Czechs make final cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

destl

Jul 31, 2005
Czech Rep.
Actually Pavelec as No.3 goaltender is biggest surprise for me. I thing he's got a great first year in QMJHL and deserves more.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
cyclops said:
Pavelec is a surprise.

Last cuts show that Czech team has very good depth in net and among forwards. forward. Don´t forget Roman Psurny also didn´t make the team.
I´m still shocked that Pavelec is only No.3 because I believe he is at least better than Fiala.
I would still like to have R.Psurny and Smolenak on the team instead of Hanzal and Meidl.

espo*

czechhockeyfan said:
Last cuts show that Czech team has very good depth in net and among forwards. forward. Don´t forget Roman Psurny also didn´t make the team.
I´m still shocked that Pavelec is only No.3 because I believe he is at least better than Fiala.
I would still like to have R.Psurny and Smolenak on the team instead of Hanzal and Meidl.
Depth in nets must be pretty good to cut him.Hanzal is being brought for his size and the physical game you'll see on the small ice.I'm not sure what kind of a year he's having but from what i hear of his skill set and the fact that he's huge..............i think he's a good pick.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
cyclops said:
Depth in nets must be pretty good to cut him.Hanzal is being brought for his size and the physical game you'll see on the small ice.I'm not sure what kind of a year he's having but from what i hear of his skill set and the fact that he's huge..............i think he's a good pick.

Hanzal is so so this season. He doesn´t bring physical presence on the ice despite of his size. His skill level and hockey sense are very good though.

espo*

czechhockeyfan said:
Hanzal is so so this season. He doesn´t bring physical presence on the ice despite of his size. His skill level and hockey sense are very good though.
Thanks.it will go a long way for your team at this tourney if he decides to pick up his physical game,they'll need that from guys like him.You just know pheonix wants him doing this also.If you're 6'5 and 200 something or whatever......................you may as well use it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Mess said:
With both Pavelec and Carey Price being cut it looks like Rask was the best pick among goalies last year at the entry draft .. ;)

You're absolutely right. That explains also why in 1990 Trevor Kidd was a much better pick among goalies than a certain Martin Brodeur was.... ;)

espo*

Mess said:
With both Pavelec and Carey Price being cut it looks like Rask was the best pick among goalies last year at the entry draft .. ;)
of course!!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
whitesnake said:
You're absolutely right. That explains also why in 1990 Trevor Kidd was a much better pick among goalies than a certain Martin Brodeur was.... ;)

Actually that does help, and proves my point..

1990 NHL Entry Draft

Trevor Kidd ......... round 1 #11 overall
&
Martin Brodeur ... round 1 #20 overall
&
Felix Potvin ........ round 2 #31 overall

2005 NHL Entry Draft

Carey Price (G) .....round 1 #5 overall
&
Tuukka Rask ......round 1 #21 overall
&
Ondrej Pavelec ....round 2 #41 overall

Note : History has a way or repeating itself so here could be the next example of that ..

The expected franchise goalie went early and then the better goalie ended up being taken in the 20's because goalies are harder to project.

Thanks for your help ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad