Crosby next year: AHL or EUROPE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
If theres no hockey next year, Crosby's lawyers and agent are going to make a case that he should not have to go back to the Q. Legally he has a contract w/ the Q.

My question is which league would be better for him to develop, playing against top prospects in the A or in a European league (which one). IMO playing europe would be the best place for him $$$$ wise and competiton wise.

Where do you think he will end up playing next year, IF NOT IN NHL or Q. I don't want to read 50 replies to he has to stay in Q. I know that, but if his lawyers/agents are successful, where do you THINK he WILL PLAY.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
trahans99 said:
If theres no hockey next year, Crosby's lawyers and agent are going to make a case that he should not have to go back to the Q. Legally he has a contract w/ the Q.

My question is which league would be better for him to develop, playing against top prospects in the A or in a European league (which one). IMO playing europe would be the best place for him $$$$ wise and competiton wise.

Where do you think he will end up playing next year, IF NOT IN NHL or Q. I don't want to read 50 replies to he has to stay in Q. I know that, but if his lawyers/agents are successful, where do you THINK he WILL PLAY.

Well he can't play in the AHL can he??

I thought if you were North American you had to be at least 20 to play in the A.

I'd assume he'd go to Europe....but let's just hope there is an NHL.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
The President of the QMJHL or GM of Rimouski (forget which one) says Crosby is contractually obligated to play for Rimouski next season if there is not draft or NHL season.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Niether. If there is no NHL he'll probably be back in the Q. Which is a shame because he's dominated at that level for two years already, time to move on.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
He's very welcome to try europe. It would be very interesting to see what kind of numbers Crosby could do in any of the better leagues.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Le Golie said:
Niether. If there is no NHL he'll probably be back in the Q. Which is a shame because he's dominated at that level for two years already, time to move on.

Did you not read my post, I said I KNOW he has to stay in the Q due to his junior contract.....

but lets assume he had his choice of Europe or AHL.... which is better for him????

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
If he came to Europe, i am sure he wouldn't want to have any kind of language barrier, so Britain looks like the only option :D

We will happily have him down here in Guildford ;)

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
if the lockout continues the RSL would be a good idea. with the nhl out of commission, the RSL is far and away the best league in the world.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Forsberg4ever said:
The President of the QMJHL or GM of Rimouski (forget which one) says Crosby is contractually obligated to play for Rimouski next season if there is not draft or NHL season.
Immediately after Gilles Courteau,the league commisioner made that statement,
Doris Labonte came out and said Sidney would most likely play in the NHL if there
was a season but if there wasn't the choice was up to him.He could play in Europe
or the Q or wherever.They would discuss it with him once the season was over.
IMO he will most likely play in Europe.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think Finland would be his best option. It's supposed to be the most similar Euro league to the NA game. Good salaries, good living conditions, good competition.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Rules can be bent, they clearly did so for Burns and Bergeron this season. I think they would definitely consider making Crosby an exception.

They care about marketing and retaining their talent, but they also care about developing. Crosby will stagnate if he's in the Q for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->