Crosby signs endorsement deal with Gatorade

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Timmy said:
What I don't understand is, why doesn't every player want to play in Toronto? The size of the contract wouldn't matter, because you'd make it up in endorsements.

I think under the new CBA, all UFA's will sign in T.O. for 400k in order to cash in on all the endorsements in the Hockey Center of the World.

It only makes sense.

A second-liner in NY gets buried in the sports section, but in T.O. he's closer to God than the Pope.

I think my 'Nucks would be better off relocating to T.O. to take advantage of the larger population in order to lure more and better players, too.

Come to think of it, Calgary should just be a farm team for the Leafs, so that players can finally maximize their earnings potential after their stint buried in the sticks.

I can't tell if you're arguing or just depressed...

either way though, facts are facts. more fans = more money

rwilson99

futurcorerock said:
The Habs

(but god, would that be a logjam up the middle if Crosby got drafted by the Lightning! Then again, they could trade Lecavalier, since he's a "logjam up the middle" to coach)

Nah. You put Brad on Vinny's Line. Martin St. Louis on Crosby's Line.

Throw in a little Prospal and Fedotenko and its the 2nd coming of the 80s Oilers.

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
i hate the leafs as much as the next guy but some of the stuff that is said is true
in terms of endorsements or % earned from jersey sales, wouldn't it be more succesful for the player in terms of dollars

Lanny MacDonald*

ScottyBowman said:
I have never seen any ads in the US with either of the two. The last Nike ads I remember seeing were the ones about 10 years ago with Roenick and Fedorov. So the point has been made. Nike is only advertising these players in Canada and not in the US. Crosby might be a different story.

Uh no, that would be incorrect. The Naslund/Iginla spot has run in the States. I live here, I've seen it. You must have been in union meetings at the time or something when the campaign was run.

;)

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Crosby's agent was on with Bob McCown and even he said the size and type of contract (North America, US only, Canada only, World, etc) certainly does matter on the market that the player is in as well as who the player is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad