Crosby in negotiations with Lugano - per TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
the_gman83 said:
This seems to me like a silly reason to be attacking Sidney Crosby's character. From what I read, Crosby didn't say or do anything.

All I see is Pat Brisson doing his job.

I agree.

I think Kovachuk made roughly $10m in bonus money,over the 3 yrs of his rookie contract.

Brisson's doing what any smart agent should be doing...trying to push the nhl,increase the rookie bonus money and get the absolute max for his client.

I just don't think Crosby wants to play in any other league except the nhl.He rejected a big WHA offer and Brisson's recently made the comment that the nhl is Crosby's priority.

Macman

May 15, 2004
CREW99AW said:
I agree.

I think Kovachuk made roughly $10m in bonus money,over the 3 yrs of his rookie contract.

Brisson's doing what any smart agent should be doing...trying to push the nhl,increase the rookie bonus money and get the absolute max for his client.

I just don't think Crosby wants to play in any other league except the nhl.He rejected a big WHA offer and Brisson's recently made the comment that the nhl is Crosby's priority.

I don't doubt that the NHL is Crosby's priority but to say he rejected a big offer from the WHA is wrong. What WHA? The "league" never had any teams.

Mystic

Feb 24, 2005
It's not really impossible that Crosby and Lugano had negociations...... I think it's right in fact.
But be sure that the 10M$ are completely irrealistic, even with boni... Let's see.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Mystic said:
It's not really impossible that Crosby and Lugano had negociations...... I think it's right in fact.
But be sure that the 10M$ are completely irrealistic, even with boni... Let's see.

As I said elsewhere here, the top player management group in the world isn't going to lie about it to the extent of actually naming the team involved. Anybody who thinks it's a total fabrication has rocks in their head. The only question is the size of the offer and whether or not Crosby is actually serious about it, which seems doubtful if the NHL resumes.

Mystic

Feb 24, 2005
What I wanna tell is that there has surely been a contact between Crosby's agent and Lugano... But nothing more, no real or precise offer! And I can't believe that Crosby's agent didn't talk to other clubs in Europe if he talked to Lugano... And forget for 10M$... in Switzerland every club has the right to put 5 import players on the ice. In Lugano, they already have Petteri Nummelin, Jukka Hentunen, Ville Peltonen, Glen Metropolit and Mike Maneluk over contract... and they're probably the best import players in Switzerland. How do you think they would react if they learnt that Crosby's coming, earning 10M$ on three years... Why would Lugano bet such a lot of money on Crosby... It's just a good advertisement!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Macman said:
I don't doubt that the NHL is Crosby's priority but to say he rejected a big offer from the WHA is wrong. What WHA? The "league" never had any teams.

If it was just a money grab for Crosby,his reps would have accepted the WHA offer.
The businessmen trying to get the league underway would have either come up with Crosby's $7m or he'd have been free to turn to other teams in other leagues (RSL,SEL,NHL).

...if Crosby's serious about getting a big deal from a european team,why isn't his agent talking with the deeper pocketed Russain teams?Kovalchuk earned $3m in the RSL.With the nhl's cba being settled,those Russian teams will have payroll $ to spend.

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
domefan said:
Did I hear lower taxes, chocolate and Shania Twain makes Switzerland her home. Where do I sign?

This kind of stereotype is ridiculous ! I almost swallowed the chocolate I was eating at the moment ! :D

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
What's the problem with the "good riddance" posters? Isn't Crosby from a free country where he can make his own decisions without being looked down upon? Isn't that the point of a free country? What's up with having other people telling him what to do (where to play), isn't that what they do in dictatures? If he wants to play in the NHL, fine, if he wants to play in Switzerland, fine, it's afterall his own life and career we're talking about here.

And sometimes people talk about Europeans coming to the NHL "because they can make more money there, so why would they want to play in Europe"? And then names like Forsberg (who's not known as being a greedy person with $$$ in his mind) is mentioned "Why would he play in Europe and make less money than in the NHL", even if he WANTS to because he's European and loves it there. But this time it's the other way around, Crosby can apparently make more money in Europe with the new CBA, but now suddenly it's not about "why wouldn't he play where he makes more money" anymore... isn't that kinda hypocritical? :shakehead

Mystic

Feb 24, 2005
so, now everything's clear... Crosby said he would play in NHL if the lock-out ends... Lugano is just a lock-out solution...

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Crosby is NOT going to Europe... They are just exploring their options what does it matter that he can only make 900,000 for the first three years when he's making a truck load from his endorsments here.

I think this is meant for the media and when things are said and done he'll be in the NHL this season (if there is one)

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
mattihp said:
Why would a swiss team gamble on someone who's never played against men o_O sounds a bit dodgy....

Are you kidding me? What reason is there not to sign him? Dominates the best Junior Hockey League in the world when he's 16 and 17 years old and has one of the most creative all-around games to come up since Lemeiux. It is not a GAMBLE to sign Crosby that comment is just absurd.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
ktownhockey said:
Are you kidding me? What reason is there not to sign him? Dominates the best Junior Hockey League in the world when he's 16 and 17 years old and has one of the most creative all-around games to come up since Lemeiux. It is not a GAMBLE to sign Crosby that comment is just absurd.
Junior. He hasn't played against men.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
mattihp said:
Junior. He hasn't played against men.

Has he had a chance to? NO! so your trying to tell me that just because he played junior hockey like pretty much every other player in the history of hockey has done when they were his age that it doesn't count for anything. Not trying to be rude, but wake up and see that this is the way contracts are negotiated. For examples you can use almost any NHL player to compare.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
ktownhockey said:
Has he had a chance to? NO! so your trying to tell me that just because he played junior hockey like pretty much every other player in the history of hockey has done when they were his age that it doesn't count for anything. Not trying to be rude, but wake up and see that this is the way contracts are negotiated. For examples you can use almost any NHL player to compare.
Why hasn't he had a chance to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->