Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think previously people had to fund their account and wait 5 business days for it to clear then be able to purchase it. Now they can just purchase immediately directly from their bank account.

I've definitely made instant purchases before (but with lower limits in the 3 digits, rising as you deposit more and go through various waiting periods) so I wonder if this was limited to certain banks or linked to a debit card or something else.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I've definitely made instant purchases before (but with lower limits in the 3 digits, rising as you deposit more and go through various waiting periods) so I wonder if this was limited to certain banks or linked to a debit card or something else.

Did you make instant purchases through credit card?

The instant purchases they announced yesterday was for all US bank accounts.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Did you make instant purchases through credit card?

The instant purchases they announced yesterday was for all US bank accounts.

Nope, through my bank. I had two sets of instant buy limits and two sets of delayed buy limits: through my bank and through CCs.

But actually, now that I'm looking it up, I think it was for debit cards and not bank accounts. To me that's basically the same thing, though I guess that's not the case for a lot of people.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'm in boys.

Well, I'm in as in I've bought some BTC from Coinbase but I'm not moving it to Bittrex to trade yet.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ether going up!!

The first part of their fork, Byzantium, will occur this Monday so I assume hopefully the hype of it will continue to raise the price this week.

Hacked reported last month that, under protocol EIP 649, ether blocks will be mined ten seconds faster than they are currently. To safeguard the integrity of the token, the new protocol will also lower the reward miners receive per block to 3 ETH from 5 ETH.

And no, there will be no silly "new coins" being formed with this fork.

Devon 3 is also in less than 3 weeks, will no doubt create some major hype and price increase during that time.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Did you guys see what's happening in Monacoin? I keep thinking it's a pump and dump but then everywhere I read it's saying it's a legitimate coin used in Japan.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Also Bitfinex will ban all US traders.

It's like a signal to buy decentralized exchange tokens.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
That news is about 4-5 months old. I think it went into effect awhile ago.
I was able to buy on Bitfinex yesterday.

And I agree. Most of us don't have anything to worry about.... until we do. The thing is, you don't see it coming until it is either too late or you have a ridiculously small window to do something about it. This could be nothing. It could be the beginning of something big (really unlikely but possible).

The point is, it is becoming more and more obvious that DEX are really the future for crypto. As of right now, there aren't any DEX that can match the order processing speed of a centralized exchange while having trading pairs that don't require a conversion token (like Waves).

I hear there is one in development that can do all of the above AND... since the SAFEnetwork was pushed out again, it has developed its own blockchain. I wonder which one that is... :sarcasm: ;)

Reactions: What the Faulk

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I was able to buy on Bitfinex yesterday.

And I agree. Most of us don't have anything to worry about.... until we do. The thing is, you don't see it coming until it is either too late or you have a ridiculously small window to do something about it. This could be nothing. It could be the beginning of something big (really unlikely but possible).

The point is, it is becoming more and more obvious that DEX are really the future for crypto. As of right now, there aren't any DEX that can match the order processing speed of a centralized exchange while having trading pairs that don't require a conversion token (like Waves).

I hear there is one in development that can do all of the above AND... since the SAFEnetwork was pushed out again, it has developed its own blockchain. I wonder which one that is... :sarcasm: ;)

Bitfinex or Bittrex?

Bitfinex closed down service with US customers back in August: https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/216/review

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Have any of you read the WTC Hardware AMA? I think I'm going to dump my LINK and COSS holdings and put most of it into WTC. And also ETP.

It really sucks because I REALLY believe LINK will be huge.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Have any of you read the WTC Hardware AMA? I think I'm going to dump my LINK and COSS holdings and put most of it into WTC. And also ETP.

No but I am taking my gains on ETP and putting it back into WTC. Thank god I found out about the Bitfinex exchange shutting to US customers.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

What is it you see in LINK? It is continuing a downtrend at the moment. Bitcoin down about 10% from its all time high. ETH down too. I'm guessing BTC goes to about 5k?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
NAV flew this morning based on speculation that an investment group was going in on it. Good thing I liquidated for various other coins because I thought the price/project was stagnating without something like this.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
What is it you see in LINK? It is continuing a downtrend at the moment. Bitcoin down about 10% from its all time high. ETH down too. I'm guessing BTC goes to about 5k?

Connecting outside resources to the blockchain, SWIFT partnership(not confirmed but SWIFT is using their tech in SIBOs), not limited to just financial payments use cases and potential to have more big corporate partnerships due to SWIFT connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->