csb final rankings

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
What are you trying to do Lalaprise? Perron is where he should be, he has one of the best skillset in this draft year and his hockey sense is NHL caliber. I think he played pretty well defensively and finished 4th in the QJMHL with a +37 rating. In the playoffs right now, he's freaking dominant.

What do you want more?

I'm finally not the only one who can see talent apparently. I'm so pleased with this ranking because it proves what I've been saying all year long, the guy is something special.

And Lalaprise, who are you to talk about Perron like that, I've seen him over 25 times this year. How many times have you seen him? You can't base your judgment on 5-6 games.

I usually dont have a beef with rankings but this quote from a scout about Perron had me shaking my head...

"Perron has been unbelievable,” says Bordeleau. “I've seen him most of the time on the road and he's been dominant. Plus, he is very good defensively.

OK...I agree hes been unbelievable and hes rising for me, but he is by no means good defensivly...if anything thats a huge glaring weakness for him...

Last edited:

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Will the PDF-type format of the list be released on their website or anywhere else today? Or is this the consensus: that this article will be it for the next few days?

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
Were the final rankings completed prior to the World U18s? Agent information and stats for individual players would seem to indicate so.

OilerOlli*

Wow, the csb ranking surprises me even more than the redline top 10 :amazed:
Voracek 7th, Couture 19th, Shattenkirk 32th, Ellerby 4th?
Amazing...where can I find that list?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
What are you trying to do Lalaprise? Perron is where he should be, he has one of the best skillset in this draft year and his hockey sense is NHL caliber. I think he played pretty well defensively and finished 4th in the QJMHL with a +37 rating. In the playoffs right now, he's freaking dominant.

What do you want more?

I'm finally not the only one who can see talent apparently. I'm so pleased with this ranking because it proves what I've been saying all year long, the guy is something special.

And Lalaprise, who are you to talk about Perron like that, I've seen him over 25 times this year. How many times have you seen him? You can't base your judgment on 5-6 games.

If you read my post over again I made no mention of Perron's ranking...i was talking about the quote from an NHL scout.

I guess the debate is over since youve seen Perron play more...:help: :sarcasm:

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
It's not only the fact that I've seen him more, 1 game is often enough for a good scout to evaluate a player's abilities but before saying he's not good defensively, maybe you should think of seeing him on a more regular basis, because Perron is really not that bad defensively.

Nothing against your hockey knowledge, I know your someone competent but I just don't understand why you constantly bash on him.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It's not only the fact that I've seen him more, 1 game is often enough for a good scout to evaluate a player's abilities but before saying he's not good defensively, maybe you should think of seeing him on a more regular basis, because Perron is really not that bad defensively.

Nothing against your hockey knowledge, I know your someone competent but I just don't understand why you constantly bash on him.

One game is not enough....he could have a big off night...you need to see players more than once...but thats another debate.

I dont consistantly bash on him, I didnt say his ranking was too high, i was laughing at the quote from that scout. But you seem to love Perron so you probably read half my post and decided to defend the kid before you realized what I was saying.

You can talk about all the skills Perron has, but to say hes even average defensivly is a farce, let alone "GOOD" as that scout said.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005

Wow, just noticed that he was already 06 eligible!? Same story as Trevor Lewis last year...

Jeff_Dyck_#1

Est. MMII
Apr 11, 2005
HF since 1998
1 Turris, Kyle
2 Kane, Patrick
3 Van Riemsdyk, James
4 Ellerby, Keaton
5 Alzner, Karl
6 Gagner, Sam
7 Voracek, Jakub
8 Esposito, Angelo
9 Hamill, Zach
10 Perron, David
11 Mcdonagh, Ryan
12 Cross, Tommy
13 Legein, Stefan
14 Maclean, Brett
15 Tyrell, Dana
16 Pacioretty, Max
17 Blum, Jonathon
18 Ross, Nick
19 Couture, Logan
20 Moller, Oscar
21 Petrecki, Nicholas
22 Hoeffel, Mike
23 White, Patrick
24 Spaling, Nick
25 Cohen, Colby
26 Hickey, Thomas
27 Sweatt, William
28 Sutter, Brandon
29 Brennan, T.j
30 Gillies, Colton

Transported Upstater

The parody in this draft means one thing; each team will get a high ranking prospect and be happy with them. :D

In earnest, I was encouraged by reading the differences between the two scouting services because it makes for more highly regarded players than we had initially thought. It means the pack is just that much more close together and anybody picking in the Top 15 is going to get a prospect that one scouting service or the other thinks VERY highly of. To me, that's a good thing. We'll see how it plays out, but it doesn't appear as if there is going to be too much drama on draft day.

Or it will be like New York Jets fans at the NFL draft.

"With their first pick, the New York Jets select ____________ ."

Crowd: "AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad