Crosby vs the flyers (crosby is too good for this league)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Crosbys nut punch > ass grab IMHO.

Nah.

First, players wear jocks and the nut punch was a quick strike, closed fist during a competitive game of hockey done out of anger.

The ass grab was clearly an open handed, lingering and affectionate squeeze, because Giroux forgot he wasn’t in the Blue Oyster anymore dancing with the Village People.

Reactions: wizmet12 and TNT87

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Sorry but I'd have to say Crosby going after a mans "jewels" on more than one occasion...SOBER...makes him the "best molester" in any series.

LOL at flyers fans trying to justify the creepy ass grab...face it, Giroux is a weirdo, he passionately grabbed another man's buttcheeks....

babylonzoo

Mar 8, 2010
Nah.

First, players wear jocks and the nut punch was a quick strike, closed fist during a competitive game of hockey done out of anger.

The ass grab was clearly an open handed, lingering and affectionate squeeze, because Giroux forgot he wasn’t in the Blue Oyster anymore dancing with the Village People.

Hahah, wonderful !

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
This rivalry and thread is golden. So much excellent banter, most of it well-meaning; I can’t wait for the series to start.

Then we have a couple clueless guys in here that aren’t even fans of the Pens of Flyers demonstrating their total, self-absorbing hate for one team or player and looking like total jack-asses :laugh:

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
LOL at flyers fans trying to justify the creepy ass grab...face it, Giroux is a weirdo, he passionately grabbed another man's buttcheeks....

Trying to justify it? All I said was going after a mans genitals on multiple occasions completely sober is far worse....neither of them are justifiable.

Of course when you do stupid stuff drunk it makes a lot more sense than if you did it stone sober. Justified? No.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
This is a different team and mature team vs the chaos of the Byslma teams. Flyers are building and still have holes. Sid really dislikes the Flyers for many reasons and don't think for one second he doesn't relish the opportunity to end their season. Pens are at a point where it really is all about cups now. Very few organizations get the that level of focus.

Wolf Larsen

Jan 10, 2017
Eh, first off not likely.

Second, the pens have been massively lucky to get Crosby and Malkin one go around and Mario and Jagr the other. Even if they did tank. I imagine Malkin going to the caps and ov going to the pens means less cups to the pens. Possibly even no cups. For example we finished last and lost the lottery for Kane who beat us in the finals and took
JVR who is no Malkin. It’s an embarrassment of riches that came to good luck.

The flyers however have had bad luck. Lindros was the next one. He certainly would have won cups with better health. One of his big injuries came in the playoffs. And we paid a **** load for him. Pronger lead us to a cup final. We traded a lot for him and likely traded Richard and carter bc of him and then his career ended. Primeau almost lead us to a cup himself and then he got a concussion.

So the pens got extremely lucky while we lost Lindros, Pronger, and Primeau to career ending concussions. I’d say things could have been at least a cup different. And usually luck evens out so i would bet it will be different in time.
I want to live in an alternate reality where Lindros is able to fulfill his potential. He was a monster with a scoring touch. We all lost out on some wonderful hockey in dealing with his debilitating injuries.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I want to live in an alternate reality where Lindros is able to fulfill his potential. He was a monster with a scoring touch. We all lost out on some wonderful hockey in dealing with his debilitating injuries.
Incredibly unique player. I remember his hockey stick looking like a twig when he was skating around.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
moving away from the off the issues of Claude Giroux, i think Crosby will be ready to go, he's had a pretty sub par season(by his standars) but his best games of the year have been against Philly this year, so this is a great series to jump start Sid.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Pace slowed down.
First part
GP: 32 G: 24 A: 32 P: 56
PPG: 1.75 GPG: 0.75
Second part
GP: 31 G: 14 A: 23 P: 37
PPG: 1.19 GPG: 0.45
Since 2010 Stamkos has better PPG 1.38 and GPG 0.85

and then he sped back up considerably........

the last 3 years he has 17 points in 11 games

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
and then he sped back up considerably........

the last 3 years he has 17 points in 11 games

like i was saying. now thats 20 points in the last 12 games against philly. stamkos has 17 points in his last 12 games against the flyers. of course thats over 5 years as well because of injuries. so again im pretty sure crosby has done more damage to the flyers recently and overall

varano

Jun 27, 2013
He's going to eat them. I expect no less than 1.7 goals a game on average over the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->