Czech Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
czechhockeyfan said:
I know everyone has different opinion but sorry last cut looks bad. Kohler, M.Polak, Cervenka and Borovansky over Steber, Hromas and Bahensky? Smach and Tuma over Kindl? That´s unbelievable. Once again Smach over Kindl? Even Pulpan who was cut a week ago is much better player than Smach(same size).
Still very solid team.
I really like this team....any idea of the score yesterday vs Germany.

Edit: Last year they took the team with the best players....maybe these are the right players.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I really like this team....any idea of the score yesterday vs Germany.

Edit: Last year they took the team with the best players....maybe these are the right players.

I still like this team a bit but I would like this team much more with Kindl, Hromas, Steber, Pulpan and Bahensky.
It was right thing to release Vojtech Polak and Sindel earlier this month in my opinion but Kindl is much better than Smach or Tuma and Hromas or Bahensky are better suited as third or fourth-liner than Cervenka, Borovansky or Kohler. And I don´t like Michal Polak. On the other hand It´s good to see Roman Polak and Milan Hluchy making the team.

chloe

Dec 20, 2004
Kindl

czechhockeyfan said:
I still like this team a bit but I would like this team much more with Kindl, Hromas, Steber, Pulpan and Bahensky.
It was right thing to release Vojtech Polak and Sindel earlier this month in my opinion but Kindl is much better than Smach or Tuma and Hromas or Bahensky are better suited as third or fourth-liner than Cervenka, Borovansky or Kohler. And I don´t like Michal Polak. On the other hand It´s good to see Roman Polak and Milan Hluchy making the team.

Does anyone have an opinion or has anyone read a reason as to why Kindl was cut? It looks like he played in the game against Germany so maybe someone who can read Czech could let us know if there was anything mentioned about him in the write-up after the game.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Misha.cz said:
final names:

goalies:
Marek Schwarz (Vancouver, WHL), Jakub Čech (Sault Ste. Marie, OHL), Vladislav Koutský (Pardubice).

defence:
Martin Tůma (Sault Ste. Marie, OHL), Lukáš Bolf (Barrie, OHL), Martin Lojek (Brampton, OHL), Roman Polák (Kootenay, WHL), Michal GulaÅ¡i (Lethbridge, WHL), Ladislav Å míd (Liberec), Ondřej Å mach (Znojmo).

forwards
Rostislav Olesz (Sparta Praha), Jakub Petružálek, Lukáš KaÅ¡par (oba Ottawa, OHL), Petr Vrána (Halifax, QMJHL), Zbyněk Hrdel (Rimouski, QMJHL), David Krejčí (Gatineau, QMJHL), Marek Kvapil (Saginaw, OHL), Bedřich Kohler (Vítkovice), Michael Frolík, Milan Hluchý (oba Kladno), Michal Polák (Plzeň), Roman Červenka, Michal Borovanský (oba Slavia Praha).

Å ulc, Hořava, Kindl, Smoleňák, Steber, Hromas and Bahenský has been sent home

They cut Bahensky?He played well for the Czechs in the U18 WJC in Minsk earlier this year.Back to Saskatoon for Zdenek

Hugokv

Nov 19, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
chloe said:
Does anyone have an opinion or has anyone read a reason as to why Kindl was cut? It looks like he played in the game against Germany so maybe someone who can read Czech could let us know if there was anything mentioned about him in the write-up after the game.

They didn't mention a single word about how was anybody playing, just that Coach decided according to chemistry, dedication and stuff like that

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I just found in an article that the team picked Petr Vrana as their captain, Olesz and Smid are the alternates.
errrrrr............Olesz was named Captain a long time ago AFAIK. There was an article in the Sun-Sentinel (FLA newspaper) about Olesz being named Captain. He's the legit choice IMO. No other player deserves it more as Olesz is a leader and it so mature. I'd pick Smid and Vrana as alternates but Olesz as Cap.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
PanthersRule said:
errrrrr............Olesz was named Captain a long time ago AFAIK. There was an article in the Sun-Sentinel (FLA newspaper) about Olesz being named Captain. He's the legit choice IMO. No other player deserves it more as Olesz is a leader and it so mature. I'd pick Smid and Vrana as alternates but Olesz as Cap.
http://www.hokej.cz/?lng=CZ&menu=menu_0&view=clanek&id=23856

Kromě nejdůležitější tajenky jsou vyluÅ¡těny i další neznámé. V mužstvu bude deset hráčů z naÅ¡ich soutěží a třináct zahraničních posil. Kapitánem dvacítky byl jmenován Petr Vrána. "Bylo to pro mě celkem překvapení, když jsem se to od trenérů dozvěděl. Ale beru to samozřejmě jako velkou poctu," řekl útočník Halifaxu. Jeho asistenty budou Rostislav Olesz a Ladislav Å míd. S týmem pokračují tři gólmani. "Dva budou zapsáni na soupisku 25. prosince, třetí zůstane náhradníkem. O tom, kdo jím bude, rozhodneme později," přidal asistent Mojmír Trličík.

This says otherwise and is from the czech hockey site.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
chloe said:

I´m definitely going to ask Kindl´s agent(better say his co-agent) why Kindl was released when I meet with him someday in January watching game in Pardubice.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
JasonMacIsaac said:
http://www.hokej.cz/?lng=CZ&menu=menu_0&view=clanek&id=23856

Kromě nejdůležitějšÃ­ tajenky jsou vyluštěny i dalšÃ­ neznámé. V mužstvu bude deset hráčů z našich soutěžÃ­ a třináct zahraničních posil. Kapitánem dvacítky byl jmenován Petr Vrána. "Bylo to pro mě celkem překvapení, když jsem se to od trenérů dozvěděl. Ale beru to samozřejmě jako velkou poctu," řekl útočník Halifaxu. Jeho asistenty budou Rostislav Olesz a Ladislav Šmíd. S týmem pokračují tři gólmani. "Dva budou zapsáni na soupisku 25. prosince, třetí zůstane náhradníkem. O tom, kdo jím bude, rozhodneme později," přidal asistent Mojmír Trličík.

This says otherwise and is from the czech hockey site.

Looks as though you were completely right Jason in thinking Vrana deserved the captaincy more than Olesz, nice job! :handclap: Now my only question is where did Russo (Sun-Sentinel beat writer) get his source from that said the Czech team had named Olesz captain?? It didn't sound like Russo was speculating in his article and he is usually very accurate, unless maybe Olesz lost the captaincy to Vrana during camp??? :confused:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Crossbar said:
Looks as though you were completely right Jason in thinking Vrana deserved the captaincy more than Olesz, nice job! :handclap: Now my only question is where did Russo (Sun-Sentinel beat writer) get his source from that said the Czech team had named Olesz captain?? It didn't sound like Russo was speculating in his article and he is usually very accurate, unless maybe Olesz lost the captaincy to Vrana during camp??? :confused:
That may have been the camp. I was really suprised to hear Olesz was named since Petr Vrana is the Czech version of Mike Richards. His biggest qualities are hard working, leadership and playmakig.

svetovy poharu

Dec 7, 2004
Czech Republic sends players home
Cuts come just days before tournament begins

When they returned to Grand Forks after an exhibition game against Germany on Tuesday night in Warroad, Minn., the Czech Republic players learned their fate.

Seven players needed to be cut from the squad, bringing the total to 23. The Czech Republic can carry 22 players on its roster.

By Wednesday morning, the seven who were cut were at Grand Forks International Airport trying to get connections out of town.
Five were headed to Canada, where they will resume their major junior hockey careers. Two were headed home to Prague.

It was a tough team meeting after the players returned to Ralph Engelstad Arena in Grand Forks. Head coach Alois Hadamczik broke the news.
"He made some cuts, and he cut me," Czech Republic player Jan Steber said at the airport. "That happened. That's life. That's hockey."

Steber said the coach rattled off the names of the players who were cut and said thanks and goodbye. He didn't talk with the players individually.
So, while their former teammates were headed to practice Wednesday, those cut were headed to the airport. Steber held his head high.

"It was a good experience for me," Steber said of coming to the United States to compete for a position on the Czech Republic team.

Steber was heading to Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Wednesday where he plays major junior.
"It didn't go well," he said of his tryout. "I think I'm much better when I'm playing in Halifax."
Steber said the Czech Republic felt it would be easier to make final cuts in the United States because 18 of the players came from Canadian leagues and 12 traveled from the Czech Republic.

Radek Smolenak, who also was cut, was returning to Kingston, Ont., where he plays in the OHL.
"I had a great time here," he said. "And I have next year's chance again."

The 18-year-old can try out for the team again next year for the 2006 tournament.
"I like the guys on the team, so I hope that they will do good," Smolenak said.
Smolenak's goal is to get drafted in next year's NHL Entry Draft.
"That's why I'm in Canada, just for the draft," he said.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Fighter said:
I got almost an heart attack when I saw the false source of Smid been cut :mad:
I'm surprised to see Kindl get cut. This might hurt his draft chances at the top and potentially see him fall to FLA :) if there is a draft.

Also, this Frolik kid really intrigues me. Potential superstar in the future maybe. Let's hope he shows his skill at the WJC.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Brock said:
That's cause he sucks.
Not quite.

He has developed quite well over the last year. He isnt razzle dazzle but teams need big bodies who can skate and hit.

He is 6'04 210 with above average speed and he is developing a mean streak. His hands arent that bad either.

For an 8th round pick, the leafs got a player better than expected.

HalifaxHit

Dec 1, 2004
Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
La-La-Laprise said:
Not quite.

He has developed quite well over the last year. He isnt razzle dazzle but teams need big bodies who can skate and hit.

He is 6'04 210 with above average speed and he is developing a mean streak. His hands arent that bad either.

For an 8th round pick, the leafs got a player better than expected.
I agree totally, Steber was a very dissapointing in his first year but he has become a much better player. For an eigth round pick he is a pretty good player, i can see him being a player who just gets his job done at every level he plays.

leafaholix*

HalifaxHit said:
I agree totally, Steber was a very dissapointing in his first year but he has become a much better player. For an eigth round pick he is a pretty good player, i can see him being a player who just gets his job done at every level he plays.
:D

Toronto's scouting has improved tremendously... and this is another result of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->