OT: Create a future roster (under 25's)

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
With all the prospects we have and how they look I thought it would be interesting to see some peoples thoughts on rosters just using our prospects to see what kind of NHL team we could ice. The rules are all players must be 25 or younger. The roster doesn't have to be best player today but can be future if you like. See my 4th line

Nyquist Sheahan Mantha
Tatar Jarnkrok Jurco
Athanasiou Janmark Pulkkinen
Tvrdon Andersson Frk
Callahan Ferraro

Dekeyser Smith
Ouellet Marchenko
Backman Sproul
Almquist/Nedomlel

Mrazek
Paterson

We have so many prospects that look promising that there isn't enough room to even include them on an all prospect roster.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I think we'll pick up a good top6 center prospect in the next few drafts, probably in 2015. With that in mind:

Nyquist-2015 pick-Mantha
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar (will be a phenomenal 2nd line in a couple years, I'm almost sure of it.
Pulkkinen-Janmark-Jarnkrok
Ty.Bertuzzi-Andersson-Callahan
Ferraro

DeKeyser-Smith
Ouellet-Sproul
Marchenko-Backman

Mrazek
Paterson

It's actually a pretty good roster. No real stars (other than maybe Mantha and Nyquist if he keeps trending up) but a deep team.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Sounds fun. Lots of names to choose from

Nyquist - Jarnkrok - Mantha
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Athanasiou - Janmark - Pulkkinen
Bertuzzi - Glendening - Callahan

Smith - Dekeyser
Ouellet - Marchenko
Backman - Sproul

Mrazek
Paterson

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I know he's not the flashiest prospect, but I think Nastasiuk is the type of guy Babcock would love to have as a 3rd line winger. To play a role similar to Cleary before his body broke down.

I think he'll be a good "glue" guy down the line.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Redo of my original list plus added a second list and bolded the guys who I think could still be NHL players. Some guys already have been (Emmerton, Glendening).

Nyquist Sheahan Mantha
Tatar Jarnkrok Jurco
Callahan Andersson Ferraro

Dekeyser Smith
Ouellet Marchenko
Backman Sproul
Almquist

Mrazek
Paterson

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tvrdon Emmerton Frk
Bertuzzi Glendening Nestrasil
Pope Nastasiuk Hudon
Melen Aubry Bodin

Nedomlel Jenson
McNulty Wheaton

McKee De Hass

McCollum (need to be signed)
Coreau

Those D's are going to be long shots but you never know. Adding a second list you sure can see how deep our prospect pool is right now. How on earth are we going to find roster spots (I realize most won't make it) but still. The positions aren't all correct because our lack on center's. I moved guys that have played there at some point.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Tvrdon Emmerton Frk
Bertuzzi Glendening Nestrasil
Pope Nastasiuk Hudon
Melen Aubry Bodin

Nedomlel Jenson
McNulty Wheaton

McKee De Hass

McCollum (need to be signed)
Coreau

Those D's are going to be long shots but you never know. Adding a second list you sure can see how deep our prospect pool is right now. How on earth are we going to find roster spots (I realize most won't make it) but still. The positions aren't all correct because our lack on center's. I moved guys that have played there at some point.

A little nitpicking here but I thin De Hass get's the short end of the stick quite a bit. He's much more likely to make the NHL in a servicable role than someone like McKee, maybe even 2 of the D we picked last year. De Hass is the highest scoring '94 on his team, I believe he's the 5th highest scoring '94 in his conference. He may not have the high end of some of the other guys but he could become serviceable #5/6 maybe even a #4.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
A little nitpicking here but I thin De Hass get's the short end of the stick quite a bit. He's much more likely to make the NHL in a servicable role than someone like McKee, maybe even 2 of the D we picked last year. De Hass is the highest scoring '94 on his team, I believe he's the 5th highest scoring '94 in his conference. He may not have the high end of some of the other guys but he could become serviceable #5/6 maybe even a #4.

I actually had De Hass bolded but didn't want to come across as crazy picking all 6 guys with NHL upside. :)

I do think he is a better player then McKee but due to his tough aggressive game he may be called up before De Hass. It's all a guess at this point though.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Nyquist Jarnkrok Mantha
Tatar Sheahan Jurco
Ferraro Nastasiuk Callahan
Callahan Frk

Dekeyser Sproul
Ouellet Marchenko
Backman Smith
Almquist/Nedomlel

Mrazek
Paterson

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I actually had De Hass bolded but didn't want to come across as crazy picking all 6 guys with NHL upside. :)

I do think he is a better player then McKee but due to his tough aggressive game he may be called up before De Hass. It's all a guess at this point though.

I agree totally. I just feel that he gets over looked quite a bit. I'm also not sure McKee even makes it as a dman as last I checked he had started playing forward.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Sounds fun. Lots of names to choose from

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Athanasiou - Janmark - Pulkkinen
Bertuzzi - Andersson - Callahan

Smith - Dekeyser
Ouellet - Marchenko
Backman - Sproul

Mrazek
Paterson

That's what I would do, with the bold being the only change. I really like his size and PK abilities. This really shows our prospect depth I'm really excited to see what these guys can do in the future.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Nyquist-Jarnkrok-Mantha
Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco
Athanasiou-Andersson-Pulkkinen
Callahan-Glendening-Ferraro
Janmark

DeKeyser-Sproul
Smith-Marchenko
Ouellet-Wheaton
Backman (almost went with DeHaas)

Mrazek
Paterson

Wings need to draft centers this year, hard. Might not be a #1 NHL center under 30 in the whole org right now, and now that they've finally found at least three and almost certainly four NHL scoring wingers (Jurco, Tatar, Nyquist, Mantha), I am betting they'll focus on reloading up the middle. And they'll take a goalie, because they will. There's no other good reason for it, but they will. I predict a couple defensemen, a goalie, and a whole mess of centers.

Anchor Town*

So is it under 25 or 25 and under? You say one in the title and one in the OP

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar
Frk - Janmark - Pulkkinen
Athanasiou - Ferraro - Callahan
Nastasiuk
Bertuzzi

Dekeyser - Smith
Ouellet - Sproul
Backman - Marchenko
Nedomlel

Mrazek
Paterson

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
McKee-Nastasiuk-Pulkkinen
Athanasiou - Ferraro - Callahan
Janmark - Nestrasil

Dekeyser Backman
Ouellet Spoul
McNulty Marchenko
Nedomlel

Mrazek
Paterson

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Jurco-Sheahan-Nyquist
Tatar-Jarnkork-Mantha
Pulkkinen-Janmark-Nastasiuk
Athanasiou-Andersson-Ferraro

Dekeyser-Sproul
Ouellet-Smith
Backman-Marchenko

Mrazek
Paterson

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Yeah, is McKee pulling a Brent Burns?

Last I read he was playing some games as a forward for Western Michigan.

My lineup would look something like this:

Nyquist-Sheahan-Mantha
Tatar-Jarnkrok-Jurco
Pulkkinen-Athanasiou-Janmark
Ferraro-Andersson-Nastasiuk
Glendening-Callahan

DeKeyser-Smith
Backman-Marchenko
Ouellet-Almquist
Sproul

Mrazek
McCollum

I don't think either Athanasiou or Janmark end up as centers at the AHL/NHL level but I needed someone to be the #3C & I think it's more likey that AA ends up playing there than Janmark.

No superstar, maybe Mantha or Nyquist, but I think we'd be a top 15 team if the NHL became just a 25 & under league.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
With the amount of possible NHL caliber prospects may be Kenny should offer our next two drafts for a possible star center prospect.

Detroit trades:
2014 - 1st, 2nd ,3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
2015 - 1st, 2nd ,3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
for
Top center prospect
Top center prospect

We will keep the 7th both years and tell HÃ¥kan to do his magic. :)

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
With the amount of possible NHL caliber prospects may be Kenny should offer our next two drafts for a possible star center prospect.

Detroit trades:
2014 - 1st, 2nd ,3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
2015 - 1st, 2nd ,3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
for
Top center prospect
Top center prospect

We will keep the 7th both years and tell HÃ¥kan to do his magic. :)

The other team wouldn't do it. A few years ago I believe the Islanders offered all of their picks in the draft to move up two spots to Columbus. Columbus turned them down.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
The other team wouldn't do it. A few years ago I believe the Islanders offered all of their picks in the draft to move up two spots to Columbus. Columbus turned them down.

Wasn't that was also the Islanders trying to get into the lottery. Pick # 15 for pick # 14. May be Buf would move Grigorenko.

This is all just for fun. I know no team is going to make a deal like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->