Crosby vs. Spezza *at 16* Who is better and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
kidsgrowth.com shows a male height chart. Looks like about 1.3 inches gained between 16 and 18 and 1.6 between 16 and 19. (U.S. population)

So much for my "research"!

Good effort finding a site with real data. I can't imagine it would be much different in Canada, unless there is something in the Rimouski water!

This implies average growth of about 1.5 inches, which would put Crosby right around 6'. Like I said before, this makes size a non-issue - neither positive nor negative.

With his strength on the puck and skills, everybody is going to look right past size.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
gb701 said:
Good effort finding a site with real data. I can't imagine it would be much different in Canada, unless there is something in the Rimouski water!

This implies average growth of about 1.5 inches, which would put Crosby right around 6'. Like I said before, this makes size a non-issue - neither positive nor negative.

With his strength on the puck and skills, everybody is going to look right past size.

Sure, but what's about P.M. Bouchard! They drafted him at #8, because of his size.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
FlyersFan10 said:
Just to play Devil's Advocate, let's remember that Crosby has the benefit of playing on a significantly better team than what Spezza had to work with. I'm sorry, but I don't think Crosby would have put up those great numbers on the Ice Dogs that Spezza had to play with.

Spezza played after the trade from the Ice Dogs to the Spitfires with 17 beside great mates like Ott, Gleason and wasn't able to put such great numbers like Crosby by the Oceanic now. Also with 18 wasn't he able with the best line from the OHL to put such numbers for the Bellevile Bulls.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Sure, but what's about P.M. Bouchard! They drafted him at #8, because of his size.

I am not saying size is never a factor because it obviously is - just that in the case of Crosby size will not be a factor because he is "average" not "small" or "big; and because I think that skill at his level overcomes any size prejudices anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->