Cristiano Ronaldo is world best player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Last five years, 4 Ballon d'Or. Fifa player of the year two years in row. Messi has won golden ball only once last five years. What can i say? Ronaldo is world best player and it isn't even close anymore.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Messi is still better and that is what isn't even all that close.

Is Ronaldo even the best player on his own team? Okay, conceded, the question belongs in the "hot takes" thread. :baghead:

Reactions: Evilo

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Messi is only better against trash teams. But difference against elite defense is huge for Ronaldo. That's also the reason why Messi doesn't won these trophies. He is always way too trash, when stakes gets higher.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Messi fanboys are always stating that he is clearly better player but when it comes to arguments it's very quiet.

l_122881_053942_updates.jpg

There is reason why this man has taken the the trophy 4/5 times last five years. Only one for Messi. 4vs1? This ain't rocket science brothers.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Ronaldo is a clinical finisher no doubt. Definitely top 5 or even top 3 all time. But Messi is clearly the better player and a top 2 of all time.

As others have said, Modric is probably the most important player at Real.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
At the end of the day the sport and most fans will always favour the goals or flash over other things, even if other contributions as a whole are more important to the way the team plays. It's just the way sports are -- they want that end product and because the game is measured by the score it's where most of the emphasis will be. Ronaldo set records in the CL and scored in all the most important game while also winning La Liga...was it really ever a doubt he'd win the BdO?

Can't really belittle Ronaldo's accomplishments. Is Messi a better player? Absolutely, but you still need results.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I had few doubts in June. Since then though? Hell yeah, was there ever a Ballon d'Or Winner who sucked that much from august to december?

I guess we have to go back to Cannavaro. But he was a farce of a winner to begin with.

One goal every 450 minutes. Even Brandao did better :D

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
In all seriousness, I can see the angle they took with it this year. Ronaldo showed up vs. big teams, destroying them single handily in the biggest competition in the sport. Messi was shut down by Juve and required a Neymar miracle to get past PSG.

But, I would've still voted for Messi. Ronaldo's sucked this year for the most part outside of those games. This is nothing new with UEFA though - see Cannavaro.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
In all seriousness, I can see the angle they took with it this year. Ronaldo showed up vs. big teams, destroying them single handily in the biggest competition in the sport. Messi was shut down by Juve and required a Neymar miracle to get past PSG.

But, I would've still voted for Messi. Ronaldo's sucked this year for the most part outside of those games. This is nothing new with UEFA though - see Cannavaro.

And when the situation was reversed - when Ribery was the best player on a CL winning team and Cristiano was coming on hot at the end of the year - FIFA/France Football extended the voting period so a bigger sample of Cristiano's games would shine through. Clearly only half a season on pace with Messi in goals is enough for Cristiano to lock up the award.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
And when the situation was reversed - when Ribery was the best player on a CL winning team and Cristiano was coming on hot at the end of the year - FIFA/France Football extended the voting period so a bigger sample of Cristiano's games would shine through. Clearly only half a season on pace with Messi in goals is enough for Cristiano to lock up the award.
Ribery was overrated, I don't mind it that year. Probably should've gone to Messi as well though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Messi is still better and that is what isn't even all that close.

Is Ronaldo even the best player on his own team? Okay, conceded, the question belongs in the "hot takes" thread. :baghead:

You aren't wrong. Real Madrid has numerous players who are the best player in the world at their position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad