Crosby to Moncton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocus

Dec 23, 2004
I was wondering if anyone has heard this rumor?

I've heard it from two different sources(not reliable, and not from inside the organisation, so I wouldn't be supprised if it's just wishful thinking).

The story I am hearing is that the trade will be completed once Crosby returns from the worlds and can be informed of the trade in person.

There would be some cash involved.

88Nords19

Apr 7, 2003
Alma
Visit site
Doesn't make too much sense for Rimouski to trade Crosby after giving up a 2nd round pick for Scalzo. Seems more like they're going for it, therefore they'll keep him.

Jocus

Dec 23, 2004
Do they have a chance to make the play offs?

I don't follow it enough to tell, but from what I've heard, they only have one line and barely have a chance to get into the play off, let alone win the memorial cup.

I think Crosby might ask privatly for a trade to a contender, I'm sure he'd love to play with a team with 2 or 3 good lines so he doesn't always face the best defenders.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I have heard something HUGE is going down between 3 teams and Crosby is involved.

I know some details but i cant say. With a deal this HUGE it could fall through.

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
Crosby isnt going anywhere.

With 13 teams out of 16 in the playoffs... no way Rimouski wont make it.

However they are not gonna be TOP 5 in the regular season..

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
I have heard something HUGE is going down between 3 teams and Crosby is involved.

I know some details but i cant say. With a deal this HUGE it could fall through.

I guess Chicoutimi, Moncton and Rimouski, of course.

Man, I wish Chicoutimi gets Crosby.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
markov` said:
I guess Chicoutimi, Moncton and Rimouski, of course.

Man, I wish Chicoutimi gets Crosby.

Rimouski won't sacrifice this season IMO. 3 contenders won't trade their star players just for fun. The 3rd team has to be a seller.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Beatnik said:
Rimouski won't sacrifice this season IMO. 3 contenders won't trade their star players just for fun. The 3rd team has to be a seller.

Crosby will not play in the Q next year so if I was the Rimouski GM, I would trade him...but I'm just wondering what would be the price of a Crosby

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Trade him. The Oceanics aren't gonna win this year and thye are a oldish team. Crosby will most likely not be around whether the NHL is there or not. They could sooooo much for him and then would really be a powerhouse not just an offensive powerhouse. Only problem is where would he go? If i were a GM in the Q i wouldn't be lookin to land Crosby.

PEli*

La-La-Laprise said:

I haven't heard anything concrete but I've been hearing rumblings about Moncton and Chicoutimi for a few weeks. Most of the information I've heard is just speculation and heresay but it's interesting nonetheless.

Riki isn't going to win anything with the team they have now. I was left scratching my head after the Scalzo trade. They're taking steps backwards. Unless they plan on taking a run at David Tremblay, they aren't going anywhere.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Beatnik said:

They wont be sacrificing this year.

In all actuallity they will get stronger by trading him to another team :)

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
PEli said:
I haven't heard anything concrete but I've been hearing rumblings about Moncton and Chicoutimi for a few weeks. Most of the information I've heard is just speculation and heresay but it's interesting nonetheless.

Riki isn't going to win anything with the team they have now. I was left scratching my head after the Scalzo trade. They're taking steps backwards. Unless they plan on taking a run at David Tremblay, they aren't going anywhere.

The deal would make Rimouski stronger THIS year.

Also the two other teams involved are both Maritime Division teams.

PEli*

La-La-Laprise said:
The deal would make Rimouski stronger THIS year.

Also the two other teams involved are both Maritime Division teams.

Interesting. I'd trust your information before I trusted mine. Mine is different.

Jocus

Dec 23, 2004
I think Rimouski would actually get better if they received 3 or 4 average to good players in return plus a draft pick or two.

That way, they can spread the talent around.

I also wouldn't be suprised if the Irvings throw a bit of cash into it.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Jocus said:
I think Rimouski would actually get better if they received 3 or 4 average to good players in return plus a draft pick or two.

That way, they can spread the talent around.

I also wouldn't be suprised if the Irvings throw a bit of cash into it.

Cash deals arent allowed and there are stiff penalties.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Crosby87 said:
I heard today as well from a reliable source that indeed Crosby is on his way to Moncton. We'll see in the next few days.

Any names? Moncton will not give Bernier, Pineault and Crowford if they want to win so I really don't know who they could trade to get Crosby.

Maybe Bruce Graham?

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Any names? Moncton will not give Bernier, Pineault and Crowford if they want to win so I really don't know who they could trade to get Crosby.

Maybe Bruce Graham?

If Crosby goes to Moncton and Bernier does'nt end up with Rimouski i'll be really stunned.

Last edited:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I still think any of this Crosby to Moncton talk is foolishness. Unless Moncton has been talking to Sidney and is banking on him being there for next season, I would be absolutely shocked if this went through.

They are too concerned about next year and the almost certainty that they will host the Memorial Cup. They need to keep that sort of thing in mind. The most valuable long term asset this team has is Brad Marchand....and I think they're way too high on him to move him.

This talk is interesting though. It's possible that Francois Caron, who Moncton just brought back to the team two days ago, may be involved in this. I'm not familar with Rimouski's Overager situation, but perhaps he is involved with this whole thing. I will be in Moncton tomorrow night and I will try to see if they will give me any indications either way.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Repost (boards messed up the first time).

Beatnik is right that if Crosby goes to Moncton, Bernier is the centrepiece going back the other way. There has been no clouding the fact that Pouliot, Roussin, and Bernier love to play together. And, of course their play at the ADT CHallenge did nothing but demostrate their instant chemistry.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Matt MacInnis said:
Repost (boards messed up the first time).

Beatnik is right that if Crosby goes to Moncton, Bernier is the centrepiece going back the other way. There has been no clouding the fact that Pouliot, Roussin, and Bernier love to play together. And, of course their play at the ADT CHallenge did nothing but demostrate their instant chemistry.

Hmm intresting...

I really want to see Bernier play with Crosby but it seems that either way he will see an increase in production.

It's goin to be wierd to start rooting for Rimouski (being a bernier/sharks fan) after being a moncton fan for 1.5 years now.

I mostly just want what ever is the best for him.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
sharkyz15 said:
Hmm intresting...

I really want to see Bernier play with Crosby but it seems that either way he will see an increase in production.

It's goin to be wierd to start rooting for Rimouski (being a bernier/sharks fan) after being a moncton fan for 1.5 years now.

I mostly just want what ever is the best for him.

I would say that the likelihood of Bernier/Crosby playing together is next to nil.

I'd give these trade rumours a 2% chance of coming to fruition at best, and if a deal occurs, I'd give 100000000000-1 odds that Bernier is going to Rimouski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->