (Litvínov) - Euro Hockey Tour
April 24..Finland - Czech Republic (Helsinki) - Euro Hockey Tour
April 28..Czech Republic - Canada (Prague)

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
svetovy poharu said:
Czech Republic chooses following pre-World Championship roster to represent in friendly match series against Slovakia, April 7 and 8:

Goaltenders:
Tomáš Pöpperle (Sparta Praha), Lukáš Mensator (Karlovy Vary), Miroslav Kopřiva (Kladno). (Tomas Vokoun, Milan Hnilicka and Adam Svoboda will replace for Euro Hockey Tour and World Championship in Austria).

Defence:
Tomáš Kaberle, Martin Å evc (both with Kladno), FrantiÅ¡ek Kaberle (MoDo, Sweden), Jan Hejda (CSKA Moskva, Russia), Jaroslav Å paček (Slavia Praha), Karel Pilař (Sparta Praha), FrantiÅ¡ek Ptáček (Karlovy Vary), Lukáš Poživil (Litvínov).

Forwards:
David Výborný, Jan Hlaváč, Martin Havlát, Rostislav Olesz, Tomáš Netík (all with Sparta Praha), Josef Vašíček, Lukáš Havel, Radek Dlouhý (all with Slavia Praha), Martin Ručinský (Litvínov), Martin Straka (Plzeň), Miloslav Hořava, Vítězslav Bílek (both with Kladno), David Ludvík (Znojmo).

Coaches: Vladimír Růžička, Radim Rulík, Ondřej Weissmann and Marian Jelínek.

CZE Pre World Championship exhibition schedule:

April 7...Slovakia - Czech Republic (Nitra)
April 8...Czech Republic - Slovakia (Brno)
April 12..Czech Republic - Austria (Břeclav)
April 14..Czech Republic - Austria (Znojmo)
April 22..Czech Republic - Finland (Litvínov) - Euro Hockey Tour
April 24..Finland - Czech Republic (Helsinki) - Euro Hockey Tour
April 28..Czech Republic - Canada (Prague)

I'm very happy to see Olesz on the list. Hopefully he will make the team. The forwards don't impress me that much. What about Sykora and Jagr? They won't play?

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
triggrman said:
Wow, no Martin Erat?
He's currently involved in the Czech league playoffs and therefore unavailable -- all players listed are from teams that have been knocked out.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Bonde 007 said:
G:
Tomas Vokoun

D:
Marek Zidlicky
Tomas Kaberle
Karel Pilar
Jiri Slegr
Frantisek Kaberle
Jiri Fischer
Jan Hejda
Pavel Kubina

F:
Martin Havlat
Petr Sykora
Martin Straka
David Vyborny
Martin Rucinsky
Vaclav Varada
Jaromir Jagr
Radek Dvorak
Vaclav Prospal
Milan Hejduk

:bow: :bow:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Offcourse, anything can happen, but with this roster I see Czechs as the favorites of this tournament.

espo*

TORRUS said:
Offcourse, anything can happen, but with this roster I see Czechs as the favorites of this tournament.
I thougt so too until i saw the final Canadian roster announced and have seen just what the slovaks are bringing to the dance and now i don't think so_On paper I'd say it's a three way between Czech's,Slovaks and Canada for favourites now that i look at the final rosters announced.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
cyclops said:
I thougt so too until i saw the final Canadian roster announced and have seen just what the slovaks are bringing to the dance and now i don't think so_On paper I'd say it's a three way between Czech's,Slovaks and Canada for favourites now that i look at the final rosters announced.

I would think Canada has to be considered the sole favorite, no real weaknesses on the roster, and Brodeur in net. The Czechs and Slovaks have some deficiencies (defense and goaltending respectfully).

espo*

Rabid Ranger said:
I would think Canada has to be considered the sole favorite, no real weaknesses on the roster, and Brodeur in net. The Czechs and Slovaks have some deficiencies (defense and goaltending respectfully).
Yeah,they have some weaknesses but the offense they can get going....when they get in a rythym they can back teams off for long periods of the game,if they can get a few goals up on you and feel confident they tend to make life very difficult for opposing teams and it can be hard to get back in the game with them in time.Canada does'nt appear to have any relative weknesses as you said but it's all chemistry in these short single game knock-out tournaments,i don't know if we are gonna get it.We usually always pull it together in time but every year is different.I'm happy with the team announced though.
Now if it can just get started so we can see some high caliber pro hockey.It's really been a bummer year in a lot of ways.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
12# Peter Bondra said:
We will see. He just finished playing in the finals.

Judging by his stats, he had a very good season in the Czech league, and also by his PIM, he played an agressive game, but was it more a product of playing with good linemates, Hedjuk and Mileska?

I know I read an article with some players saying he deserved to be MVP, is that accurate?

And last question, what are his chances of making the WC's team?

Thanks

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
The Czechs the favorites of the tournament? You gotta be kidding me. They're not even close to Canada right now. Not nearly close.

Look at Canada's roster. Do you see any Jan Hejda, or Karel Pilar? Guys that aren't even able to have a regular spot in the NHL? Jagr, Hejduk, Sykora and Havlat are top end offensive talent, but Canada also have Thornton, Heatley, Nash, maybe Bertuzzi, who are all elite too. The depth at every position isn't even comparable, and while the top end talent is not so different up front, Canada is just in another league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad