Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Steve Smith & David Warner - 12 month bans
Cameron Bancroft - 9 month ban

Smith & Bancroft will not be allowed to hold a leadership position until at least 12 months after their bans end. Warner will never be allowed.

Agree with Drako above that Warner never plays for Australia again.

From what is being reported it was Warner's plan to do this and he talked Bancroft into doing it. Smith became aware that something was going on but didn't do anything to find out what or stop it. Not sure Smiths talk about "yellow tape" and "leadership groups" in the press conference helped his cause with the Aussie board, more than a hint of cover-up/PR spin.

Oct 18, 2006
James Sutherland is a joke. Not sure why this clown still has a job.

Sounding like it was Warner's idea, and you think given his volatile nature he might spills the beans and throw others under the rug at some stage.

Smith was stupid but I somewhat feel sorry for him. 12 months is a long ban, when so many others have done it but escaped punishment.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
SOHU3S2ZANAI7BGZ55ZI3VIHIU.jpg

Some sledging doing down this side of the Tasman.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Steve Smith & David Warner - 12 month bans
Cameron Bancroft - 9 month ban

Smith & Bancroft will not be allowed to hold a leadership position until at least 12 months after their bans end. Warner will never be allowed.

Agree with Drako above that Warner never plays for Australia again.

From what is being reported it was Warner's plan to do this and he talked Bancroft into doing it. Smith became aware that something was going on but didn't do anything to find out what or stop it. Not sure Smiths talk about "yellow tape" and "leadership groups" in the press conference helped his cause with the Aussie board, more than a hint of cover-up/PR spin.

I can't believe this mess. I really liked Warner and thought he had matured a lot over the last few years. Then he goes and does something like this. I hope he never plays for Australia again. Convenient that the bans end just before the World Cup, though.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Disappointed with what happened. I really like Steve Smith. I hope he's back to his normal self next year. Anyone know when the schedule for World Cup will be out? Planning to be in Paris to catch French Open around May 28-May 29, and then was hoping I'd catch a match in London in early June before heading home.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
James Sutherland is a joke. Not sure why this clown still has a job.

Sounding like it was Warner's idea, and you think given his volatile nature he might spills the beans and throw others under the rug at some stage.

Smith was stupid but I somewhat feel sorry for him. 12 months is a long ban, when so many others have done it but escaped punishment.

Unless others we punish our players. I'm looking at you SA and Faf duPlessis.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Well that's going to have to be one heck of a chase in the ODI.

England set new ODI record - England - 481 for 6

Hales & Bairstow with hundreds
Morgan & Roy with fifties

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
If they hadn't given away a few wickets near the end they might have gotten to 500.

Tye went for 100 runs of 9 overs, ouch.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
England finished them off today to take the series 5-0

Crazy game today though, England were 114-8 at one point chasing 206. A Butler hundred and some fight from the tail got England home.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Pakistan with nine straight series wins in T20s and ranked #1 handily. Excited to see what the team looks like for the World Cup. I have a wish list but I don't know if it'll be what management goes with.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Pakistan with nine straight series wins in T20s and ranked #1 handily. Excited to see what the team looks like for the World Cup. I have a wish list but I don't know if it'll be what management goes with.

Next world Cup is going to India or Pakistan.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Feels good to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat for once.

Afghanistan's improvement has been amazing. Only if Bangladesh had the same curve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->