Curious Leaf fan looking for some info

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Just wondering what you guys have heard about Getzlaf resigning this year or what kind of asking price he has also if the Ducks are to trade him what kind of return are they expecting? No I am not trying to troll you guys or kick the beehive I actually like your team and I can say that honestly since you are in the west lol. So just wondering about that also do you guys prefer to keep Perry or Getzlaf of course both is preferred but if you had to choose...
Thanks for indulging me and inb4Leafssuckyouwillnevergetgetzlaf lol.

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
If I had to choose, Id take Getzlaf. But its irrellivant because...

Getzlaf and Perry will sign with the Leafs.
Ryan and Fowler will demand trades to said Leafs.
Selanne and Koivu will both retire and then unretire to play with the Leafs.

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
Just wondering what you guys have heard about Getzlaf resigning this year or what kind of asking price he has also if the Ducks are to trade him what kind of return are they expecting? No I am not trying to troll you guys or kick the beehive I actually like your team and I can say that honestly since you are in the west lol. So just wondering about that also do you guys prefer to keep Perry or Getzlaf of course both is preferred but if you had to choose...

To be perfectly honest, I feel the leafs have no chance getting Getz. The consensus is he wants to stay in Cali because of his new fam. The only way a trade would occur would be a massive over payment by a team as well. Would have to get a proven number 1 center plus others at the bare minimum. This would be the same for Perry.

I strongly believe that the leafs have no where near the assets to accommodate such a trade.

Getz would be the preferred out of the two I think if one had to choose though since a number 1 center is more valuable than a right winger. My opinion of course

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

yeah yeah yeah, but just between you and me. who you really want is winnik :nod:

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
To be perfectly honest, I feel the leafs have no chance getting Getz. The consensus is he wants to stay in Cali because of his new fam. The only way a trade would occur would be a massive over payment by a team as well. Would have to get a proven number 1 center plus others at the bare minimum. This would be the same for Perry.

I strongly believe that the leafs have no where near the assets to accommodate such a trade.

Getz would be the preferred out of the two I think if one had to choose though since a number 1 center is more valuable than a right winger. My opinion of course

I mostly agree with this statement I think the only way we could is if he does somehow make it to free agency. The only thing I could think of was if he wasn't planning on resigning or if we included Phaneuf+more and retaining some of his salary. My honest hope is that he stays there for the playoff run assuming you make it then tries to get more money out of you guys or chooses to go to free agency to try and make a big payday since we have a lot of money to spend this off season. How well did he get along with Carlyle anyways maybe that could play a factor if he doesn't resign before July 1st.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I don't know how it was in the beginning with RC, but when he left, it seemed like Getz was packing his bags for him. I remember the interviews after RC was fired. Selanne was pissed, and Ryan, perry, and Getz seemed thrilled.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I don't know how it was in the beginning with RC, but when he left, it seemed like Getz was packing his bags for him. I remember the interviews after RC was fired. Selanne was pissed, and Ryan, perry, and Getz seemed thrilled.

I dont think Perry, Getz or Ryan will EVER choose to play for Carlyle again so unless the coach changes dont plan on any of them going to Toronto.

They sure seemed to be appreciative of the coaching change last year based on their comments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad