Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
That the hostility towards India is completely unnecessary. I get why it's upsetting to Pakistan because India has to be the bad guy when it comes to anything, but he's not wrong.

Anyhow, Afridi 49 off of 19 balls. Well done!

The way you're wording it makes it sound like it's one way, which it very obviously isn't. Nonetheless, we aren't allowed to steer the conversation towards political talk so let's avoid it.

This is Afridi's best game in years. Hopefully he has another good one in store for Saturday. Excited for the reasonable match time and it being on the weekend

darko

Feb 16, 2009
How are you guys Canada watching the T20 World Cup? Streaming it or buying a TV package? I can only seem to find the tournament on a per game basis on Bell. $15 for one match is ridiculous.

That is ridiculous.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
We suck ass on flat pitches in T20, mostly due to our lack of power hitters. The bowling in that game was inexcusably bad thought. Very disappointing start to the tournament for us.

How bout dat Gayle doe

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
We suck ass on flat pitches in T20, mostly due to our lack of power hitters. The bowling in that game was inexcusably bad thought. Very disappointing start to the tournament for us.

How bout dat Gayle doe

Good game for Pakistan, definitely. Everything seemed to click for us. Hoping they have the same consistency on Saturday for presumably a pissed off Indian team. Amir sending the wicket cartwheeling was awesome.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Damn it. Again and again, India destroys Pakistan. This is getting old.

Chandrashekhar Limit

Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Good game for Pakistan, definitely. Everything seemed to click for us. Hoping they have the same consistency on Saturday for presumably a pissed off Indian team. Amir sending the wicket cartwheeling was awesome.

I was rooting for you guys today. Batting was descent but the spinners especially Afridi led the side down. Plus th Indian batsmen are pretty good against spin. Shows ya how good Santner and Sodhi bowled in game 1. From what I've seen so far I'm gonna say NZ and WI are favourites.

And in other news, Taskin has been suspended by the mother****ing ICC fo his "illegal" action. Wha a load of *********. ICC is ****ing corrupt to the core. Bumrah has a more suspect action then him but you'll never see umps calling Indian bowlers on that ****.

No Mustafiz no Rubel no Taskin.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I was rooting for you guys today. Batting was descent but the spinners especially Afridi led the side down. Plus th Indian batsmen are pretty good against spin. Shows ya how good Santner and Sodhi bowled in game 1. From what I've seen so far I'm gonna say NZ and WI are favourites.

And in other news, Taskin has been suspended by the mother****ing ICC fo his "illegal" action. Wha a load of *********. ICC is ****ing corrupt to the core. Bumrah has a more suspect action then him but you'll never see umps calling Indian bowlers on that ****.

No Mustafiz no Rubel no Taskin.

Afridi's lack of ability to read the pitch while Dhoni read it perfectly killed us. Nawaz and Imad are fantastic spinners but the dolt went for four seamers.

Sunny has a sketchy action but I always thought Taskin had a really nice smooth and clean one. Apparently there's some controversy that Taskin was forced to bowl differently than he would in match conditions which caused the illegal reading. The lack of transparency is what makes the ICC such a terrible organization. If any BD player has ab illegal action, it's Al Amin. Apparently it's an elbow defect, lol.

Chandrashekhar Limit

Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Afridi's lack of ability to read the pitch while Dhoni read it perfectly killed us. Nawaz and Imad are fantastic spinners but the dolt went for four seamers.

Sunny has a sketchy action but I always thought Taskin had a really nice smooth and clean one. Apparently there's some controversy that Taskin was forced to bowl differently than he would in match conditions which caused the illegal reading. The lack of transparency is what makes the ICC such a terrible organization. If any BD player has ab illegal action, it's Al Amin. Apparently it's an elbow defect, lol.

The one thing Afridi always lacked is a brain. He has always had immense talent. I remember how he used to always throw his wicket away in the late 90s and early 2000s. It was infuriating.

Remember when Wasim, Waqar and Saqlain were in the team. They could destroy batting lineups at will. If you gave those 3 a pitch like this, India would have had a really tough time.

Agreed on Sunny. My cousins and I always call him Al Amin the chucker. The elbow defect explains a lot. I've always wondered why they never called him lol

Taskin has no issues with his action. This is pure politics. AFAIK BCB is appealing Taskins decision. But the ICC has succeeded in ruining Bangladesh's WC so thumbs up to them.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Funny how they couldn't squeeze in the mandatory 20 overs aside after the rain delay by docking 4 overs off but they had 30 mins for speeches. Another example of BCCI dictating ICC events on their terms, they've already proved by removing the use of UDRS in a world event just because it's being hosted in India.

No worries though we Aussies will probably still knock India out and join the Black Caps for the semis. Can't see neither Pakistan or Bangladesh winning another game from here on thus making AUS v INDIA a KO game.

Last edited:

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Funny how they couldn't squeeze in the mandatory 20 overs aside after the rain delay by docking 4 overs off but they had 30 mins for speeches. Another example of BCCI dictating ICC events on their terms, they've already proved by removing the use of UDRS in a world event just because it's being hosted in India.

No worries though we Aussies will probably still knock India out and join the Black Caps for the semis. Can't see neither Pakistan or Bangladesh winning another game from here on thus making AUS v INDIA a KO game.

Nah our batsmen will tear apart your B class bowlers. Your bowling lineup is extremely mediocre in T20s.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Nah our batsmen will tear apart your B class bowlers. Your bowling lineup is extremely mediocre in T20s.

The same could be said of Indian batting outside Kholi and Dhoni your batsmen have also looked very mediocre in t20s not only in this tournament but also in Asia Cup. They chocked against the Kiwis getting bowled out for mere 79 chasing 120 odd. They almost collapsed against Pakistan and if Afridi had played another genuine spinner and been more attacking with his bowling choices and field placements it could have another loss for India.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
The same could be said of Indian batting outside Kholi and Dhoni your batsmen have also looked very mediocre in t20s not only in this tournament but also in Asia Cup. They chocked against the Kiwis getting bowled out for mere 79 chasing 120 odd. They almost collapsed against Pakistan and if Afridi had played another genuine spinner and been more attacking with his bowling choices and field placements it could have another loss for India.

Yeah but those were spinning tracks. On a flat track we hit Bangla bowlers all over the park. I don't think Australian bowling in T20s is that much better than Bangladesh.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Now that I've had the time to reflect on yesterday's embarrassment, I'd like to write down the things that didn't make sense to me:

1) Afridi's failure to read the pitch resulting in choosing the wrong bowling lineup.
2) The removal of Imad from the lineup even after he had played well in the warmup and the first match.
3) Bringing himself in one down instead of Hafeez and Sarfraz (who is arguably one of the best players of spin in the world) and waiting to bring those guys in at 6 and 7.
4) KNOWING that Sharjeel can't play spin but still selecting him. He looked like an absolute wreck out there against Jadeja, Ashwin and even Raina.
5) Waqar's lack of coaching. He is a muppet and a puppet. I am confident that he doesn't really know what's going on out there and completely lacks any sort of strategy.
6) Afridi tossing in full tosses and darts EVEN AFTER seeing what the Indian spinners had done with a goodish length.

Just a terrible showing. Australia struggles with spin so watch us play four seamers again on Friday. NZ match is going to decide our fate, essentially.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Now that I've had the time to reflect on yesterday's embarrassment, I'd like to write down the things that didn't make sense to me:

1) Afridi's failure to read the pitch resulting in choosing the wrong bowling lineup.
2) The removal of Imad from the lineup even after he had played well in the warmup and the first match.
3) Bringing himself in one down instead of Hafeez and Sarfraz (who is arguably one of the best players of spin in the world) and waiting to bring those guys in at 6 and 7.
4) KNOWING that Sharjeel can't play spin but still selecting him. He looked like an absolute wreck out there against Jadeja, Ashwin and even Raina.
5) Waqar's lack of coaching. He is a muppet and a puppet. I am confident that he doesn't really know what's going on out there and completely lacks any sort of strategy.
6) Afridi tossing in full tosses and darts EVEN AFTER seeing what the Indian spinners had done with a goodish length.

Just a terrible showing. Australia struggles with spin so watch us play four seamers again on Friday. NZ match is going to decide our fate, essentially.

Hafeez is injured too. He is our best flat track bully and would've been essential against the spinners of NZ had the pitch been flat.

I'm expecting to get trounced tomorrow if we play Wahab over a spinner.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Hafeez is injured too. He is our best flat track bully and would've been essential against the spinners of NZ had the pitch been flat.

I'm expecting to get trounced tomorrow if we play Wahab over a spinner.

Wahab is injured as well and is likely to miss tomorrow's match. Imad should be in.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
So Pakistan chasing Black Caps 181 scored 61 runs in first 5 overs. Sharjeel blasting it all over park, 58 needed in last 5 overs with 7 wickets in hand and no boundaries scored. As Warne said it was a weird chase by Pakistan. It seemed as apart from Sharjeel and Afridi the other batsmen were playing not to win the game. :laugh:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
So Pakistan chasing Black Caps 181 scored 61 runs in first 5 overs. Sharjeel blasting it all over park, 58 needed in last 5 overs with 7 wickets in hand and no boundaries scored. As Warne said it was a weird chase by Pakistan. It seemed as apart from Sharjeel and Afridi the other batsmen were playing not to win the game. :laugh:

Just absolutely baffled. It was an easily winnable game with the nice start and many wickets in hand. I can't believe this team. Waqar is a goner and hopefully Afridi just... Goes away. Forever.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Holy crap. What a game against Bangladesh. Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

But Bangladesh has sure come a long ways in the last 3-4 years. A team to reckon with for sure.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Goodness, that defense was insane. India must improve quickly or they will be slaughtered. Pandya though - amazing! Future is bright!

Yep. In a way it was a good sign as an India fan to pull this victory off. They were poor in the field, average bowling and poor batting by their normal standards. And they still team a good team in Bangladesh (I truly feel they are better than what their record shows).

Pandya is proving to be quite the all-rounder.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Dhoni's stumping of Sabbir. Sabbir's feet were in the air for 0.35 seconds. MS is a ****ing legend.

giphy.gif

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Bangladesh you frigging useless bunch! Three in a row? Just unbelievable. Argh!

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Just absolutely baffled. It was an easily winnable game with the nice start and many wickets in hand. I can't believe this team. Waqar is a goner and hopefully Afridi just... Goes away. Forever.

This was the game where Afridi should have promoted himself to no 3 ahead of Khalid Latif or sent in Sarfaraz Ahmed and willl say Amir also looked pretty average in this game.

As for the game today. It was very selfish display by both Mahmadulla and Mushfiqur celebrating as they've already won with 2 runs still needed. Both were experienced enough play the remaining balls for singles and securing a win without the glory shots. India must be one of the most overrated sides in this tournament riding their luck on toss and mishaps of opponent teams. Hopefully we Aussies can knock these guys out with a solid win over Pakistan on Friday. India winning the game in the last ball of the last over really didn't help boosting up their NNR, so even if Aussies were to lose one the 2 remaining games they're pretty much in the Semis.

Besides I'm sure Pakistanis would love to see their arch rivals go out of the tournament so they will hand us a an easy win. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->