Crosby and the hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
AgentOrange said:
Who is sick of hearing about him along with all this hype from hockey analysis, fans, players, team staff, etc etc.

I am!

Then it was an amazing idea to start a thread on him! It's defintly going to help you NOT hear and read about him.

Right?

espo*

Are any of us really sick of it if we are honest? Hell,we are people who are sitting on a keyboard most days talking about hockey and hockey prospects!!The general population does'nt do that after all.

AgentOrange*

Vlad The Impaler said:
Then it was an amazing idea to start a thread on him! It's defintly going to help you NOT hear and read about him.

Right?
Maybe I'm just sick of hearing/reading about the "hype" then. ;)

I guess you're not part of any "I hate so and so" fanclubs eh? :D

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
AgentOrange said:
Maybe I'm just sick of hearing/reading about the "hype" then. ;)

I guess you're not part of any "I hate so and so" fanclubs eh? :D

Maybe he hates the "I hate so and so fanclubs" :D

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
AgentOrange said:
Who is sick of hearing about him along with all this hype from hockey analysis, fans, players, team staff, etc etc.

I am!

Me too brother!

There's no Ovechkin mania in Russia ...

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
There's no nhl action is Crosby is actually the best player to watch in north america... That's why people talk a little bit more about him than they would usally. He's good, and we're on a prospect board. That's why there's a lot of Crosby talk. That doesn't mean he's overhyped or anything, it's just that the circumstances lead to more Crosby talk than any other prospect. Also, Crosby, while not being potentially be the best ever, is the best prospect since Mario Lemieux. Hockey changed a lot since then and it's normal that some people are debating about how productive he could have been 20 years ago. Normal stuff...

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Philip J. Fry said:
is the best prospect since Mario Lemieux

oh yeah? I still wanna see an 18-year old play like Kovalchuk ... 29 goals in 65 games

espo*

wilka91 said:
Me too brother!

There's no Ovechkin mania in Russia ...
But Russia is not Canada of course...there is Crosby mania here because we like hockey the most.....plain and simple.It's gonna happen when a kid like him from Canada comes along.

AgentOrange*

cyclops said:
But Russia is not Canada of course...there is Crosby mania here because we like hockey the most.....plain and simple.It's gonna happen when a kid like him from Canada comes along.
What about Daigle and Lindros.

There is always a next Gretzky or Lemieux every few years or less. :shakehead

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
cyclops said:

Yep. By the way I blame those Russians for the total absence of hype ... we'd like some, just a little!!!

espo*

AgentOrange said:

What about them? Regardless if they bust or not when a kid comes up in Canada that appears to be a super player you are going to get hype,that's the way it is here after all.You know that

espo*

wilka91 said:
Yep. By the way I blame those Russians for the total absence of hype ... we'd like some, just a little!!!
Well,you don't do too bad....theres a whole Ovechkin thread here up above....gets a lot of hits too!!I mean,Ovechkin is also pretty hyped here too and for good reason i'd say.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
AgentOrange said:

STOP THROWING LINDROS IN WITH DAIGLE
STOP IT
NOW
EVERYONE
:mad:

LINDROS WAS A PHENOM
HIS HEAD GOT CRACKED LIKE A COCONUT.

Its like saying "What about Daigle and Bobby Orr??"

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
AgentOrange said:

You think Lindros.....a man who changed the game and may have been considered at one point, one of the most dominating players of all time should be in the same sentance as Daigle? Maybe Cleary or Stefan.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
wilka91 said:
Want a tissue? Crosby deserves hype because he is doing something that hasn't been seen in many years. Ovehckin is doing something that barley surpases what Malkin has been doing this year.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
dem said:
STOP THROWING LINDROS IN WITH DAIGLE
STOP IT
NOW
EVERYONE
:mad:

LINDROS WAS A PHENOM
HIS HEAD GOT CRACKED LIKE A COCONUT.

Its like saying "What about Daigle and Bobby Orr??"

Seriously, everybody seems to be throwing Lindros' name out there as a "bust" lately. The guy was absolutely dominant. The only thing that busted was his noddle.

So if Crosby only ends up having the impact of an Eric Lindros, I guess we'll have to live with that, eh?

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
If you were to pick an all-time team based on the players at their peak just based
on their ability and not their career I think Lindros would end up pretty darn
high.He gets a pretty bum rap lately but I think alot of it is people didn't like his
attitude or his parents attitude.I myself,didn't like the guy but I recognize he
was the dominant player for awhile.

All things considered his career stats on a per game basis are actually pretty
impressive,especially accounting for the lower scoring era.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Albino said:
Seriously, everybody seems to be throwing Lindros' name out there as a "bust" lately. The guy was absolutely dominant. The only thing that busted was his noddle.

So if Crosby only ends up having the impact of an Eric Lindros, I guess we'll have to live with that, eh?

Except for generally saying that Crosby should be great, Lindros was great, hard to compare the two. Crosby is not anything like Lindros as far as play goes. Totally different players. Lindros was a tank, he would kill you, and had scoring touch as well. Crosby is not the tank Lindros was coming out but brings other things to the table, likely the reason you hear the gretzky comparisons.

AgentOrange*

The Albino said:

I never said Lindros was a bust, as dem implies I did.

I just used Daigle and Lindros as names that were hyped to the the next ones etcetc

Lindros was a dominate player.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Lindros was the most dominant player in the mid nineties before his mind got smashed.

Eric Lindros would have been one of the greatest players of all time if it wasn't for the injuries.

Who's to say Crosby will or won't get injured liek the Big E....

I take a 17 year old Lindros over a 17 year old Crosby in an instant!!

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Jaded-Fan said:
Except for generally saying that Crosby should be great, Lindros was great, hard to compare the two. Crosby is not anything like Lindros as far as play goes. Totally different players. Lindros was a tank, he would kill you, and had scoring touch as well. Crosby is not the tank Lindros was coming out but brings other things to the table, likely the reason you hear the gretzky comparisons.

Wasn't comparing the two players, just saying that I've read several threads lately that Lindros never lived up to his hype.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
A few weeks ago when I started a thread on Crosby scoring 50 in 50 I got a warning from a Mod that no means no when it comes to new threads on #87, so I assume some harsh words are forthcoming on this particular topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad