Crosby vs. Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Hey, sup y'all. I'm new to these boards. What I want to know right now is who do y'all think will be a better player in the NHL, Sidney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin. In each of ur responses to this message, I want you to clearly state who is better.

I would have to say Sidney Crosby simply because I've heard lot's more about him then Ovechkin and he is doing better in the QMJHL then Ovechkin is doing in the RSL.(I am aware of the rules in the Russian Super Leage) I am really looking forward to more intelligent responses from ppl whom know more about these players as I only know a lot about the NHL itself.

Bud The Spud*

Welcome to the boards :) I can't really comment on who is better. I will decide when they play against eachother in the wjc. Threads about Crosby vs. Ovechkin are too common here, lol.

Dr_Chimera*

Thanks for reviving this topic for the umpteenth time.

I direct you to the "Search" option of hfboards. It is extremely helpful - especially to newbies. There you will find roughly 38 threads discussing Crosby and Ovechkin with many repetitions of recycled information.
http://hfboards.com/search.php?

And, just in case you are not familiar with other specifics, please familiarize yourself with the HF Boards FAQ where other helpful tips are provided.
http://www.hfboards.com/faq.php?

With this in mind, I wish you a prosperous stay here.

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
The difference is that Ovechkin is a magician with the puck and Crosby a god.

Since the beginning of the season:
Ovechkin: 30gp 9g 8a 17pts 24pim
And he is playing with player lot older than him.

Crosby: 32gp 31g 43p 74pts 36pim
Against player of 2, 3 or 4 years older than him.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
By the way, I am well aware that there are many other threads discussing who is better, Crosby or Ovechkin(thank you Dr. Chimera) but I have also discovered that a lot of these people in those threads didn't really answer the question. That's why I clearly stated that I wanted a straight answer on who is better.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ovechkin.
Producing the way he has in the second best league in the world as such a young age is unbelievable.
And of course being the most productive player since Gretzky in the WJC can't hurt.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I'd day Crosby. I've seen both play and I find that Ovechin is the type of player that will score 5 points against a weak team and be invisable against a strong team when it counts. That the assumption I took of him watching the WJC championchip last year in Halifax. He is a great player though no question about that.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Dude, why can't you just read old topics on the subject? All 150 of them.

This topic is idiotic to begin with. Anybody who has an "opinion" is full of sh*t. How do you compare two junior players of different ages - one playing in a men's league and the other playing in a junior league??? "As good as Ovechking is I would have to say Crosby is better". Is that an insightful response you were looking for?

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Bobby Orr's Knees said:
Dude, why can't you just read old topics on the subject? All 150 of them.

This topic is idiotic to begin with. Anybody who has an "opinion" is full of sh*t. How do you compare two junior players of different ages - one playing in a men's league and the other playing in a junior league??? "As good as Ovechking is I would have to say Crosby is better". Is that an insightful response you were looking for?

Well said. Add to that the fact that 99% of posters cannot say that they have seen both (or probably either) player actually perform for more than the odd videoclip or maybe a game or two. This is yet another complete waste of time and bandwidth.

but the hype machines grind on...you will be assimilated....believe....believe....the "next one"....

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
eddy said:
I'd day Crosby. I've seen both play and I find that Ovechin is the type of player that will score 5 points against a weak team and be invisable against a strong team when it counts.

Weird but I have absolutely opposite feeling about what you said.

I have noticted that Crosby doesn't always score in important games. Look at the U18 World Cup in Chech, most of his points came from the games vs weak teams, 3 games vs Chech - zero points. At remax was the same thing, he made just 3 assists in 2 games and Q lost 1 of those games but then at the next game in Q he scored 5 points if i am not mistaken.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
As for Ovechkin. At the WJC Ovechkin was 17 years old and he wasn't go to guy but he played pretty important role on the team, he brings more to the team than just points, his overall game is pretty impressive. I can tell you that practically it is Ovechkin brought to Russia the game winning goal in WJC final game.

Also little addition. Ovechkin's hat trick vs USA in robins, I think we can't say that it was a weak team and not important game. The second hattrck came vs Swiss, isn't the weakest team either (4th place in WJC 2002), although it was meaningless game the score 7-5 says opposite, noone wanted to lose that game.

At the WJC U18 he scored vs almost every team Russia played: Canada, USA, Chech, Slovakia, Switzerland but didn't score in boring meaningless game vs Kazakhstan, he was scoring in every play-off game, obviously there are no weak teams in play-offs.

Last edited:

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Okay guys, don't respond to that message anymore. When I first posted it I did not realize that the RSL contained way older players then Ovechkin and with finding that out, I now agree with what Bobby Orr's Knees and gb701 said. Comparing the 2 at this point is very stupid. Crosby is in a league with players 2 or 3 years older then him while Ovechkin is in a league with players way older then him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad