Crosby/Ovechkin Video on the Net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'm not taking sides here, but to say that Ovechkin's better because he's playing in a men's league isn't much of an argument. Who's to say Crosby couldn't be doing just as well as Ovechkin if he was playing in the same league? Using the different leagues to compare them doesn't work.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Seachd said:
I'm not taking sides here, but to say that Ovechkin's better because he's playing in a men's league isn't much of an argument. Who's to say Crosby couldn't be doing just as well as Ovechkin if he was playing in the same league? Using the different leagues to compare them doesn't work.

FOPPA FOPPA FOPPA

At 4, you're not as physically strong as 7 when Ovechkin start..

Komisarek started at ten
Tootoo at 13.. So who care?

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
I think the central fact is that Ovechkin has proven more. That's all there is to it. Crosby has yet to prove himself internationally or against anyone but children. We'll see at the WJC.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Foppa_Rules said:
I think the central fact is that Ovechkin has proven more. That's all there is to it. Crosby has yet to prove himself internationally or against anyone but children. We'll see at the WJC.

Has he had the chance? he is 2 years younger than Ovechkin.

Let me ask you. Say Crosby gets 7 pts in 7 games at the up coming world juniors, will you think he is better than Ovechkin because Alex got 7 in 7 being a year older?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
La-La-Laprise said:
Has he had the chance? he is 2 years younger than Ovechkin.

Let me ask you. Say Crosby gets 7 pts in 7 games at the up coming world juniors, will you think he is better than Ovechkin because Alex got 7 in 7 being a year older?

there is no sense trying to even get this guy to see reason, he is blind only to one player it seems.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:

You are right. You will see.

And then can we finally move on?

target

Sep 10, 2002
nova scotia
Visit site
Zine said:
He's only had 1 chance (u-18 in august) but failed to dominate like Ovechkin did at the same age.
Your wrong! Ovechkin was 17 when he was at the U18 not 16, at 16 he was at the U17 in Manitoba. No matter what Crosby does it never enough for some people...oh well thats their problem and they look bad!

KariyaIsGod*

skatman said:
Give me 2 weeks and i will do that for you....

NO you won't. Not against quality hockey players in a game situation.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
target said:
Your wrong! Ovechkin was 17 when he was at the U18 not 16, at 16 he was at the U17 in Manitoba. No matter what Crosby does it never enough for some people...oh well thats their problem and they look bad!

No, I think Crosby is an awsome talent. The kid will be an absolute superstar. But like Foppa says, he hasn't displayed that same domination against higher level (a year older) international competition like Ovechkin has. With both players in different developmental leagues, international competition is the only way to really compare the two (if one really can).

Crosby supporters continually are saying "wait and see, he'll show how good he is at the WJC". But to make a valid argument, one must use facts -- not "wait and see". And up to this point, Crosby has not dominated (in his international appearence) the way Ovechkin always does. Those are the facts, no more no less.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Zine said:
No, I think Crosby is an awsome talent. The kid will be an absolute superstar. But like Foppa says, he hasn't displayed that same domination against higher level (a year older) international competition like Ovechkin has. With both players in different developmental leagues, international competition is the only way to really compare the two (if one really can).

Crosby supporters continually are saying "wait and see, he'll show how good he is at the WJC". But to make a valid argument, one must use facts -- not "wait and see". And up to this point, Crosby has not dominated (in his international appearence) the way Ovechkin always does. Those are the facts, no more no less.

Then do you think Crosby would benefit from playing a season in a European league (Finland or Sweden -> less language problems there) before his draft year or would it "diminish his status" too much if he wasn't able to put up reasonable numbers with plenty of ice time?

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
just come and see the way crosby play then you will shut your mouth

Crosby have great skill and the russian prospect is just another guy like Kovalchuk, so he will be a superstar but not the way Crosby will be, Crosby will be the best and he have prove it anywhere he have been since he have 8 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->