:eek::eek::eek::eek:i to St. Cloud State

Whynks

Dec 8, 2005
Hopefully it works out and he can play this year. Him and Nodl would look pretty good together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Here's an article confirming it:
SCSU gets commitment from Swiss forward

Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i, a left wing from Dubendorf, Switzerland, has committed to the St. Cloud State men’s hockey team for this fall, presuming he can negotiate all the paperwork for the NCAA Clearinghouse in time.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:i, who is 6 feet tall and weighs 183 pounds, turned 18 on July 4. He had been considering SCSU and Clarkson as schools for which he wanted to play in coming to the United States to further his hockey career.

In the event he doesn’t join the Huskies this fall, he is on the protected list for the USHL’s Chicago Steel, which would give him a place to play with Huskies recruit Drew Leblanc.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Anyways..surprised he came over. I remember reading in the THN draft preview that they worried if he'd ever consider coming over..

Then here he is the season after he gets drafted.

Last edited by a moderator:

ELab2

Apr 9, 2007
Atlantic City
He's got a rep for being a selfish player with a bad attitude. I hope that doesn't rub off on Nodl because he's looking really good right now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's got a rep for being a selfish player with a bad attitude. I hope that doesn't rub off on Nodl because he's looking really good right now.

Well, Nodl wants to work on his play without the puck, so it might benefit him :sarcasm:

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
St. Cloud State's official position is: WOO HOO!!

Despite the fact that the 2007 roster is already too full, the loss of Andrew Gordon to the Caps was going to sting for the Huskies. Most would agree that the offensive players coming in might be enough to cover, but probably would not exceed last season. Whereas the defense was DEFINATELY going to be down. Now, it's looking like the offense could increase from last season, meaning that SCSU has a good chance of contending once again.

It's all a gamble, of course. :eek::eek::eek::eek:i will have to adjust to WCHA style hockey, which is regarded as the most physical in the NCAA. Since the knock on Luca is that he avoids the check, I'm sure the Lightning are happy to have him learn it in St. Cloud for free rather than pay him to get disgruntled in the AHL. Time will tell.

For the NHL only followers, here are SCSU's draft picks...

F - Andreas Nodl (39th Philadelphia)
F - Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i (75th Tampa Bay)
F - Aaron Marvin (89th Calgary)
G - Jase Weslosky (108th Islanders)
G - Dan Dunn (154th Washington)
F - Nick Oslund (191st Detroit)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->