Crosby on top two lines had he been at the Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
That's not necessarily a good thing. It just means he's pretty much useless in any other role and no doubt a big reason for him not going and guys like Draper, Smyth, and Doan are making the trip.

wildone26*

Crosby is not quite good enough yet to play on the top 2 lines. I just could not see it happening. You are right he probably could not fit a 4th line role well. I could see him as the 13th forward, coming on the ice for the odd power play and penalty kill, he is a good special teams player, but then again that is probably what they have Draper for anyway.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Crosby is not suited to play on any third or fourth line. His mindset is that of a top six forward, and unless one actually believes that he is one of Canada's top six forwards today, he does not belong on the team at all.

wildone26*

Resolute said:
Crosby is not suited to play on any third or fourth line. His mindset is that of a top six forward, and unless one actually believes that he is one of Canada's top six forwards today, he does not belong on the team at all.

I agree.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Crosby will certainly be at the Worlds this year if he wants to. People just have to watch this kid play. Although 37 points in 35 games isnt quite Gretzky-like yet, he is probably on the worst team in the league and he does not get a lot of help.

I'm still pretty convinced he'll be the best player in the world someday, so I think he'll be wearing a Maple leaf soon. But its still boggling to not put him as at least a member of the taxi squad and yet Doan and Draper are going, and Bertuzzi has a couple of hot weeks and all of the sudden he's a shoo-in? Oh well that's another story.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
If Canada went with 4 equal scoring lines, instead of insisting on a checking line, I think Crosby would have made at least the taxi squad. Oh well, nobody will say a word if they win gold. If they don't, then it'll be open season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad