Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
cyclops said:
For some fans bringing up Ovechkin in a thread that has nothing to do with him is like an addict trying to quit crack in the first year or something,they just have such a struggle laying off.

yea.....like the opposite never happens :shakehead

gbl1p

Jun 19, 2003
Ottawa
www.level1productions.com
Hilarious. People saying Crosby copied Ovechkin.... I guess they think Ovechkin is the first to do this move?

I love both of these players, but the same usual suspects have to come in on this thread and make it an Ovechkin vs. Crosby debate. I mean seriously, this topic hasn't been covered enough.

Get a grip, people.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
gbl1p said:
Hilarious. People saying Crosby copied Ovechkin.... I guess they think Ovechkin is the first to do this move?

I love both of these players, but the same usual suspects have to come in on this thread and make it an Ovechkin vs. Crosby debate. I mean seriously, this topic hasn't been covered enough.

Get a grip, people.

Looks to me that the first mention of this was done by salostyle, who I dont think fits your "usual suspects" description......

espo*

Mothra said:
yea.....like the opposite never happens :shakehead
So what if it does? People lead by example don't they?The only way to stop it is not to engage in it.This thread is about Crosby's goal last night...................nowwhere in the thread is anything mentioned about Alexander Ovechkin.Why do people bother?

I guess that puts a wrap on that does'nt it? Just what was your point?

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
cyclops said:
So what if it does? People lead by example don't they?The only way to stop it is not to engage in it.This thread is about Crosby's goal last night...................nowwhere in the thread is anything mentioned about Alexander Ovechkin.Why do people bother?

I guess that puts a wrap on that does'nt it? Just what was your point?

point is....stop whinning about it, its not going to stop...always been that way, always will

like I said above....it was a generic poster that first mentioned this....and its in one of the general forums to boot

espo*

Mothra said:
point is....stop whinning about it, its not going to stop...always been that way, always will

like I said above....it was a generic poster that first mentioned this....and its in one of the general forums to boot
Nah..................i want to get rid of this foolishness.Sometimes you've gotta stand up and say cut it out.I come hear to read the thread and what people have to say about the goal..................not read about a comparison between Alexander and Sid.

If it makes you happy i will say the the opposite happens and................it should'nt.It might be a general forum but it sure as hell isn't a general thread.It's crystal clear what the thread is about,if people can read there is no excuse.

Enough is enough,it's frustrating dammit!!.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
cyclops said:
Nah..................i want to get rid of this foolishness.Sometimes you've gotta stand up and say cut it out.I come hear to read the thread and what people have to say about the goal..................not read about a comparison between Alexander and Sid.

If it makes you happy i will say the the opposite happens and................it should'nt.It might be a general forum but it sure as hell isn't a general thread.It's crystal clear what the thread is about,if people can read there is no excuse.

well.....we seem to pretty much agree...I guess it just doesnt annoy me as much.

in all fairness if the talk is about the goal last night.....its fair to bring up AO as the move, with the leg kick, was very similar to what he has done twice this season.....thats not a knock at all.....but its worth a mention. If it wasnt AO who had used the move before it wouldnt even be an issue IMO.....

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
pucks1 said:
you ever hear the fraze ( anything you can do i can do better).

My girl came home last night and started talking to me about her day durring the shoot out. So i pretend like i was listening to her. Then Crosby scored and i jumped outta my seat and ran around the house. The girl got mad and went to bed.lol

A little help, its phrase.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
cyclops said:

If the goal is an exact copy of the way Ovy scored a goal in the same situation, what do you expect? Its a valid thing to bring up, and if you don't like it, too bad.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
salostyle said:
Crosby's goal was a beaut no doubt about it, but did anyone else pick up on the uncanny resemblance to the goal Ovechkin scored in a shootout the other night?

Same leg kick (whatever that's about) and deke to the backhand go upstairs...these two are special...I know it's a Sid thread, but I couldn't hold back the comparison :yo:

On another note, I think that Sullivan`s goal (I think the third one) last night rivaled or was even better then Crosby`s goal.

Transported Upstater

I would love to be a moderator when the Alexidney Crosvechkin thread come-a-callin...

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Didn't realize Ovechkin had a patent on the "leg kick". But as long as we're on the subject of this leg kick, I saw Sid pull the same thing in a pre-season shootout...

Claypool_*

jmelm said:
Yes.

Not necessarily a "superstar" but a legitimate first line player in this league.

you're going to be seriously disapointed.

KariyaIsGod*

usiel said:
hey ovechkin scored today on brodeur...maybe I should start a thread on it....
:shakehead

Was it a game winner in a shootout against one of the league's top teams?

Go start a thread on it if you want... Your sarcasm isn't appreciated here.

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
I've only just seen it - That was a nice finish by Crosby.

That "leg kick" is certainly becoming quite a popular move.

I remember Vorobiev scoring an almost identical goal in a shootout in Colorado, earlier this season.

Hooter

Apr 27, 2005
its funny to see all these people claiming Crosby stole Ovechkins move, but nobody mentions that Vorobiev did that leg kick move back on Oct. 14th against Colorado in a shootout. So I guess Ovechkin stole that from Vorobiev, right? And Im guessing there was not one single post on Vorobievs goal.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have it on some very good sources . . . Ek something or other but can say no more . . . that Crosby did indeed send Rico Fata behind the lines to reconnoiter AO's patented moves. Rico was the natural choice for the job seeing how fast he is. Bettman by the way was told of the operation and heartily approved as . . . and I quote 'it is good for hockey to have Crosby succeed seeing how he is Canadian. Oh yeah, screwing that Ruskie AO would be fun too.'

Next up Rico is off to reconnoiter Kari Lehtonen for MAF. He is taking Roy, Odeline and Poapst along to hook or trip anyone who might be chasing him should he be discovered.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jaded-Fan said:
I have it on some very good sources . . . Ek something or other but can say no more . . . that Crosby did indeed send Rico Fata behind the lines to reconnoiter AO's patented moves. Rico was the natural choice for the job seeing how fast he is. Bettman by the way was told of the operation and heartily approved as . . . and I quote 'it is good for hockey to have Crosby succeed seeing how he is Canadian. Oh yeah, screwing that Ruskie AO would be fun too.'

Next up Rico is off to reconnoiter Kari Lehtonen for MAF. He is taking Roy, Odeline and Poapst along to hook or trip anyone who might be chasing him should he be discovered.

So they finally found a use for that schleb Rico, eh?

Can't do much in the NHL so might as well use him to spy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad