Crosby 5 pts...game still in the 2nd period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Wishbone

Jul 9, 2003
Sidney has 2G 3A so far mid-way thru the 2nd period tonight.

I had the pleasure of seeing him on Thurs in Halifax. He played an average game, but he still exposed some of his talent. The guy is a pleasure to watch. QMJHL Coaches.......double team him like Halifax did...it might be the only way to keep him from big nights like he is having tonight. I feel bad for the guy who has to shadow him..really tough.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Johnny Wishbone said:
Sidney has 2G 3A so far mid-way thru the 2nd period tonight.

I had the pleasure of seeing him on Thurs in Halifax. He played an average game, but he still exposed some of his talent. The guy is a pleasure to watch. QMJHL Coaches.......double team him like Halifax did...it might be the only way to keep him from big nights like he is having tonight. I feel bad for the guy who has to shadow him..really tough.

C 87 Crosby, Sidney 2 3 5

CRAZINESS DUDE!!!!!!!!!
THIS GUY NOW LEADS THE QMJHL IN POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS GUY IS THE REAL DEAL!

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Aaron Vickers said:
There's a stickied thread, specifically for this stuf...

Well the stickied thread is for non-Groundshaking talk and I believe this is definitely groundshaking. A 16 year old on a very bad team leading the Q in points. That's pretty damn impressive.

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
#37-#93-#27 said:
I thought he wasn't playing with him.

Wether he's playing with him or not, it sure can't be bad for Sidney's production since the defensive coverage is looking for both of them. And this team seems to be off to a good start, no? I mean, they are first in their division.

Marmax

Dec 28, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Roughneck said:
Well the stickied thread is for non-Groundshaking talk and I believe this is definitely groundshaking. A 16 year old on a very bad team leading the Q in points. That's pretty damn impressive.

First in the eastern conference? yes they really suck hard... :rolleyes:

#37-#93-#27*

awesome` said:
Wether he's playing with him or not, it sure can't be bad for Sidney's production since the defensive coverage is looking for both of them. And this team seems to be off to a good start, no? I mean, they are first in their division.
That's just nitpicking. I'd also venture to say Crosby is the reason they're first.

BCCHL inactive

Roughneck said:

It's one game. This isn't "groundshaking", it's more Crosby prospect board spam.

Marmax

Dec 28, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
moosefan said:
the only time Crosby and Pouliot play together is on the Power Play, other than that they play on seperate lines.

They are not playing together but there is a couple other good player with that team. Danny Stewart, Danny Roussin, Dominic Jasmin Riel and Pouliot are pretty good hockey player. If that guy (Roughneck) thinks that Rimouski is a very bad team, he must not watch them very often.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Habs4Life said:
C 87 Crosby, Sidney 2 3 5

CRAZINESS DUDE!!!!!!!!!
THIS GUY NOW LEADS THE QMJHL IN POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS GUY IS THE REAL DEAL!

Latendresse had 2 + 2 tonight for Drumondville. This big guy could be a good one too!

Has anyone seen both Latendresse and Crosby play this season? Any comparisons?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
HabLover said:
Latendresse had 2 + 2 tonight for Drumondville. This big guy could be a good one too!

Has anyone seen both Latendresse and Crosby play this season? Any comparisons?

I am not going to compare both though I have seen both play. By now you can probably put together Crosbys game yourself, so I will tell you about Latendresse.

Offense:
Great stickhandler, he is very smooth and has great one-on-one skills with the puck, very exciting to watch him handel the puck in traffic and is very strong with the puck. He has good vision on the ice and is a great passer, he has a good shot that is accurate. He goes to the net, is not scared to go into the corners to get the puck out, knows how to generate offense when he is out there and is very good around the net. On his skates Latendresse is very fast with good acceleration and balance, very tough to knock down on his skates.

Defense:
He plays a great defensive game in which his good foot speed allows him to get back on defense, he will dive infront of pucks and tie up sticks. he keeps moving on the ice he never stops so his great work ethic also takes away alot of room on the ice.

Physical Game:
this is one thing Latendresse has over Crosby. He loves to hit and plays very gritty hockey. Latendresse is able to give out big hits in open ice or against the boards, he really knows how to let a guy know he is on the ice.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
moosefan said:
I am not going to compare both though I have seen both play. By now you can probably put together Crosbys game yourself, so I will tell you about Latendresse.

Offense:
Great stickhandler, he is very smooth and has great one-on-one skills with the puck, very exciting to watch him handel the puck in traffic and is very strong with the puck. He has good vision on the ice and is a great passer, he has a good shot that is accurate. He goes to the net, is not scared to go into the corners to get the puck out, knows how to generate offense when he is out there and is very good around the net. On his skates Latendresse is very fast with good acceleration and balance, very tough to knock down on his skates.

Defense:
He plays a great defensive game in which his good foot speed allows him to get back on defense, he will dive infront of pucks and tie up sticks. he keeps moving on the ice he never stops so his great work ethic also takes away alot of room on the ice.

Physical Game:
this is one thing Latendresse has over Crosby. He loves to hit and plays very gritty hockey. Latendresse is able to give out big hits in open ice or against the boards, he really knows how to let a guy know he is on the ice.

Thanks....sounds like he could be a good one. Hopefully I'll see him play at some point.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Thread bashers,

As a hockey fan who often visits this site to read about all that is significant, interesting and new in the hockey world I would like to speak up for a second.

When a 16 year old kid has 5 points before the second period horn sounds I want to hear about it. I'm sure I'm not alone. I don't always check the sporatic post thread because it isn't a must read every time I come to the site.

I appreciate the fact that I was able to log on in a bit of a rush and find out about what was happening. It is certainly a significant accomplishment for a 16 year old and it's a piece of information that is of interest to the hockey community. Isn't that what these boards are for?

Thanks for the information Johnny Wishbone.

Johnny Wishbone

Jul 9, 2003
Don_Cherry said:
Thread bashers,

As a hockey fan who often visits this site to read about all that is significant, interesting and new in the hockey world I would like to speak up for a second.

When a 16 year old kid has 5 points before the second period horn sounds I want to hear about it. I'm sure I'm not alone. I don't always check the sporatic post thread because it isn't a must read every time I come to the site.

I appreciate the fact that I was able to log on in a bit of a rush and find out about what was happening. It is certainly a significant accomplishment for a 16 year old and it's a piece of information that is of interest to the hockey community. Isn't that what these boards are for?

Thanks Don Cherry.
I did see the thread about Crosby but figured that if I put a post in it, that reader who wanted to hear about the game he was having, would not have read it. Because the game was in progress I decided to make a thread so guys could hear about it now...and maybe check the updates of the game if they had interest. I'm sorry if I made anybody mad....I know we have alot of Crosby postings as it is.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Well I find it dumb to have a sticky and just post everything about him in there. This guy is a prospect, one of the better ones in recent memory and they are limiting the amount of post you can do on him. Thing is there was a ton of Fleury, Staal, Zherdev, and Horton things last year and what about this year there will be a ton of Ovechkin, and Schremp posts, are we going to just have stickeys for them as well????? I think we should just be able to post about what ever we want to and if people have a problem with it then don't read it, easy as that.

Capt Tuttle

Jan 31, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:
Thread bashers,

I agree. I think it's great the kid is doing so well. When's the last time a 16 year old was leading a major junior league in scoring. I don't care who he is playing with, he's the one putting up the points! The way Crosby has dominated the scoreboard everywhere he has played is the closest resemblance to a young Gretzky that I can remember. Crosby's performance is certainly entertaining.

gbl1p

Jun 19, 2003
Ottawa
www.level1productions.com
Don_Cherry said:
Thread bashers,

<b>AMEN!</b>

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:
Thread bashers,

agreed, theres good uses for stickies but seems to me in this case its a means to limit the amount of space that people use to talk about Crosby, sometimes this is good because some mororns wanna make a post every time he sneezes but its bad when theres news of interest that people wanna hear about.....sometimes you gotta tell em where to stick there stickies :joker:

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
This was definitely something I wanted to hear about too, and probably would have missed it for awhile if it was in the sticky thread. 5 points in a game to overtake the leading scorer position as a 16 year older in any major junior league is big news. This was thread worthy news.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
When something like this happens, I would like to read about it in it's own thread. Crosby has been very impressive and I come to the prospects board to read about him and other prospects. We don't need 74 threads on him, but I don't see a problem with this one.

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
I agree this deserved its own thread. A prospect scoring 5 points in a game deserves a thread much more than say, an agent having his car broken into. However I do see the need for a sticky for some of the more mundane posts, but things like this do deserve 100% their own thread on the Prospect board of Hockey's Future.

Liam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad