Crosby and Phaneuf to Austria for the WC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Ola said:
dunno, McGuire said so. He wasn't very specific though. Just said that Smyth, STL and Iginla expected children before or under the WC...

I think if Smyth gets an invite he'll go. He has never turned down the chance to wear the maple leaf before and I think he is proud of that. That being said, he could make it aware that it isn'a good time and not get an invite. But if he is invited, he'll be there.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
i think i can say for certain that it's an honour to play for one's country.

i expect any canadian asked to play will jump at the chance, and there will probably be a 10-14 day day training camp due to the nhl feeling the need to screw it's fans, players, and sponsors.

a couple top stars from each country may decline invitations but i'm betting most will play as it will be considered this years "Cup" !

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
s7ark said:
I think if Smyth gets an invite he'll go. He has never turned down the chance to wear the maple leaf before and I think he is proud of that. That being said, he could make it aware that it isn'a good time and not get an invite. But if he is invited, he'll be there.

and Iggy as well. these guys are proud to be Canadians and I love them....but Smyth has to be the captain !!!

Ola said:
When it comes to Carter he is a bit on the slow side, and that combined with zero experience isn't a good combination. If Crosby is picked its because he is a really special player who at 18 can do stuff not many if any people in hockey can do. You don't pick a junior like Carter to do the dirty work in a WC. Experience is A&Ö in these tournaments...

There's no chance they'll pick Carter, but he's definitely not on the slow side. His skating is one of his strengths and the added space would probably benefit.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
the World Championships tend to choose players that are loyal to the tournament. I expect Matt Cooke to get an invite of players not yet noted.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Jason MacIsaac said:
Hamhuis should get some long looks.
:handclap:.. i also agree on the call to give spezza a long look..

i'd like something like this:

forwards

maltby, draper, doan, smyth, briere, morrow, iginla, bell, tanguay, nash, torres, walz, gagne, morrison

defencemen

brewer, redden, bouwmeester, hannan, smith, boynton, sydor, sarich

goalies

luongo, denis, theodore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad