Crosby is god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
Im a fan of both Crosby and Ovechkin but the whining of certain fans does make it tough to like Ovechkin. This is just as bad if not worse than the Malkin Vs Ovechkin b!tching. Ovechkin fans feel as though they have something to prove... Especially against Pens players such as Malkin and Crosby...

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
NyQuil said:
Is it possible to talk about Crosby without bringing up Ovechkin?

I mean, honestly.

Is it possible to talk about Ovechkin without bringing up Crosby ?

I mean, honestly.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Pens1566 said:
Looked like they both popped off, one just came back down on the net.

There is only one bottle, the other blue thing is the bottle holder/sleeve.

It's interesting to note that the NHL made those sleeve things mandatory and attached them to the net - away from the cross bar because goalies were starting to place the bottle right at the inside corner of the cross bar and post to obstruct the overhead camera view. Damn goalies, they think of everything...

PatrickRoy

Oct 10, 2005
Good Old USA
I knew Crosby was gonna score and win that game.
A beautiful goal by a very talented young man. And I am not a Pens fan in any respect. But facts are facts.
The first comment my 15 yo son said having made it a point to watch every game of Crosbys and Ovechkins, was that Crosby goal was gonna be shown alot more than Ovechkins two ( and yes one was the game winner the other tied it up and Syorka brought it home) .
It is was it is folks Crosby and AO fans need to relax and enjoy the talent of these young men. Crosby is gonna be awesome. Ovechkin is gonna be awesome. They both have a great deal of passion.
Pens fans are blessed to have a player like him to bring them out of there seats, again. It's been a while.
Props to Crosby for the win for his team last night!

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
pei fan said:
Sorry buddy I have to disagree on that one .I REALLY didn't like Christensen!

First of all, your disliking of Christensen has nothing to do with whether he's developed good chemistry with Christensen.

Secondly, what is about him that you REALLY dislike so much?

Anyway, you better get used to him because he's gonna be a star in this league.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
jmelm said:
First of all, your disliking of Christensen has nothing to do with whether he's developed good chemistry with Christensen.

Secondly, what is about him that you REALLY dislike so much?

Anyway, you better get used to him because he's gonna be a star in this league.
I guess maybe I should have qualified that a little more.First of all I've only
followed the pens on Radio since he was called up so I hadn't seen him until last night but I was probably expecting big things from him from what I read on the
board.Mostly what I didn't like was having him on the powerplay.He really
botched up things trying to get set up in the Canadiens zone.He got in the
way of his teammates a couple of times and lost the puck at other times.
Generally he didn't seem to know where to be in the transition.But I guess
that can be worked on. Maybe I was to hasty I'll watch him more and decide.

As far as chemistry,I think Crosby is the type of player that makes everyone
better and Edzo knows that now and is putting him with some of the weaker players to give the team more depth.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
pucks1 said:
I noticed that to, Only diff. is Ao went 5 hole on the back hand. Crosby went top shelf.

He actually faked going five hole, and Theodore bought it big time. When he switched over to the backhand Theodore was pretty out of it, and all he had to do was get it off the ice. Pretty goal.

Oh boy i just wonder if anybody seen some of 12 Ovechkin goals so far ? I mean i can make a extra thread for 8 of hes 12 goals and i dont count the SO goals !

This thread

And some of you said that goal was amazing ? How about that : http://www.rh71.com/projects/ovechkin/vids/goal8.avi ???

That's nice, but this thread isn't about Ovechkin.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Zen Arcade said:
That's nice, but this thread isn't about Ovechkin.
? The thread title is "Crosby is god".... NOT "Crosby is a god"

The implication, given the context of the new NHL this season, is... clear!

If this thread is to be about ONLY SC then it belongs on the Penguins forum.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
VanIslander said:
? The thread title is "Crosby is god".... NOT "Crosby is a god"

The implication, given the context of the new NHL this season, is... clear!

If this thread is to be about ONLY SC then it belongs on the Penguins forum.

Obviously, the title should have been "Crosby is one of many deities, including, but not limited to Ovechkin, Lundqvist LaBarbera, Dominic Moore, Phaneuf, and Sven Butenschon."

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Does someone noticed that on that goal in shootout (can't tell for the rest of the game), Crosby's stick looks like it doesn't have any curve in it?

...but maybe I'm alone thinking that?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
LePoche69 said:
Does someone noticed that on that goal in shootout (can't tell for the rest of the game), Crosby's stick looks like it doesn't have any curve in it?

yea they've mentioned that a few times on pens broadcasts. it's better for his passing game and his backhand shot.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
LePoche69 said:

His blade has been straight on all the sticks I've seen him use this year. The announcers have made a point of it, actually.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Zen Arcade said:
His blade has been straight on all the sticks I've seen him use this year. The announcers have made a point of it, actually.

Thanks guys.

I didn't ear it anywhere, so...

It's rather interesting. And he doesn't seems to have any problem dekeing and shooting... Are we witnessing the beggining of a trend? I can easily imagine the young kids 4-5 years from now playing with stick without any curves...

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Zen Arcade said:
Obviously, the title should have been "Crosby is one of many deities, including, but not limited to Ovechkin, Lundqvist LaBarbera,...
That's what "Crosby is a god" would have implied, a god, as in: one of several.

BTW, despite the moaning and groaning of some about the new NHL, the hockey gods must be happy to see so many strong youngums.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
VanIslander said:
That's what "Crosby is a god" would have implied, a god, as in: one of several.

BTW, despite the moaning and groaning of some about the new NHL, the hockey gods must be happy to see so many strong youngums.

They are still focused on keeping down all the crow they ate on opening night. They probably don't even know what has happened since that day.

espo*

NyQuil said:
What's the title of this thread BTW?

:rolleyes:
LOL.I guess he did'nt notice.

For some fans bringing up Ovechkin in a thread that has nothing to do with him is like an addict trying to quit crack in the first year or something,they just have such a struggle laying off.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Pens1566 said:
That would be reasonable, in an OVECHKIN thread!
Ah, a jealous god !

There are many who claim to be gods, but there's only one true god, eh?

"Crosby is god."

You monotheists are so narrow minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad