Crosby/Lottery Guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProctorSilex

Instead of wondering how it'll work... what team do you think will actually win the draft. All shots in the dark, but we'll see if anyone has better intuition over the other:

My random feeling:

San Jose Sharks

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
It'll be one of Rangers, Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, Columbus, or Carolina IMO.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Something tells me the Rangers will get him. They were bad enough last year to legitimize a top selection in a weighted draft lottery, and the league could use such a talent in the world's top media market. That reeks of impropriety, but that's how I see it.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
PepNCheese said:
It'll be one of Rangers, Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, Columbus, or Carolina IMO.

agreed. I hope its pittsburgh or Chicago, teams that actually need him. Other teams i wouldnt mind seeing him on: Minnesota Wild, Maybe carolina if next summer they go and get players to play with him...

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
I would say in the following order:
1. New York Rangers
2. Los Angeles Kings
3. Chicago Blackhawks

I got a feeling they'll have it so a big city will end up with Crosby, obviously.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
I do not believe for a second it would be rigged. In my opinion the lottery will be a weighted system. There is 10 teams or so that have a real good chance to win the lottery. Of course Rangers would be one, Flames would be another, and so.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
zetterberg40 said:
agreed. I hope its pittsburgh or Chicago, teams that actually need him. Other teams i wouldnt mind seeing him on: Minnesota Wild, Maybe carolina if next summer they go and get players to play with him...

I think teams like Washington, Pittsburgh and Chicago don't really need him as their youth is set to explode in the next few seasons. Team that I see needing him more are Carolina, Phoenix, etc. Teams that don't currently look fantastic, but don't have exceptional farm systems either.

However, if he ended up in Mtl, I wouldn't complain. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->