OT: Create the worst team you can, within 100k of the salary cap.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
We need something else other than the endless argument starting in the GM thread. So, came up with an idea for something to pass the time.

Create the worst team you can. The only catch is you need to be within 100k of the salary cap.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/create/custom

Select the 2017-2018 contracts. See how bad you can make it.

Edit: Using players on LTIR who are unlikely to ever play cannot be used.

Also, line numbering will have no relevance. The more talented/reliable lines would be given the icetime. Having effective guys on the 4th line but trash on the top line would essentially reverse.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
This is my initial entry. Will likely make changes yet. Before anyone says "Player X shouldn't be there", I had to eat up the cap space somehow.

I think I went a bit cap heavy on the first few forwards I took. I could likely make this team worse by taking a few cheaper guys.

OE7s9cD.png

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
6OyU4cp.png

My entry. I went with guys that are used on their teams in the role that they would be used here.

All of these players are either awful or had awful seasons (Larkin, (hopefully) Lazar)

Even still though, it's hard to imagine this team doing worse than the Avs.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I think I'll leave this thread up for a bit, and eventually put all of them together on a poll in the poll thread. See who's is the worst.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
This is my initial entry. Will likely make changes yet. Before anyone says "Player X shouldn't be there", I had to eat up the cap space somehow.

I think I went a bit cap heavy on the first few forwards I took. I could likely make this team worse by taking a few cheaper guys.

OE7s9cD.png

I actually really like that first line :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I just realized I was >$100K out from the cap. I should make a new one. Maybe I'll do it without LTIR players to be more realistic.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Mine timed out on capfriendly just as I was about to post it, but I know it was within the 100K range. Here it is without the numbers:

Matt Belesky - Carl Soderberg - Dustin Brown
Blake Comeau - Jiri Lehtera - Troy Brouwer
Lance Bouma - Eric Fehr - Nikolai Kulemin
Benoit Pouliot - Riley Sheahan - Jimmy Hayes
Nick Lappin

Andrew Macdonald - Dan Girardi
Ben Lovejoy - Luca Sbisa
Alexei Emelin - Matt Barkowski
Alex Biega

Antti Niemi
Loius Domingue

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I actually really like that first line :laugh:

My plan was to basically sink as much cap as I could into a decent/mediocre top 6, a really slow defense, unreliable goaltending, and a **** bottom 6. I think I achieved that. The top 6 might score enough to steal some games, but that defense/goaltending won't be doing any favors.

The top line reminds me of when St.Louis used Guerin - Weight - Tkachuk after the lockout.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->