Crosby vs the flyers (crosby is too good for this league)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don’t know about that. He led the team to a cup final early on and got swept by one of the best cup winning teams ever. The legion of doom was unstoppable and there was no cap with the flyers spending whatever it took to win. He was certainly a generational talent and extremely unique. There already is a player somewhat similar to Crosby and some people say he could be better in McDavid, not sure about that but there is certainly no player like Lindros since.

If we're talking stylistically McDavid isn't anything like Crosby. Mcdavid scores/setups plays off the rush, Crosby does/has done most of his work along the boards.

They both use skating to setup plays but with Mcdavid it's more about speed and Crosby more about agility/edgework. Crosby scores more grindy goals. Mcdavid scores more handsy goals. Sid scores a lot of deflections - Connor not so much.

I'm not really seeing the comparisons aside from the fact they're generational players. If anything, Mcdavid reminds me more of Malkin with how he goes coast to coast and beats guys 1v1 a lot.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
What I don’t get is why everyone calls mcdavid the best player in the league. I know, I know he’s number two and will be very shorty and has won the art Ross twice in his first two seasons which is ridiculous.

But if you go back in my posts I always said, I will call mcdavid the best player in the world when Crosby isn’t the reigning cup/ conn smythe winner.

No one changed that last year and until it happens there’s no way Crosby isn’t. Crosby had 89 points in the reg season and and I think 89 the year before too.

So It’s not like mcdavid has just completely owned him in that regard either.

Once someone else wins the cup and Crosby had a bad season or more of a drop off then mcdavid will be more of a clear number one.

Reactions: b in vancouver

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Maybe the Fans should stop their booing and chanting of "Crosby sucks".

Clearly doesn't have an effect on him.

Almost the definition of insanity at this point.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
What I don’t get is why everyone calls mcdavid the best player in the league. I know, I know he’s number two and will be very shorty and has won the art Ross twice in his first two seasons which is ridiculous.

But if you go back in my posts I always said, I will call mcdavid the best player in the world when Crosby isn’t the reigning cup/ conn smythe winner.

No one changed that last year and until it happens there’s no way Crosby isn’t. Crosby had 89 points in the reg season and and I think 89 the year before too.

Once someone else wins the cup and Crosby had a bad season or more of a drop off then mcdavid will be more of a clear number one.

-Mcdavid and playoffs dont go hand in hand.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003

I think it's apparent that Crosby saves himself for the playoffs nowadays. He's taken his game to a new level just like i knew he would.

I'll acknowledge Mcdavid as the best player in the world when the answer to the question "who would you take heading into a playoff series" is Mcdavid.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It’s pretty clear Crosby was pacing himself heavily, he was avoiding the net and the slot for much of the year and now he looks exactly like he did last year.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Funny how quiet he is. 4 point game, but I didn't see him except when he scored.

Past round 1 Crosby's still under PPG in his career.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He has what, 7 points?

He's like a nice piece of garlic bread, but I'd rather have the Pasta. 9 in 2 > 7 in 2. Come at me!

Not that I’m seriously engaging in this debate.. but we all know how gross Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron is/would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad