Krystof Hrabik
Jakub Lauko

Defensemen:
Jakub Galvas
Filip Kral
Radim Salda

Goalies:
Jakub Skarek

If all the players return and you add in Dostal, Jenik, Kondelik, Zabransky and Pekar (plus depth) you have a strong team, no longer "just" a dark horse or an underdog that can surprise. It would be a team that is a legit medal contender. It's doubtful we get all Necas, Zadina and Chytil back though.

Last edited:

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Zadina wont return... to good.
Wow, you think NHL in first season? Dont know. Iam not sure whether he is strong enough along the boards and defensively. His moves reminds me bit of Kane /not saying he is even close to him/. Would be interesting to follow his development.

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
How is Czech defense expected to look? It wasn't very good this year and now Hajek won't be there. How about goaltending?

I'm assuming the offense will range from good to great depending on where Necas and Chytil play.

For some reason I've gotten invested in the Czechs the past two years. And after this year I really want them to become a medal contender because it bothers me how the quarterfinal is basically destined to be a boring round unless an underdog surprises, but if that underdog wins then it makes the semifinal and bronze medal game less enjoyable. If the Czechs can cement themselves as a "top 6" country rather than just "the 6th best" country, that would be great.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
How is Czech defense expected to look? It wasn't very good this year and now Hajek won't be there. How about goaltending?

I'm assuming the offense will range from good to great depending on where Necas and Chytil play.

For some reason I've gotten invested in the Czechs the past two years. And after this year I really want them to become a medal contender because it bothers me how the quarterfinal is basically destined to be a boring round unless an underdog surprises, but if that underdog wins then it makes the semifinal and bronze medal game less enjoyable. If the Czechs can cement themselves as a "top 6" country rather than just "the 6th best" country, that would be great.
Defense will be worse on paper, Hajek is a huge loss. Goaltending should be better, it's hard to be worse than what we had this year anyway.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Would be shocked if Chytil and Necas aren’t in the NHL. Zadina should have a good chance too.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
That's a pretty good looking team. We definitely don't get all of the big 3 back but I think Zadina is likely going to return. He's definitely one of the best Czech Forward talents in a while, but I have a feeling he plays in CHL one more year. Don't think he'll be physically and mentally ready for NHL. You never know though.
Necas has the next best chance to return. Don't think he'll be an NHL regular just yet either. I believe they will play him at least one full year in AHL first.
Zadina-Necas-Safin
Jenik-Lauko-Kaut
Teply/Raska-Kondelik-Pekar
That would be one heck of a top 9...

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Necas needs to play someplace where somebody is going to knock him on his behind. He at present is a dancing around the perimiter / avoid contact twig being allowed to play that style at Brno. I would love to see him play a season in the AHL...on his derriere all night long!

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
Just imagine everybody would be eligible :)

Lauko-Necas-Zadina
Kaut-Chytil-Safin
Hrabik-Kondelik-Machala
Kern-Hladonik-Kvasnica
+Pekar/Jenik

Kral-Galvas
Salda-Bukac
Mikyska-Kvasnicka
Zabransky

Skarek
Dostal
Vomacka

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Lauko - Necas - Kaut
Zadina - Chytil - Safin
Jenik - Kondelik - Pekar
Plasek - Hrabik - Kvasnica

Galvas - Kral
Kvasnicka - Malik
Salda - Zabransky

Skarek
Dostal
Vomacka

I made the team if everyone is available which is actually unlikely to happen. At least one of Chytil, Necas, Zadina will probably be in the NHL already. But if not, the team looks great in offense - 4 first rounders plus every forward is NHL draft worthy (there is a good chance that all of the guys will be drafted by the end of June). In reality I also think there will also be some players from 01 group (Teply, Prikryl, Peterek etc) - depends on who will shine the most next year.
Defense is once again pretty bad. Only above average D-man there is Galvas and maybe Kral. But who knows, maybe next year will be a breakout year for Zabransky and I hope someone will also come up in Extraliga.
The goaltenders are good. Skarek is a bit question mark though, he's been solid throughout the year and probably will be drafted around 3rd round or even higher but he was so bad at the WJC this year and has never actually performed in national team. If anything, Dostal is there and could be able to save the situation though.
If everyone is available, this is a team that could compete for a medal for sure. The power in the offense is just too good, it can even make up for the weaker spots in the defense. On the other hand, if there is more than one missing from the trio Chytil, Necas, Zadina (which is possible), then it's again 5-6th place team IMO.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
What are the chances of these 3 D returning, as well as Skarek? Do any of these players project as NHLers before 2019?

It's almost 100% sure that all of those guys are going to return (barring injuries etc.). Galvas is shaping up pretty good for a 5th rounder - he had a big ice time during the whole season in Extraliga among men and was good, even got to the national team for pre-WHC games. Kral is an offensive D-man projected 3rd-4th round in this draft and Salda has also a solid chance for this years draft as an overager.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
It's almost 100% sure that all of those guys are going to return (barring injuries etc.). Galvas is shaping up pretty good for a 5th rounder - he had a big ice time during the whole season in Extraliga among men and was good, even got to the national team for pre-WHC games. Kral is an offensive D-man projected 3rd-4th round in this draft and Salda has also a solid chance for this years draft as an overager.

In your opinion, how does the projected Czech D stack up to the projected D for team Slovakia at the upcoming WJC? Are they on the same level (on paper) or not?

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
In your opinion, how does the projected Czech D stack up to the projected D for team Slovakia at the upcoming WJC? Are they on the same level (on paper) or not?

Ohh, I'm sorry but I actually have no idea about the Slovakian D...

Reactions: Wings4Life

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
My projections

Czech Republic:
Martin Hugo Has
Dalimil Mikyska
Libor Zabransky
Jakub Galvas
Radim Salda
Jan Bednar
Filip Kral

Slovakia:
Martin Fehervary
Marek Korencik
Samuel Knazko
Marcel Dlugos
Michal Pupak
Martin Bucko
Michal Ivan

Czechs are slightly better on the blue line, but that Slovak blue line is probably the best one theyve had in a while.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
My projections

Czech Republic:
Martin Hugo Has
Dalimil Mikyska
Libor Zabransky
Jakub Galvas
Radim Salda
Jan Bednar
Filip Kral

Slovakia:
Martin Fehervary
Marek Korencik
Samuel Knazko
Marcel Dlugos
Michal Pupak
Martin Bucko
Michal Ivan

Czechs are slightly better on the blue line, but that Slovak blue line is probably the best one theyve had in a while.
Would love to see Hugo Has.. what a talent... But yes czechs have a slight edge..

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
The Rangers and Wings are going to suck this year. As a Ranger fan I really hope we send Chytil to the WJC even if he does turn out to be an impact player in the NHL this season.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad