Cup’s Early 7 Round Mock Draft. (sign up post)

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Cup’s Early 7 Round Mock Draft.

*** Please be sure to read the below entirely as it is very important we all understand the rules.***

The Rules:

Each GM has 24 hours to select or their turn will be taken for them based on a three post consensus pick conducted by other GM’s. If you know that you will be unable to pick send your pick to the GM just ahead of you or the GM just after you or myself.

Trades are allowed. Make them as realistic as possible or suffer the wrath of fellow GM’s criticisms.

The draft order will be based on the NHL standings from a date to be decided (hopefully March 1st at 8 am est) as soon as the mock is ready to go and all GM’s spots are filled.

Participation Stipulations (Very Important):

You must frequent this message board at least twice a day, if you can’t commit to that, please do not sign up. Most mocks take up to two months to complete and there is nothing worse than having to take over for half the GM’s after the third round because they drop out.

One team per poster allowed based on first come first served and team loyalties. (Example “If a poster with an Ottawa Senators loyalty wants LA Kings and then a poster with LA Kings loyalties wants the Kings, I will give the team to the L.A. fan in most cases)

All mock draft GM’s must have HF’s Private Messaging turned on and their inbox/outbox emptied so you can be contacted. Since this mock will have trades it is very important to communicate with other GM’s via private messages as well as being able to notify the next GM that it is his turn to select in the draft.

Anaheim - chaosrevolver
Atlanta - WpgKings13
Boston - nanzenkills
Buffalo – Jimmi Jenkins
Calgary - Tilley_
Carolina – Hockey Temper
Chicago – ReLyT
Columbus - Fan.At
Colorado - Anderson8
Dallas - SchwenningerWildWing
Detroit – Cup
Edmonton - Mr Bugg
Florida - fong p88
Los Angeles - LeftKinger
Minnesota – The Slave
Montreal – Duff88
Nashville – al3x
New Jersey - OilerOlli
New York Islanders - BatesIsMyHero17
New York Rangers - Draft Guru
Ottawa - filly_canadiens
Philadelphia – turnbuckle
Phoenix - Chootoi
Pittsburgh - SomeDude
San Jose – X-SHARKIE
St.Louis – Prussian_Blue
Tampa Bay – Z-Diddy
Toronto – Kowalchuk
Vancouver – Hedberg
Washington – ididitlangway

I will make a new thread for drafting when we are ready.

Last edited:

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Fan.At said:
cup, please sign me up for the blue jackets :)

I'm usually here every day, but i'm from austria, so the time difference is rather big. might take me a while to post my pick when i'm asleep.

if you are not ok with that, feel free to reject my application.

tony

If there is someone who can commit to being here more than our buddy Tony then sign up or Tony gets the Bluejackets.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'll take Washington, unless another Caps fans wants to do it.

I'm signed up for Washington in PB's later mock draft, so I'll opt out if another Caps poster wants in this time around.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Both yourself and Montreal Russians are not "fans" of the two teams you have requested so for that reason, I will wait to see if a fan of either Chicago or Florida shows up and wants to represent their team.

Not to be a pain or try to start anything, but cedouimet appears to be a montreal fan rather then pittsburgh. I'd love to take the Pens, but if not I'll fill in for any teams if other GMs can't be found.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Not to be a pain or try to start anything, but cedouimet appears to be a montreal fan rather then pittsburgh. I'd love to take the Pens, but if not I'll fill in for any teams if other GMs can't be found.

You are correct SomeDude and if it is too be fair for everyone then everyone must be held to the same standard. cedouimet, if you would like to comment on the matter.

fong p88

Jul 24, 2006
Saskatchewan
Both yourself and Montreal Russians are not "fans" of the two teams you have requested so for that reason, I will wait to see if a fan of either Chicago or Florida shows up and wants to represent their team.

my favorite teams are:
1. Oilers - Fan.At
2. Kings - Left Kinger
3. Panthes - ????
4. Bruins - ????

So since my top two choices are taken i personally think that I should be allowed to go for my third choice, as should Montreal Russians as he is likely in a similar situation, I understand that people who are fans of their teams should be allowed to take their teams but If someone else likes florida and another person likes Boston than my list is pretty much done because someone else most certainly will have the reamaing 26 teams higher on their list

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
So since my top two choices are taken i personally think that I should be allowed to go for my third choice, as should Montreal Russians as he is likely in a similar situation, I understand that people who are fans of their teams should be allowed to take their teams but If someone else likes florida and another person likes Boston than my list is pretty much done because someone else most certainly will have the reamaing 26 teams higher on their list

I could be mistaken, but I think the point of having the GM's be fans of their respective teams is that it will make it more realistic as those who are "true" fans of the team should have a better understanding of the teams needs and such then a casual fan of the team.

fong p88

Jul 24, 2006
Saskatchewan
I could be mistaken, but I think the point of having the GM's be fans of their respective teams is that it will make it more realistic as those who are "true" fans of the team should have a better understanding of the teams needs and such then a casual fan of the team.

I understand that but if I can't have my top team because it is already chosen why should I be penalized from taking another team... I do know a lot about the Panthers and the Bruins, I might even know more than people who favor one of those teams

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
I will put you all down (those of you who are picking teams whom you are not a first allegiance fan of) but as per the rules, and as someone elluded too, that a fan of the team knows the teams needs and drafting stratagies better than just the casual fan. With that all said, if a true fan wants to take the reins of one of these teams, that poster would then get control as per the stipulated rules.

I hope this doesn't rub some the wrong way but it was stipulated in the original rules.

Sorry to the below posters...
cedouimet
seadog
Montreal Russians
Jimmi Jenkins

If you want to put your names into the mix for other teams you can be on stand by(*) as fong p88 is with Flordia. If no fan of these teams come forward and take control by February 23rd 5pm est then these teams will be yours. Does this sound fair?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad