Czech vs. Russia, going for the Bronze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waseda

Feb 22, 2006
Sweden
What do you guys think ?.. I think the Russians are demoralized and Czech wins the brozne. I might be biased after reading the classy posts by the Czechs and the Russian whiners.but Czech looks like the most stable team to me.

I'll be drinking my Pilsner Uruquell tomorrow and pulling for the Czechs!.

Kostik

Oct 5, 2005
Waseda said:
What do you guys think ?.. I think the Russians are demoralized and Czech wins the brozne. I might be biased after reading the classy posts by the Czechs and the Russian whiners.but Czech looks like the most stable team to me.

Well i'm quite pesimist about this one. Team who will find more motivation will win.
And since Czechs didn't find motivation vs Sweden? :dunno:

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Waseda said:

Are you sayig that the Czechs are not demoralized after the loss to Sweden? :sarcasm: I have no idea what happened to the Czechs, but they played an absolutely horrible game. They played by far worse than the Russians. To be honest, I have never seen the Czechs playing so bad defensively. I just couldn't believe my eyes.

I think that it should be a fun bronze medal match though. We should see a lot of goals.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
Kostik said:
Well i'm quite pesimist about this one. Team who will find more motivation will win.
And since Czechs didn't find motivation vs Sweden? :dunno:

Hard to say if either or both of these teams show up. Neither of them was going for Bronze, and there's no off day to get their fire back. Watch out for those dirty Russians!

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Czech Your Math said:
Hard to say if either or both of these teams show up. Neither of them was going for Bronze, and there's no off day to get their fire back. Watch out for those dirty Russians!

Agreed. Watch out for those dirty Czechs!!

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
In all honesty, I dont care much at all about this match. The differance between winning and losing will be minute in my eyes. Just as well, go Russia, and best of luck to the Czechs.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I would start Bryzgalov to make ammends for past comments and ensure his participation in future events. Nabkov has lost his superhuman aura, and it really doesn't matter... he is tired as it is.

Last edited:

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Slitty said:
In all honesty, I dont care much at all about this match. The differance between winning and losing will be minute in my eyes. Just as well, go Russia, and best of luck to the Czechs.

I'll almost second that. A Bronze medal would still do. So go Russia. Go Finland. Beat the **** out of this Sweden

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Slitty said:
I would start Bryzgalov to make ammends for past comments and ensure his participation in future events. Nabkov has lost his superhuman auro, and it really doesn't matter... he is tired as it is.

Let Naby play. We still need the medal

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Kimota said:
The Russians are never good at winning bronze medals. It`s always "gold or nothing" for them. I see the Czech winning this, locking everything.

Hmm... the last Olympics, the last World Championships come to mind. However, there is certainly a gold or nothing attitude amongst Russians that prevails even the Canadian mentality of "we must win, we are the best at hockey."

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I hope the Czechs win, a medal is still a medal... And there's a saying (that isn't really true, but whatever),... sometimes it's better to win the bronze medal game than to lose in the final.

Czechs and the Russians have been the two most consistant hockey nations in the last 5 or so Olympics.

Here's to a good, tension-free game...

(if I had to bet though, I'd put my money on the Russians) :dunno:

68jagr68

Feb 2, 2006
Maine
I'd like to see Jagr win a medal, but right now I'm more interested in seeing him make it back to the States safely.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
I would imagine that it would be nicer
to finish a best-of-the-best tournament
with a win rather than a loss.

Also, an Olympic medal is a rare medal.
You have to be extremely good if you have
one, regardless of the sport.

I hope these guys find at least some spirit
and we'll have a good game.