Crosby vrs Vanek vrs Spezza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Impact this year? Spezza for sure, then it's open between Crosby and Vanek, although I think Vanek is the better player I have a feeling Crosby will outscore him due to playing with great players like Mario, Palffy, Recchi, and so on.

Future? who knows, but if I must predict then Vanek will be a top line goal scorer like Hossa, Spezza will be a great top line playmaker like Jason Allison, and Crosby will be a heck of a player, I'd say he'll be a poor man's Forsberg.

Transported Upstater

This year:
Spezza
Crosby/Vanek

Future:
Crosby
Spezza
Vanek

And I think Vanek will be a star...

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Spezza is one step ahead right now of Vanek who in turn is one step ahead of Crosby at the moment.

So this year its most likely Spezza, Vanek, Crosby.

Transported Upstater

MrRuin said:
Spezza is one step ahead right now of Vanek who in turn is one step ahead of Crosby at the moment.

So this year its most likely Spezza, Vanek, Crosby.

Consider the talent around Crosby though, he may not have to deal with the same amount of attention from defenses as Vanek will with Buffalo.

Speaking of Buffalo, I want to go back to the Anchor Bar and have some wings...

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Spezza has scored 20+ goals and 50 points in the NHL already.

I don't think Spezza should be lumped in with these two, Spezza is already a bonified NHL player. The other two still must prove they are.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Crosby has the potential to be a special player.

At this point:

Spezza
Crosby
Vanek

In their career:

Toss up between Crosby and Spezza (do you guys remember the hype a la Crosby). Spezza will be a great player in the league for many years to come, but if Crosby lives true to the hype, then I will go with Crosby to have a better career.

I really haven't seen much of Vanek, so it is an uneducated guess for me to put him behind the two players that I have seen a lot of.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Jason Spezza is count it 7 months older then Thomas Vanek. I think this Vanek hype is way out of control. Yes he is very good, no question about it. But Spezza is sooooo much more proven. He oozes talent, people are going to be surprised at how much he scores this year.

KariyaIsGod*

You know, I feel bad for Crosby.

Anything he does this season will simply be chalked up as "because of his team"...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
medmed said:
god i hate these comparison threads. what's the point??

I want to see one featuring everyone versus everyone else.

Or how about <DJ Voice> "Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! My prospect vs. your prospect in a giant MUD PIT.... You pay for the whole seat but only need the edge!"</DJ Voice>

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
medmed said:

absolutly right

its either fans of the team or just unreasonable comparisons i.e heatley vs. someone i forgot but has not even proved himself yet

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
medmed said:

...,of clicking to see the thread....reading it....then posting a comment that adds nothing?

My $0.02 (probably overpriced)

All 3 are bonafide NHLers. I know that to some people if my grandmother had one shift for Aneheim and broke all her bones she wold rank ahead of both Sid and Thomas because she had at least done "something" at that level. These people really should be ignored.

It wouldn't surprise me if Spezza was top 10 in scoring this year.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sid was anywhere from top 50 to top 5 in scoring this year.

It wouldn't surprise me if Vanek was top 20 in goal scoring this year.

It would surprise me if "Grannie" won the Art Ross and I'd be totally shocked if she won the Rocket Richard (bad arthritis in the left wrist)

As I warned "overpriced" at $0.02, or about average for a comparison thread.

Transported Upstater

Crosbyfan said:
...,of clicking to see the thread....reading it....then posting a comment that adds nothing?

My $0.02 (probably overpriced)

All 3 are bonafide NHLers. I know that to some people if my grandmother had one shift for Aneheim and broke all her bones she wold rank ahead of both Sid and Thomas because she had at least done "something" at that level. These people really should be ignored.

It wouldn't surprise me if Spezza was top 10 in scoring this year.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sid was anywhere from top 50 to top 5 in scoring this year.

It wouldn't surprise me if Vanek was top 20 in goal scoring this year.

It would surprise me if "Grannie" won the Art Ross and I'd be totally shocked if she won the Rocket Richard (bad arthritis in the left wrist)

As I warned "overpriced" at $0.02, or about average for a comparison thread.

As said by Jim Carrey, impersonating Jimmy Stewart on SNL:

"NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE ELDERLY!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad