Crosby Out 2 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
mr gib said:
didn't they even sit him out for fear of violence against him ?
There was a threat last year to do that but it didn't happen.Sid wants to play,
this kid is very passionate about hockey.The people around him were getting
very frustrated and Rimouski said that he might sit out some games.There is a
"small bit "of truth in la la and moosefan's comments with respect to this(they
are too biased though).Rimouski seems to be handling the situation poorly at
times but in fairness to them the League has really messed this up.Since Feb.
of last year there has been over 10 highlight videos on national sports of cheap hits Crosby has received.I've been to some games where there were terrible cheap
shots and they didn't make the highlights so I imagine there's alot more.So
Rimouski is showing some frustration and sometimes there actions look like they are
a bit kneejerk.What else I know about Rimouski they are a pretty classy organization especially at the Junior level.

PEli*

Nobody is jealous of Rimouski. I think Q fans are just happy to have a player of this calibre in the league. I don't care where Crosby plays. As long as he's a Q player, I'm happy and proud.

Didn't see the hit. Don't care about the hit. I'll agree with La-La-Laprise on this one though. Rimouski is a disgraceful organization for this type of garbage. There's no place in the league for antics like this. Cabana deserves the suspension that he gets from unbiased league judgement. Rimouski just has to turn it into a circus all over again.

I like Crosby and all in all. I don't hate Rimouski. I like their players and their fans. Never had a problem with any of them. It's the management that makes me want to puke in my soup.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pei fan said:
This is the real reason La La and moosefan dislike Rimouski.They wanted Crosby in
Halifax.

Well yeah id want him here, 15 other Q teams would agree. I have nothing agianst Crosby, I like the kid, hes good for the area, I have never once bashed him. Just the RIM organization who are handling him with kid gloves. Say Crosby gets draft to the NHL, will his NHL team be pulling PR stunts? It is making the QMJHL look even softer then peopel perseive it to be. And worst of all its making Crosby look soft.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I'm not familiar with the alleged actions that were taken by the Rimouski management team to get the pick that drafted Crosby, but in all fairness, I think Moosehead fans are not in the best position to talk about shady deals.

Boomerang Trade.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
They need to protect this guy with some fists. It's time to trade for Cape-Bretons Robin Richards. He'll punk anyone anytime.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Matt MacInnis said:
I'm not familiar with the alleged actions that were taken by the Rimouski management team to get the pick that drafted Crosby, but in all fairness, I think Moosehead fans are not in the best position to talk about shady deals.

Boomerang Trade.

That deal was 100% legal but the rule book.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
mazmin said:
They need to protect this guy with some fists. It's time to trade for Cape-Bretons Robin Richards. He'll punk anyone anytime.
Here's a song offering to the tune of Mrs.Robinson:
Where have you gone Dave Semenko
Crosby needs you more than you could know
oh oh oh
oh oh oh ;)

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
mazmin said:
They have Neilson on the team. He's capable of pounding almost anyone. (except Cormier :))

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Matt MacInnis said:

Boomerang Trade.

What trade are you referring to?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
He is gonna have to get use to it because players are going to be taking runs like this at him all the time. Hopefully it takes him down a peg.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
nomorekids said:
What trade are you referring to?

The boomerang boys are back. After a one-year stint with the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, Francois-Pierre Guenette, Marc-Andre Bernier and Alexandre Picard have returned to familiar territory with the Halifax Mooseheads.

“It feels good to be back,†said Guenette, following a Mooseheads practice this week. “We went through a lot with the team a couple of years ago, so it’s good to be wearing the red and green jersey again.â€

Complicated trade

If you are a Mooseheads supporter, but have lived under a rock, Guenette, Bernier and Picard earned the moniker “boomerang boys†for their part in a complicated trade between Halifax and Cape Breton in January 2003.

In that deal, the highly-skilled trio were informed they would stay with the Mooseheads until the end of the 2002-03 season, but pack their bags and go to Cape Breton for the 2003-04 campaign.

And, as an added bonus, they also learned that after their season with the Eagles was finished, they would pack up their bags again and return to Halifax.

Complicated stuff, eh?

“I think it was good for me,†said Picard, of the last 18 months. “I saw what it was like to play somewhere else.

“Last year, we didn’t have such a good year in the playoffs, and I think I learned a lot from that — what not to do. I think the big thing is just to find out what the team chemistry is right from the beginning, and I think we have a great one in the dressing room right now.â€

With the Eagles, Guenette and Bernier came under fire from some Cape Breton fans who felt they weren’t always playing to their ability in the playoffs.

Cape Breton was favoured to go all the way last season, but was ousted in five games to the Chicoutimi Sagueneens in the second round. Bernier posted a goal and three assists in the playoffs. Guenette had two assists.

“We always played as hard as we could,†Bernier said. “That’s our job — to play hockey. We want to get seen by NHL scouts and all that stuff, so we’re only doing our job.

“Hockey is a team game. You can’t blame it on individuals.â€

The trio had the chance to play their former team for the first time on Sunday, when the Mooseheads paid a visit to Centre 200 in Sydney. The game turned out to be a very emotional one, with Guenette and Bernier being booed every time they touched the puck.

“We knew it was going to be really emotional, and we’re glad we went through it,†Guenette said. “But now it’s behind us and we’re focussing on the season.â€

Link: http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache...oryID=21837+boomerang+trade,+mooseheads&hl=en

There is slightly more to the article so hopefully this isn't infringing on any copyright laws. I don't think the link will work because it was a cached one that Google's webcrawler picked up. If you type in "boomerang trade, Mooseheads" into the google search box without the quotation marks, it should come up, and then hit "cached" or whatever.

Basically it was an arrangement between the two teams to loan the three players to the Screaming Eagles for the season they were expected to be strong, and then they were dealt back for when the Moosheads are supposed to be a contender.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Matt MacInnis said:
Link: http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache...oryID=21837+boomerang+trade,+mooseheads&hl=en

There is slightly more to the article so hopefully this isn't infringing on any copyright laws. I don't think the link will work because it was a cached one that Google's webcrawler picked up. If you type in "boomerang trade, Mooseheads" into the google search box without the quotation marks, it should come up, and then hit "cached" or whatever.

Basically it was an arrangement between the two teams to loan the three players to the Screaming Eagles for the season they were expected to be strong, and then they were dealt back for when the Moosheads are supposed to be a contender.

wow, adhering to the rules or not, that seems pretty shady.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
La-La-Laprise said:
He was avoiding Kevin Cormier like Cormier had a very contagious disease last weekend.
Hahaha. I just wanted to throw out his name cuz I grew up with the chap, and wanted to see if I got a response. He's as tough as nails (seen him take a long 2x4 to the noggin without a flinch) but he's not dumb... Cormier is a lunatic, born to fight. Richards on the other hand was in an offensive role not long ago (2001-2002) when we played in the MHSHA together so he needs more experience before taking on a thouroughbred heavyweight like KC.

Maybe I'll send him an e-mail and tell him he's a ***** unless he drops 'em with Cormier, maybe THEN he'll do it. HAHA

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
mazmin said:
Hahaha. I just wanted to throw out his name cuz I grew up with the chap, and wanted to see if I got a response. He's as tough as nails (seen him take a long 2x4 to the noggin without a flinch) but he's not dumb... Cormier is a lunatic, born to fight. Richards on the other hand was in an offensive role not long ago (2001-2002) when we played in the MHSHA together so he needs more experience before taking on a thouroughbred heavyweight like KC.

Maybe I'll send him an e-mail and tell him he's a ***** unless he drops 'em with Cormier, maybe THEN he'll do it. HAHA

Richards is a toughy, but he doesnt seem to be fighting much this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->