Czech Republic: Czechs in North America (NHL, AHL, Junior)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-10-22_14-18-3.png

Top 10 so far.. pretty early. Nice to see Faksa getting some points!

21 Czechs so far and 3 goalies (Mrazek, Vejmelka and Vanecek who is killing it)
Starts coming soon should be Vladar and Rittich (Covid Protocol)

Francouz and Vrana are out with injuries

Hajek and Zboril are healthy scratches which is not good
Kaut is up but not playing very much

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Man Vejmelka is beasting it, held Washington to 1 goal and allowed nothing so far midway through the game against Carolina. It's hilarious.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Man Vejmelka is beasting it, held Washington to 1 goal and allowed nothing so far midway through the game against Carolina. It's hilarious.
I am in shock. You may end up being right about him getting the most games.

I was hoping they'd call up Korenar when the injury happened to Hutton.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Also, imagine sporting a .920 save percentage and still waiting for your first win in the NHL... ouch

upload_2021-10-31_16-37-54.png

Nice to see Necas with 2 points... every time I've looked he's playing well but points haven't been there. I think he might be one of the best Czechs in the NHL now.

lamini

Nov 30, 2011
Prostějov
Seems Raška and Galvas may play tonight…that would put us at 37 players already, 3 more than last year and still Vrana out. We may make it to 40 this year

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Seems Raška and Galvas may play tonight…that would put us at 37 players already, 3 more than last year and still Vrana out. We may make it to 40 this year
Thank you for the heads up...

I was surprised he got a game and assumed he would play 8 minutes.. I was very wrong:

upload_2022-1-11_21-31-37.png

On a related note.. Filip Kral just set a Marlies record in AHL with 4 points in 1 period.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Highest first game ice time for Chicago Dman since Keith...more than I ever imagined (TBH he wasn't among players that I thought can make it this season).
On the Olympic thread in international he was in a list of D I think will make the NHL... I just didn't think today and I never thought he'd get 6 minutes of PP time and 24 minutes in a game... ever. I do wonder if they are showcasing him for a trade? Eg. they aren't making playoffs. Will be sellers. Maybe a GM is inquiring and they wanted to show what he has? Pure guess on my part but it doesn't really make sense to me.

He did great! I hope I'm wrong. I figured about an 70% chance that one day he is a 5/6 D or a lower end Top 4 guy. Same prediction for Kral.

Shame they are both in AHL because I'd welcome both to the Olympics (along with Kempny) but they will be on AHL buses during that time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad