Rumor: Custance: "more than one team" interest in Jakub Kindl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
The most exciting Red Wings transactions over the past few years have been when Holland's able to dump a contract.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Lol why didn't they claim him on waivers then? Especially Florida that has plenty of cap space.

Retained salary? Though it's not like he's signed for 8 years at $4M per. Short term and not an overly terrible cost. Is $1M retained for teams not at the cap gonna really be a big deal? I guess it was.

It probably does say something though, that teams are interested in the player but that it seems like the contract is the thing keeping them away. Holland pretty obviously overpaid.

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
better to keep him then

If it's just salary retention, what downside is there? Kindl just isn't making the squad. Two coaches, numerous chances. Whether he deserves to be on the team or not he's just not someone the coaches trust. Clear up *some* salary and open another spot on your 50 man roster. I don't see the downside.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Retained salary? Though it's not like he's signed for 8 years at $4M per. Short term and not an overly terrible cost. Is $1M retained for teams not at the cap gonna really be a big deal? I guess it was.

It probably does say something though, that teams are interested in the player but that it seems like the contract is the thing keeping them away. Holland pretty obviously overpaid.

Agree we can all agree that Holland definitely way over paid on Kindls contract but at the time he did sign it he was having a pretty good year. But i would've said at the most even then that Kindl maybe at best was worth around $1.6M per had that happen he's most likely playing elsewhere right now.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
hopefully they can get out of Kindl retaining less $ than it would cost to keep him on the cap. That would make it worth it, or close to it. Also hoping they can swing a useful piece in return in some way.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I'm guessing the swap will be Kindl + AHL cap hit retained (or around that) this year in exchange for a late round pick. So the Wings don't get cap relief this season, but they get it next season (along with a pick), and the Panthers get a depth guy for dirt cheap to help in the playoff run.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
I'm guessing the swap will be Kindl + AHL cap hit retained (or around that) this year in exchange for a late round pick. So the Wings don't get cap relief this season, but they get it next season (along with a pick), and the Panthers get a depth guy for dirt cheap to help in the playoff run.
You can't do that. You can only retain an equal percentage over the life of the contract.

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
I hear we are going to get a guy named future considerations, anything know anything about him?:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->